BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-15-2020, 04:36 AM   #1
Kalusin
Registered
Poland
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 35i 2015

Question Nav Map - iDrive zoom direction coding

Hi,
I'm new on this forum but was unable to find info about issue made by BMW releated to way how zoom in and out is configured in their cars (serie F).

For me and a lot of people it is completely against intuition, every time I want to zoom in, the map is zoom out and vice versa.

Does anyone has idea if it is possible to change direction for zoom in and out by coding? - would be great.

Krzysztof
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 09:21 AM   #2
filo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalusin View Post
Hi,
I'm new on this forum but was unable to find info about issue made by BMW releated to way how zoom in and out is configured in their cars (serie F).

For me and a lot of people it is completely against intuition, every time I want to zoom in, the map is zoom out and vice versa.

Does anyone has idea if it is possible to change direction for zoom in and out by coding? - would be great.

Krzysztof
Wish I could help you -- I can't. I did have my 2014 X3 coded when I bought it and don't recall seeing an option to switch the scroll -- or I would have done that first. I could have just missed the option though.

I am happy to see another person with the same opinion, though. Why scroll counter-clockwise to zoom in? Seems so strange, and I still make the mistake after almost 4 years with the car.

It's not even a significant nit to pick (in my opinion) but I would love to hear the reasoning behind it, if there is any, as I've always wondered about it.
Appreciate 0