BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-30-2019, 09:29 AM   #45
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo0823 View Post
It should be under body domain controller. Choose either x3 or x4.
Apparently V-Gate won't work for bdc. Advised by Dennis in the Watts app thread. Damn!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 09:29 AM   #46
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Is there a hack you can do to scroll through different colors as a setting?

I think it would be cool to have it scroll through the rainbow as you are driving.

I don't get why red isn't in there by default, it's like BMW makes cool features but only gives you 70% of the capability. It should have a "manual" setting where you can customize via RGB color values to your liking.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 09:55 AM   #47
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Right. I've returned the V Gate and need...is it Unicarscan?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 09:56 AM   #48
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
Right. I've returned the V Gate and need...is it Unicarscan?
Correct. Basically vgate is good for past models like the E and F chassis cars. Even though the x3m 4m is still F Chassis, it falls under the G chassis for codings.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 11:40 AM   #49
MarinoB
Captain
Croatia
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoB View Post
Can you code the amber lights in the headlight off with bimmercode?
Unfortunately not yet with bimmercode. There is expert mode and I wonder what can be achieved with that. I'm not messing with that.
Damn then I'll have to pass on bimmercode, I did like the idea of being able to code "myself" with the app. I contacted codemybimmer.ca and they confirmed they can code out the amber lights in the headlight so I'm going to go through them.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 11:59 AM   #50
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can you code the amber lights in the headlight off with bimmercode?
Unfortunately not yet with bimmercode. There is expert mode and I wonder what can be achieved with that. I'm not messing with that.
Damn then I'll have to pass on bimmercode, I did like the idea of being able to code "myself" with the app. I contacted codemybimmer.ca and they confirmed they can code out the amber lights in the headlight so I'm going to go through them.
Good to know. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 09:09 PM   #51
activereality
Newb to BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe (E92)

Garage List
Quote:
Correct. Basically vgate is good for past models like the E and F chassis cars. Even though the x3m 4m is still F Chassis, it falls under the G chassis for codings.
Hey there! Reading over this thread and had a quick question. I have an '08 335i (e92). Looking for a reader/scanner so that i can do some basic coding on this vehicle. I also have a 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid.

Looking at the documentation (and responses on a few different threads) it seems the vgate (even the latest model) is a bit dated in overall use and functionality for newer vehicles.

Looking at that UniCarScan I see many speaking to it working with newer vehicles as well. But I am not certain it will work with Ford's, as it is not mentioned in the documentation (where i saw at least).

I found yet another scanner (they seem to be ~ a dime a dozen) that touts compatibility with BMW and Ford. OBDLink MX+ Professional OBD2.

My question here: Is there a resource to look for what kinds of protocol compatibility to look for? It seems most of the recommended ones I have found links to on this forum (and others) are all ~$60-$100. I am not necessarily looking to be cheap, but if I can get a scanner to read codes from both vehicles, and allow the use of coding tools (like bimmercode or others), then I would like to. Just trying to figure out how to make sure something is worth it haha.

Thanks for any help or pointers you might have!!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 09:20 PM   #52
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Love it. I have the cable just need to do it.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 09:38 PM   #53
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by activereality View Post
Quote:
Hey there! Reading over this thread and had a quick question. I have an '08 335i (e92). Looking for a reader/scanner so that i can do some basic coding on this vehicle. I also have a 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid.

Looking at the documentation (and responses on a few different threads) it seems the vgate (even the latest model) is a bit dated in overall use and functionality for newer vehicles.

Looking at that UniCarScan I see many speaking to it working with newer vehicles as well. But I am not certain it will work with Ford's, as it is not mentioned in the documentation (where i saw at least).

I found yet another scanner (they seem to be ~ a dime a dozen) that touts compatibility with BMW and Ford. OBDLink MX+ Professional OBD2.

My question here: Is there a resource to look for what kinds of protocol compatibility to look for? It seems most of the recommended ones I have found links to on this forum (and others) are all ~$60-$100. I am not necessarily looking to be cheap, but if I can get a scanner to read codes from both vehicles, and allow the use of coding tools (like bimmercode or others), then I would like to. Just trying to figure out how to make sure something is worth it haha.

Thanks for any help or pointers you might have!!
I Believe unicarscan is compatible with many brands. Check out this site. Might have some useful information. Good luck.
https://obdstation.com/obdlink-scan-tool/
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 01:07 PM   #54
j080808
USA
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i, 440i

As others' have pointed out and I can attest to, using an enet obd cord and adapter for your mobile device is 1000% faster that using a wifi or bluetooth dongle. They both do the same, but hardwired is much faster.

I just purchased these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the G01/F97 series, the VGATE wifi doesnt support all the coding option, so you need a newer item like the OBDLINK MX+ bluetooth, which Im listing (both actually) for sale in the classifieds.

A nice new feature in bimmercode is the ability to keep the heated/cooled seats at your set indefinitely, whereas before, the cooled (at least) would start on high and reduce to two after a time-out period.

Last edited by j080808; 01-13-2020 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 01:20 PM   #55
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j080808 View Post
As others' have pointed out and I can attest to, using an enet obd cord and adapter for your mobile device is 1000% faster that using a wifi or bluetooth dongle. They both do the same, but hardwired is much faster.

I just purchased these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1 and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

For the G01/F97 series, the VGATE wifi doesnt support all the coding option, so you need a newer item like the OBDLINK MX+ bluetooth, which Im listing (both actually) for sale in the classifieds.

A nice new feature in bimmercode is the ability to keep the heated/cooled seats at your set indefinitely, whereas before, the cooled (at least) would start on high and reduce to two after a time-out period,
Yes correct I just ordered the same hard wires. The blue tooth is turtle speed. There are so many nice features to play around with. I just wish there was loads and loads of features and options readily available or at least a decent expert mode manual guide.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 02:22 PM   #56
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
Thanks for that. I'm going to tweak the lighting and see how I get on. I'd like a noise when I pick the car too. Looks like a few options having had a look around the Bimmercode app.
Yeah, I tweaked my lock/unlock sound. Higher pitch, lower volume. Very discreet. I like it.
Hi mr Italy

Question if I may. Assume the acoustic lock is simply

Acoustical lock/unlock confirmation with sound volume low? How about frequency and checkbox settings in bimmercode?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 04:20 PM   #57
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone know how to BimmerCode expert rear DRL's permanently on?

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 05:05 PM   #58
SM2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S6 | 2017 BMW M2 | 2

Interior lighting colors, only can be changed for the bronze preset. ENet cable is soo much faster with bimmercode.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Turbo1204348.50
      02-28-2020, 04:07 PM   #59
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Hi mr Italy

Question if I may. Assume the acoustic lock is simply

Acoustical lock/unlock confirmation with sound volume low? How about frequency and checkbox settings in bimmercode?

Thank you!
I've coded for acoustic sound but nothing happens when I lock. Odd
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 12:33 AM   #60
sd306
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

I'm using the Obd Enet to ethernet/lightning. It's pretty fast, but sadly the color change of cyan and red isn't working for me. I was able to code other things easily. going to reach out to bimmercode support.

**UPDATE**

I read deeper :P

How-to:
1. Set interior lighting to anything but "Bronze" in iDrive.
2. Code "Ambient lighting color contour to "Red", Code Ambient lighting color to "Cyan-blue"
3. Set interior lighting to Bronze - then it will actually be the "M" colors and NOT Bronze.

Last edited by sd306; 05-11-2020 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2022, 01:10 PM   #61
rntatz66
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X4 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo2404 View Post
So got my unicarscan from the UK today. I was able to get some codes done via BimmerCode. I removed seat bell chime. Turned off that pesky horn when I leave the car on in a cold winter day and lock the doors. No limit the rear or side or top cameras in motion. Best of all I got the M ambient color combo on as a selection instead of bronze. Basically the top light is red and the bottom is called cyan. It's the M blue and not the dark blue that comes standard in our ambient options. You can only code the bronze color option. I put up a photo. It is absolutely stunning and so much more at home driving at night in this M car. The entire dash and even the hot n cold buttons all match this combo. It just all works great together. This should really be a standard M ambient option. Anyway enjoy the pic. More coding to come.
Realize this is an old video, but was hoping I could find out how the dash lights were able to match the ambient color combo?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 01:11 PM   #62
enyap
England
Rep
Drives: X3M (F97)

Definitely can’t fault the M colour - Red over Cyan 👌🏻
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 02:04 AM   #63
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Turbo1204 This is awesome man & sorry to just now respond to this semi older thread. Looks like you've maybe moved onto a G80 now. Someday I'll have to maybe do this cool mod. For now I still find the simple blue to be very calming & relaxing to look at during the nigh time.

2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 08:53 PM   #64
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Turbo1204 This is awesome man & sorry to just now respond to this semi older thread. Looks like you've maybe moved onto a G80 now. Someday I'll have to maybe do this cool mod. For now I still find the simple blue to be very calming & relaxing to look at during the nigh time.

Oh hey. You are correct. Currently driving a g80 and actually have the same color combo on here too lol. Best of luck bud
Appreciate 1