BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-27-2019, 09:43 PM   #67
yocubed
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G83 M4

Garage List
2022 G83 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Here are the Ordering Guide and Pricing Guide for the 2020 X3M and X4M, including Competition models!

2020 X3M (F97) X4M (F98) Ordering Guide
2020 X3M (F97) X4M (F98) Pricing Guide
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but can we not get the black/Midrand beige two tone interior on the X3M Competition like Canada can, or is this the first option in the list (code HDJA)? Might have to rethink my choices. [IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-27-2019, 09:59 PM   #68
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Yessssss!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 10:03 PM   #69
SNAGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAGuy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Quote:
who makes stealth hitch and how much?
https://stealthhitches.com/products/...5-2018-present
Hopefully this works on the M.
yeah, hopefully it'll work on the X3M otherwise i may not get it
It might take a little time but I'm sure they will make a custom one that will fit perfectly.

It's been done for the X5M and other models and I'm sure it will be done for the X3M and X4M too.
that's what I'm hoping as I won't be getting the X3M until December
With my X5M I had to wait a few months, but it was worth it.

When you don't have the receiver portion attached one would never know you can tow something.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #70
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

So the X4M is really only $2300 more than X3M because it has standard moonroof so exec package is only $2700
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 10:14 PM   #71
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbDubbs View Post
May be a typo on the ordering and pricing guides.. but I noticed the tire sizes for the 20" wheel option would not pair well with the xDrive system.
Listed are: F 245/45R20 R 265/45R20

Anyone know if the AWD system in the new X3M/X4M accommodates tire sizes that are not within that 1% difference? (Have not read this if it has been discussed before)
The same it works for the X5M, X6M, X5 50is and 4.0s of the past. BMW's systems are designed to take the staggered tires/heights into account.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 10:17 PM   #72
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Great news that there will be a no moon roof option.

1 weight reduction

2 many people never use a moonroof - AC for hot days and on nice days windows down is better without sunroof because hot sun on ur face is for the pool or beach

3 savings = $1200 cheaper

4 long term moonroof is liability to break, leak or rust

5 Win/Win - Moonroof available for those who use it, like it

that's a ridiculous list.

I have owned the following cars and never had a moonroof leak

1993 Honda Accord EX - sold in 2012 with 225,000 miles.
1991 BMW M3 pujrchased 1993 - sold in 2006 with 147K
2005 Subaru Legacy - purchased new - sold in 2012 with 89,000 miles
2013 X1 M sport- purchased 2015 currently 70K miles

That's approximately 40 years of age on sunroof vehicles. I haven't spent a dollar on any of them with regards to roof related issues. I had ONE issue in all those years on my E30 M3... the cables got off track. I actually took it to be diagnosed.. it was going to be 1K to fix.. I declined. A few months later I tried it again and it fixed itself.. and I never had an issue again.

regarding your list.

1- no argument here
2- personal choice
3- no argument there - see #2 and decide if one will use it.
4- your absolute weakest argument of the list
5- makes sense.

you could have simply stated " Great news that there will be a no moon roof option. " and left the list out.

My X1 is outside my office RIGHT NOW with sunroof tilted up to keep cooler while sitting in the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
If you don't want it that's fine - I use mine all the time, to each their own. But plenty of people are on the "lightweight bro" diet.
+1
Not a moon-roof fan so I typed a long book.

My friends think I'm a retard not to want them on my cars so get in line.

Agree with you that rust and leaks are very rare these days on newer cars. However note that you live in Dallas with mild weather and less dirty tall trees. You probably garage ur car. If you lived in New York, Boston or others areas where weather and tree debris assault your car roof daily it could/ might rust and leak over time or your headliner could sag. Not an issue if you trade in for new every few years but for a long term keeper it's a liability.

My 2001 4Runner - slicktop - still own it, clean solid steel roof and original headliner.

My 2004 4Runner - sunroof - barely used it. It jammed once when only 3 years old - had to have dealer unjam, align and grease the tracks. Sold that car, should have kept it even with the sunroof because V8

Not to throw gas on the fire but a few more minor (I said minor) considerations for those maybe undecided as to which to choose:

6 - IMO the full steel roof looks cleaner all one color with no big black glass rectangle

7 - if u decide to track your SUV the slicktop has more headroom for your helmet - we can all hear it already - well you know the x3M is faster than the F80M around the green hell.....

8 - should the x3M SUV become a "hit" and be very desirable and sought after on the aftermarket 15 to 20 years from now, hey u never know, then no moon roof X3Ms will be more rare and worth more money just as with E46M slicktops and E90M slicktops.

Another 15 minutes of my life wasted and claimed by Bimmerpost
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2019, 10:37 PM   #73
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
who makes stealth hitch and how much?
https://stealthhitches.com/products/...5-2018-present
Hopefully this works on the M.
yeah, hopefully it'll work on the X3M otherwise i may not get it
It might take a little time but I'm sure they will make a custom one that will fit perfectly.

It's been done for the X5M and other models and I'm sure it will be done for the X3M and X4M too.
that's what I'm hoping as I won't be getting the X3M until December
With my X5M I had to wait a few months, but it was worth it.

When you don't have the receiver portion attached one would never know you can tow something.
that may work in my case since I won't take delivery until December
      03-27-2019, 10:40 PM   #74
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:

Not a moon-roof fan so I typed a long book.

My friends think I'm a retard not to want them on my cars so get in line.

Agree with you that rust and leaks are very rare these days on newer cars. However note that you live in Dallas with mild weather and less dirty tall trees. You probably garage ur car. If you lived in New York, Boston or others areas where weather and tree debris assault your car roof daily it could/ might rust and leak over time or your headliner could sag. Not an issue if you trade in for new every few years but for a long term keeper it's a liability.

My 2001 4Runner - slicktop - still own it, clean solid steel roof and original headliner.

My 2004 4Runner - sunroof - barely used it. It jammed once when only 3 years old - had to have dealer unjam, align and grease the tracks. Sold that car, should have kept it even with the sunroof because V8

Not to throw gas on the fire but a few more minor (I said minor) considerations for those maybe undecided as to which to choose:

6 - IMO the full steel roof looks cleaner all one color with no big black glass rectangle

7 - if u decide to track your SUV the slicktop has more headroom for your helmet - we can all hear it already - well you know the x3M is faster than the F80M around the green hell.....

8 - should the x3M SUV become a "hit" and be very desirable and sought after on the aftermarket 15 to 20 years from now, hey u never know, then no moon roof X3Ms will be more rare and worth more money just as with E46M slicktops and E90M slicktops.

Another 15 minutes of my life wasted and claimed by Bimmerpost

: At 7 and 8 .. priceless.

Don't forget

9- lower center of gravity, less mass high above the ground ..

The e30 M3 and the Honda above were Midwest vehicles although garaged. Man that Honda ran through mufflers ... but the heat and temps and sun in Texas , while not Phoenix bad, is at least equally good at destroying rubber windshield and sunroof seals as rust and debris in the Midwest.

Both areas can have trees that leave sap/pollen/debris.

To add more useless data - I also have owned three BMW e46 convertibles and each of those have been originally well cared for but out in the elements from 85k to 160k and no leaks and they still work perfectly. My Ex wife's car spent a lot of time top down time in the sun and the leather seats became trashed however.

I take the 2004 E46 through the car wash whenever I can get the keys from my kid and it's perfectly dry inside. I can't tell you how impressed I am with older BMW convertible soft tops. They really are superb.

Back to moon roofs,

At the very least , should these 9 "dislikes " not deter X3/X4M buyers from getting the moonroof , in my estimation, if it's reasonably well cared for , owners can expect the interior to stay dry for certainly the length of time of their lease plus probably about 15 years.
Appreciate 1
IB M2765.50
      03-27-2019, 11:23 PM   #75
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80_M View Post
Wow was honestly expecting pricing to be a bit higher than this
Yeah me too. A nearly maxed out X4M comp about $85k , converting from Canadian dollars,is sounding good vs a M5 or M5C
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 11:30 PM   #76
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Quote:
Yeah me too. A nearly maxed out X4M comp about $85k , converting from Canadian dollars,is sounding good vs a M5 or M5C
Yes but one shouldn't compare 3/4ers and 5ers ( apples and oranges )

The X5M and X5Mc are coming, and gonna be right up there near the M5 and M5c .
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 11:38 PM   #77
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
So fully loaded this is about $4k-$5k cheaper than f pace SVR. Expect some deep discounts on Jaguar lots.
I had an F pace rental. 2019. Most horrible interface I have ever used. I would not own one for that reason alone. Even on the RR and Jaguar forums they complain about how horribly designed it is.

Idrive is light years ahead.
      03-28-2019, 05:07 AM   #78
ShawnPaul
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

I still take issue with a 6 foot tall, 4000lbs "Motorsport" vehicle. All the SUVs should have kept the IS tag like the x5 4.8IS back in the day. I can't get by the branding; it leans towards accountants trying to cash in the credit from previous management and engineers that made something special. They may well be good vehicles, but the drive to put as many m badges on anything as possible is killing me and hint towards no real value anymore. Bmw is even going to start making vehicles with Benz too... all is lost.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 05:18 AM   #79
Booster
Pave The Rainforest
Rep
Drives: Wagon

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
I predict Sunstone metallic (aka beige metallic) will have a take rate of 0. $2000 for boring ugly paint on an M car. smh why couldn't they offer a good individual paint option?
Quote:
Some dealers will order for inventory so they will be out there, maybe the over 60 crowd in FL.
I would order this color most likely... I love shades of brown for my cars... Owned 1 of the 3 Pyrite F80's made in the U.S. and I used to have a Sparkling Brown E84 X1.... (and I am under 40 lol)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 06:23 AM   #80
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

No M Drivers Package on X4M Competition??
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 06:55 AM   #81
SSR941
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alpine White F80 ZCP

Remote Start?

I don't see remote start as an option?...
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2019, 07:02 AM   #82
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
You know, they just did a test on the grand tour, with the Aston, Bentley and M850, against some ancient Renault that barely ran. The concept was simple - in real world conditions, those amazing cars were no faster that the old Renault because of traffic and pedestrians and lights, etc.

I mention that because no one ever NEEDS the speed. We want the speed. But how much speed do we need?

On a track, if you're a good driver, you may notice the weight difference slightly, and it MIGHT gain you a tenth of a second. But then, why buy a car that's so high off the ground, with so much space and a hatch. It seems silly to embrace the practicality of the car, then shun a feature based on weight reduction.

All your fancy calculations mean nothing to me because you're talking about how a car feels at the limit - which is very high in both my M3 and an X3M - and not how a car feels on a road, where these will live 99% of the time. And since a good driver in an X3 can beat a bad driver in an M3, that 50 pound difference just seems even more trivial.

And lastly, if you've driven An X5M on the track (I have at the performance center) you'd know they are absolutely amazing cars. But all the fancy electronics and wide tires cannot hide the fact that you are asking over 2 tones of metal to move around a track. Stepping firmly on the gas causes the nose to point to the sky.

Least you think I limit this criticism to X guys - I make fun of M3 guys too, when they say the car handles "so much better"
Using The Grand Tour is a pretty horrible example IMHO. I would hardly call racing through a small town with cobblestones in Azerbaijan a real world example

Quote:

Don't forget

The e30 M3 and the Honda above were Midwest vehicles although garaged. Man that Honda ran through mufflers ... but the heat and temps and sun in Texas , while not Phoenix bad, is at least equally good at destroying rubber windshield and sunroof seals as rust and debris in the Midwest.

To add more useless data - I also have owned three BMW e46 convertibles and each of those have been originally well cared for but out in the elements from 85k to 160k and no leaks and they still work perfectly. My Ex wife's car spent a lot of time top down time in the sun and the leather seats became trashed however.

I take the 2004 E46 through the car wash whenever I can get the keys from my kid and it's perfectly dry inside. I can't tell you how impressed I am with older BMW convertible soft tops. They really are superb.

Back to moon roofs,

At the very least , should these 9 "dislikes " not deter X3/X4M buyers from getting the moonroof , in my estimation, if it's reasonably well cared for , owners can expect the interior to stay dry for certainly the length of time of their lease plus probably about 15 years.
If I had a choice, I'd also have no sunroofs on any of my cars. As some people said, it's not just for performance, because I certainly wouldn't be able to tell, but for long term maintenance and comfort.

I'm not quite as worried about leaks, but I do not want more complexity on any of my cars, especially on something I never use. I was actually just reading a thread on M5board about guys having to replace the entire cassette just because one little tab broke. No thanks.

There's no denying that cars with sunroofs are louder too, not to mention potentially more squeaks and rattles. I ruled out many E92 M3's because they had sunroofs. Having said that, I also picked a Z4M Roadster over a Coupe because when I want wind in my hair, I want it to be more than just a square opening.

I guess I completely contradicted everything I just said huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnPaul View Post
I still take issue with a 6 foot tall, 4000lbs "Motorsport" vehicle. All the SUVs should have kept the IS tag like the x5 4.8IS back in the day. I can't get by the branding; it leans towards accountants trying to cash in the credit from previous management and engineers that made something special. They may well be good vehicles, but the drive to put as many m badges on anything as possible is killing me and hint towards no real value anymore. Bmw is even going to start making vehicles with Benz too... all is lost.
Well considering Porsche just added yet another SUV to their portfolio, so I don't see how the world is ending? Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Aston Martin.... they all have SUV's already launched or in the pipeline, so this is hardly a BMW only phenomenon.

Whether you like it or not, this is what sells. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the small M's myself, I have 3 at the moment. But if I could only own one car (not the cause) because I have a small family (also not the case), the X3M would be right there on top of the list.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
kozzi927.00
      03-28-2019, 07:14 AM   #83
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAU GRAU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantm3 View Post
How will this compare to new G80/82 m3 pricing? I take it the suv would be slightly more expensive? I am just trying to calculate how next m3 will be priced... still like x vehicles but not an suv guy
Load up an F80 M3 comp right now and see where you come out...low 80s...do you expect them to drop the price for the G80?
IMO, there is no doubt the new M3 will cost more than the X3M.

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 2
Transfer5242.50
      03-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #84
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
I love how people refer to a "real M" or "Motorsport" (the company name/trademark) like it's some ephemeral thing that has to meet some objective standard. It's not and it doesn't. No M no matter what model has had much in common with the previous generation of it other than the name. But more importantly, an M is a car made by a company that's a sub of BMW. So if it's made, designed, and fully engineered by M (which would exclude M Performance models which I agree are cashing in on marketing) it's by definition an M. Full stop.

We can disagree whether you feel it's a "real M" or not whatever the hell that subjective statement means. But objectively it's an M, and there is nothing wrong with a company (M) who is the sub of a larger company, making the fastest and most performance oriented version of that model. Kind of like how BMW has done for every staple model (except the 7/8, X1/2 series) since the 80s.

Now if BMW does some shit that's the equivalent of naming an SUV or a truck a 911 or a Camaro or a Mustang, then I'm 100% with you. Don't call and X3M an M3. But I don't see how a world that has an M3 AND an X3M is a bad thing.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 5
      03-28-2019, 07:59 AM   #85
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR941 View Post
I don't see remote start as an option?...
Can't get that until the live cockpit is added, which rumors say is August production.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 08:02 AM   #86
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Quote:
Yes but one shouldn't compare 3/4ers and 5ers ( apples and oranges )

The X5M and X5Mc are coming, and gonna be right up there near the M5 and M5c .
I would guess that the X5M and MC will be about 10% more than the M5 ers
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #87
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Quote:
You know, they just did a test on the grand tour, with the Aston, Bentley and M850, against some ancient Renault that barely ran. The concept was simple - in real world conditions, those amazing cars were no faster that the old Renault because of traffic and pedestrians and lights, etc.

I mention that because no one ever NEEDS the speed. We want the speed. But how much speed do we need?

On a track, if you're a good driver, you may notice the weight difference slightly, and it MIGHT gain you a tenth of a second. But then, why buy a car that's so high off the ground, with so much space and a hatch. It seems silly to embrace the practicality of the car, then shun a feature based on weight reduction.

All your fancy calculations mean nothing to me because you're talking about how a car feels at the limit - which is very high in both my M3 and an X3M - and not how a car feels on a road, where these will live 99% of the time. And since a good driver in an X3 can beat a bad driver in an M3, that 50 pound difference just seems even more trivial.

And lastly, if you've driven An X5M on the track (I have at the performance center) you'd know they are absolutely amazing cars. But all the fancy electronics and wide tires cannot hide the fact that you are asking over 2 tones of metal to move around a track. Stepping firmly on the gas causes the nose to point to the sky.

Least you think I limit this criticism to X guys - I make fun of M3 guys too, when they say the car handles "so much better"
Using The Grand Tour is a pretty horrible example IMHO. I would hardly call racing through a small town with cobblestones in Azerbaijan a real world example

Quote:

Don't forget

Back to moon roofs,

If I had a choice, I'd also have no sunroofs on any of my cars. As some people said, it's not just for performance, because I certainly wouldn't be able to tell, but for long term maintenance and comfort.

I'm not quite as worried about leaks, but I do not want more complexity on any of my cars, especially on something I never use. I was actually just reading a thread on M5board about guys having to replace the entire cassette just because one little tab broke. No thanks.

There's no denying that cars with sunroofs are louder too, not to mention potentially more squeaks and rattles. I ruled out many E92 M3's because they had sunroofs. Having said that, I also picked a Z4M Roadster over a Coupe because when I want wind in my hair, I want it to be more than just a square opening.

I guess I completely contradicted everything I just said huh?

Quote:
Well considering Porsche just added yet another SUV to their portfolio, so I don't see how the world is ending? Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Aston Martin.... they all have SUV's already launched or in the pipeline, so this is hardly a BMW only phenomenon.

Whether you like it or not, this is what sells. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the small M's myself, I have 3 at the moment. But if I could only own one car (not the cause) because I have a small family (also not the case), the X3M would be right there on top of the list.
You're welcome to come to New Jersey, where that GT example holds up quite well.
      03-28-2019, 08:16 AM   #88
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
You're welcome to come to New Jersey, where that GT example holds up quite well.
Sure, in regular traffic, I agree. I just think that you're not going to be slowed down by cobblestone in cars that don't even clear the pot holes.

You really think that on an more open (normal) road condition, you couldn't make up 2 minutes?

Like I said, I don't disagree with you when you're stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. But TGT is just fluff/entertainment.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0