BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-28-2022, 02:21 PM   #353
EVFan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 MS Pro 2022

There are obviously a few getting through now, I saw 2 iX3's in and around Milton Keynes tonight on my way home. All, including mine, were Carbon Black.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 02:48 PM   #354
kebl2555
Private
Rep
Drives: X1, iX3 M-Sport Pro on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanwan View Post
My dealer has confirmed that it has cleared customs and they are calling it to site - awaiting confirmation of ETA. My dealer is close to southampton (as am I) so hopefully it'll be quite quick.

They've mentioned it is on a 'Campaign Hold' though. When I pushed on the detail he wasn't clear on it but from what I am gleaning it is just the software update and stuff the dealer can sort out.
Mine must be similar as it has been described as a delivery stop relating to the program unit controls which are apparently a hardware rather than software update. I wonder if they are sorting out the idrive controller dial touch function which at least for me was deleted.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 04:21 AM   #355
KDT123
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

Latest update this morning:

The current status for your beautiful BMW iX3 is exit from port, status code195 which was updated yesterday.

This is estimated to be delivered on week 32 which commences on 8th August. This may be subject to change.

Not sure what is left to do at this point
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 04:25 AM   #356
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
I think everything goes through Thorne where they check for and repair any damage in transit, update the computers and carry out the campaign updates, then it gets transported to the dealer.

I guess exactly how long is just your luck where your car is in the queue for that process
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 08:02 AM   #357
KDT123
Rep

Dealer has given me the reg of the car, so assuming this means its got through customs. Its with BMW getting some programming done before releasing to the dealer in North London, hopefully this can be done by early next week
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 11:58 AM   #358
kebl2555
Private
Rep

Does anyone from the Phoenix Leader cohort have any updates?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 04:39 PM   #359
wanwan
Rep
Drives: IX3 MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebl2555 View Post
My dealer have requested delivery to them from port and have been told that it will be at the dealer on or before August 15th. The reason for the delay being the campaign hold work will happen at the port before they deliver it. They are pushing for a faster turnaround but the likelihood is that everyone else is too.

So I suppose it's luck of the draw in terms of where in the queue it lands…
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 12:45 AM   #360
brad2809
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sprot Pro ix3

Quote:
My Dealer updated yesterday saying the car will be be with them next week and they will ring once arrived to arrange a suitable delivery date.

Genius are also now stating delivery to dealer week commencing 1st Aug so hopefully this is the case.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 05:23 AM   #361
MM087
Rep
Drives: Land Rover Discovery

Update today "The current order status is 193 - arrival at port or compound. This was updated on the 28th of July. Your car is estimated to be delivered on the week starting on the 1st of August. This may be subject to change. "
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 05:39 AM   #362
juzza1234
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX3

I also have a car on Pheonix Leader, but will be going on holiday on 11th August, so I'm not actively pushing for a car that I'll be paying to stand on the driveway for a couple of weeks...

I suspect the Genius delivery date in the week beginning of 1st August is a generic date in the system. The dealer advised dates reflect reality and will factor in the updated logistics of getting it to the dealer, plus the work to address any manufacturing chip issues etc.

Car is via a lease company, but the dealership that they've ordered through were not exactly pro-active or communicative during the early days (I've not heard from either of them since May, when I pointed out delivery in mid May (the original eta) was unlikely to happen) of the ordering process, so its nice to have a bit more control knowing where the car is in the delivery process...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 10:06 AM   #363
MM087
Rep
Drives: Land Rover Discovery

Same Im in no rush for the car will be waiting until September for a 72 Plate. Charger is due to be installed end of August.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 11:22 AM   #364
kebl2555
Private
Rep

I’ll be on a company car lease with option to buy at a market rate at the end of three years. Presumably I’m best to push for 22 rather than 72 reg in case that could help push the value down slightly?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 05:02 AM   #365
KDT123
Rep

My genius update as of now (1st August 11am) is 9th August to my dealership, currently in workshop
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 06:16 AM   #366
juzza1234
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDT123 View Post
My genius update as of now (1st August 11am) is 9th August to my dealership, currently in workshop
Yep, same here.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 08:29 AM   #367
Raptor0710
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT

Just checked in with BMW Genius and it appears my status code is still 165 (has been for a few weeks now). I was hoping it had made it onto a ship by now.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 09:21 AM   #368
Adeefc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 318i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0710 View Post
Just checked in with BMW Genius and it appears my status code is still 165 (has been for a few weeks now). I was hoping it had made it onto a ship by now.
Sounds like it may have "missed the boat" like mine did makes the wait about 2 weeks longer than some, (although should be another ship arriving to dalian next day or two)

My time line it it helps.

Build date 30th May - stayed 155 for ages

Status 165 3rd July ( just missed the grand Orion departure early July)

Status 195 22nd July left on the dorado leader
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2022, 09:51 AM   #369
KDT123
Rep

Has anyone who's car landed 10th July been able to collect their car? how long between landing and collection? any software issues to note so far?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 01:17 PM   #370
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Hello,

I'm in a similar position to others here now, just missing the boat so to speak.

My order was updated to 160 about a week before the Dorado Leader departed Dalian, but with an estimated delivery to customer described as early October (subject to change).

So, with shipping between Dalian and Southampton taking at best four weeks port to port, my order would have to sail on the next departure in order to get to Southampton for mid to late September, then to get from Southampton to Thorne for UK distribution taking another fortnight that adds up just about right.

Let's see if the NYK schedules for week 31 when they get published this week, give us a hint of the next boat name and timescales.

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 02:14 PM   #371
SneakySimon13
Rep
Drives: IX3 Pro

My new delivery date is end of September (moved from 12th September due to shipping issues) so I think mine is hopefully on the next ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeXi View Post
Hello,

I'm in a similar position to others here now, just missing the boat so to speak.

My order was updated to 160 about a week before the Dorado Leader departed Dalian, but with an estimated delivery to customer described as early October (subject to change).

So, with shipping between Dalian and Southampton taking at best four weeks port to port, my order would have to sail on the next departure in order to get to Southampton for mid to late September, then to get from Southampton to Thorne for UK distribution taking another fortnight that adds up just about right.

Let's see if the NYK schedules for week 31 when they get published this week, give us a hint of the next boat name and timescales.

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 04:00 AM   #372
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDT123 View Post
Has anyone who's car landed 10th July been able to collect their car? how long between landing and collection? any software issues to note so far?
Yep, mine was on the Capricornus Leader which arrived into Southampton on 10th July and I collected my car on 29th July.

All the software was updated prior to me collecting it. There's a hold put on all the cars that arrive, the dealer then updates the software which resolves an issue with some of the infotainment (Apple CarPlay?) which occurs due to a different chip being used rather than the original one during manufacture. A few days in and no issues at all.

I've shared my initial thoughts on the car in another thread.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1943135
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 06:02 AM   #373
KDT123
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs139 View Post
Yep, mine was on the Capricornus Leader which arrived into Southampton on 10th July and I collected my car on 29th July.

All the software was updated prior to me collecting it. There's a hold put on all the cars that arrive, the dealer then updates the software which resolves an issue with some of the infotainment (Apple CarPlay?) which occurs due to a different chip being used rather than the original one during manufacture. A few days in and no issues at all.

I've shared my initial thoughts on the car in another thread.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1943135
Great thread! shame about the collection and it not being pristine.. but it has got me excited to get into the car finally! I have been told by my company car lease company it will be with them next Wednesday! So about 2 weeks since landing at port all in all which sounds similar to your situation
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 07:37 AM   #374
Imspartacus123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 MSport Pro

Quote:
I’ll be on a company car lease with option to buy at a market rate at the end of three years. Presumably I’m best to push for 22 rather than 72 reg in case that could help push the value down slightly?
I'm probably in the same situation as you, I know very early days bt have you thought about what that purchase value may be? I guess a lot depends on demand for them in 3 years, especially as the market may have lots of SUV size EV's by then, but I reckon must be around the 50% of current price so around 33k, based on 30,000 over those 3 years (10,000 per year).