BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-03-2019, 09:40 AM   #199
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

woohoo

for some reason, I can't post my screenshot of my tracking status ... anyways, it's been assigned a carrier
r33_RGSport12906.00
      10-04-2019, 03:53 PM   #200
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
And finally.....on the enclosed carrier on its way! Sheesh!!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      10-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #201
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
congrats! mine just arrived at the dealership
      10-04-2019, 05:01 PM   #202
spasticthinker
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 335i Blk/Blk

Quote:
Hell yeah it's about time!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 06:49 PM   #203
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spasticthinker View Post
Quote:
Hell yeah it's about time!
Exactly!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 07:30 PM   #204
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Exactly!
Congrats!!!

How long does it take from "At The Port" status to be delivered at your dealership?
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 11:20 PM   #205
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:
Exactly!
Congrats!!!

How long does it take from "At The Port" status to be delivered at your dealership?
"At the port" can mean at the VPC in SC or your local VPC apparently (@ least in my experience); mine said at the port for at least 2 weeks and it was already on the train to the west coast...so the tracking system is not accurate...to the west coast it takes about 15 days...East coast a few days....all depends on your location and if the vehicle escaped the production/transport process without damage on final inspection...the final VPC will repair any damage before delivering to your sales center. They must report that to you; it'll be in the VPC report. Your sales center has a copy so request that BEFORE taking final delivery as it may affect your decision. Minor damage is ok by me but something major like a whole side being painted or something is a problem...I found out a lot through this process....I still ended up letting the one that took forever go and simply got another exact build from another sales center (for a way better price) that was taking delivery from the SC VPC the day after I made my deal and it's taken 7 days from east coast to west coast on an enclosed carrier rather than the pony express rail system! I should take delivery day after tomorrow
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12906.00
      10-09-2019, 12:14 AM   #206
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly!
Congrats!!!

"At the port" can mean at the VPC in SC or your local VPC apparently (@ least in my experience); mine said at the port for at least 2 weeks and it was already on the train to the west coast...so the tracking system is not accurate...to the west coast it takes about 15 days...East coast a few days....all depends on your location and if the vehicle escaped the production/transport process without damage on final inspection...the final VPC will repair any damage before delivering to your sales center. They must report that to you; it'll be in the VPC report. Your sales center has a copy so request that BEFORE taking final delivery as it may affect your decision. Minor damage is ok by me but something major like a whole side being painted or something is a problem...I found out a lot through this process....I still ended up letting the one that took forever go and simply got another exact build from another sales center (for a way better price) that was taking delivery from the SC VPC the day after I made my deal and it's taken 7 days from east coast to west coast on an enclosed carrier rather than the pony express rail system! I should take delivery day after tomorrow
Hmm, good to know.

Yea, mine entered "at the port" status over the weekend.

I wish I can find some dealer that have the same build as mine.
So far I can't seem to find one with no spares.
All built with spare tires.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
onfireX53617.50
      10-09-2019, 01:00 AM   #207
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly!
Congrats!!!

Hmm, good to know.

Yea, mine entered "at the port" status over the weekend.

I wish I can find some dealer that have the same build as mine.
So far I can't seem to find one with no spares.
All built with spare tires.
The spare isn't the end of the world; it wasn't bad with the bump in the rear hatch imo. I noticed it in the HEA vehicle I tested. Some people were complaining about it; I just didn'mind it at all.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12906.00
      10-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #208
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

I had an M40i without it and would have been highly dissapointed to discover it on my factory ordered vehicle. Luckily, this forum alerted me to this default change and allowed me to modify my order just in time before it went into production. The ability to load an suv (a higher vehicle) from the lowest point possible was important to me. I ride with an air compressor, Jack, and plug kit in that nifty storage compartment underneath!
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12906.00
      10-20-2019, 08:58 AM   #209
TheRealMC
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW - x3 M40i

Just placed X3M (non C) order!

Hi everyone,

Put my order in for a X3M (non C) over the weekend and was wondering on average does it take, approx. 2 months? I ordered a fairly base vehicle with only M sport exhaust so I was wondering if since this is a more basic vehicle it could move quicker through production? I am in Canada (GTA) so hoping it comes before the scheduled date of December 15th!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #210
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Mine went into production end of last week. Luckily I'm on the east coast, so I'd guess I'll have the car within a few weeks.
      10-20-2019, 06:15 PM   #211
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMC View Post
Hi everyone,

Put my order in for a X3M (non C) over the weekend and was wondering on average does it take, approx. 2 months? I ordered a fairly base vehicle with only M sport exhaust so I was wondering if since this is a more basic vehicle it could move quicker through production? I am in Canada (GTA) so hoping it comes before the scheduled date of December 15th!
How basic it is (or isn't) won't effect production time.
      10-20-2019, 06:19 PM   #212
TheRealMC
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW - x3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf80 View Post
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf80 View Post
Quote:
Hi everyone,

That's good to know. I remember when I ordered my X5 40i and if the third row option was chosen, there was a specific delay on vehicles with that option so I was unsure if there would be similar delays with certain options ordered.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #213
E55AMG
Rep
Drives: E55 AMG

Mine is currently in the “Production Begins” stage. How do I go about modifying my build so that there is no spare? What is the issue with the spare - does it actually take up more space or is it just that some would rather have that well under the floor mat for extra storage rather than a tire?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 01:06 PM   #214
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55AMG View Post
Mine is currently in the “Production Begins” stage. How do I go about modifying my build so that there is no spare? What is the issue with the spare - does it actually take up more space or is it just that some would rather have that well under the floor mat for extra storage rather than a tire?
Leaving the default spare will result in a 2 inch stair step in your trunk above the metal load plate at trunk level. You need to contact your sales rep immediately and request the mobility package at no additional charge
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #215
E55AMG
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
Leaving the default spare will result in a 2 inch stair step in your trunk above the metal load plate at trunk level. You need to contact your sales rep immediately and request the mobility package at no additional charge
I just did, and he said that because the car has entered 150 status, that’s no longer possible. Do you mean to say the entire trunk is on a downward slope? Or is there just one section that is slightly more elevated with a vertical 90° step down? Is there a photo of this?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 12:47 AM   #216
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
I just did, and he said that because the car has entered 150 status, that’s no longer possible. Do you mean to say the entire trunk is on a downward slope? Or is there just one section that is slightly more elevated with a vertical 90° step down? Is there a photo of this?
There's no slope. The cargo area is still flat, but that whole area is elevated 2 inches to accommodate the spare tire underneath it. That eats into your cargo space (granted, not much, but I like max room) . For me, I just didn't want that lip after the load plate. Kinda defeats the purpose of having it if you'll never rest a heavy box on it then slide it in. You should search out some photos on the internet of the elevated cargo area. All the HEA cars delivered to the dealers had it.

I made the same mistake when I ordered mine but luckily learned about the lip here in the forums early enough to modify my order. How's your rapport with the dealer? Can you refuse that car and order another?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 11:24 AM   #217
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
My car made it to the dealer yesterday, super quick, once production started, it was delivered to my dealer in NY by the end of the week.
      11-05-2019, 10:55 PM   #218
E55AMG
Rep

Quote:

Sorry Scottie, just saw your PM. Your box is full, will respond if you’re able to clear it.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:27 AM   #219
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry Scottie, just saw your PM. Your box is full, will respond if you’re able to clear it.
Cleared some messages.
Appreciate 0