BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-19-2021, 07:08 AM   #1
hajar
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

Cannot activate simultaneous CarPlay and iDrive Phone connection

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi guys,

May be anyone could help with this. See the attached picture:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rorhrqwgdh...l1600.jpg?dl=0

As you can see on the left bottom corner CarPlay connection is on and inside the communication tile you can see phone charge level and in the top right corner phone mobile link strength.

In my case, as soon as I connect CarPlay, phone connection disappears, I no longer see its charge level inside the Communication tile and nor the strengths of the mobile link.

CarPlay was coded using Feature Installer, so supposedly a default coding where everything should work out of the box. But somehow this feature is not active for me, unlike for my friend.

Any idea which coding params are responsible for it? Would hugely appreciate your guidance on this. I suspect it should be something along the line of settings that say to continue maintaining iDrive phone connection while CarPlay is activated.

Thank you

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 01:55 PM   #2
hajar
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

Turned out the issue was caused by the fact that my iphone had 2 sim connections. And when you have a phone like that iDrive is not sure how to handle it and rather than showing two mobile connection links it doesn't show any. More on this here:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1785634
Appreciate 0