BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-06-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
cozydozy
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

Scuff removal and dash cam recommendation?

Hi, new bimmer owner here--I have been driving it for around three weeks before the first scratch happened! It was parked on a commercial street and when I got back from lunch, its mirror on the street side was scratched by some nasty driver who did not bother to leave a name/number

I have looked on Youtube and found this video to be helpful:

Would this also work on a bimmer?

More importantly, I feel that I should probably get a dashcam with some parking option so that it would turn itself on when the car senses some change in motion/contact when parked.

I also would like to have it fit in the car in a non-conspicuous matter. Since I live in a city, where many things happen, I would hate to see some break-ins because of the dash cam inside.

Any insight is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #2
Commerce
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

The video you posted is to remove paint transfer - paint that has rubbed off an object and is sitting on top of the paint of your car. If you have a scratch (ie paint is missing from your car) then this method will not work.

I have a Blackvue 650S and I've been super happy with it. I have it hard wired to allow parking mode to function which records when there is movement/impact. I believe the latest model right now is the 750S and 900S.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

I'm using Thinkware F750 and F800 2channels on my two cars. Using a separate battery pack instead of hardwiring.
Appreciate 0