BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #1
madrak73
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 F25  [0.00]
Motor yellow light: error P0101 24CE00

about a year that this error occasionally appears on my X3 F25 2.0d xdrive N47D
P0101 diagnosis: 24CE00 Air mass meter: calculated ratio too large compared to the measured air mass ...
It all started just a year ago, July 2018, on a Saturday morning before leaving for the holidays.
Error "motor unit, continue at limited speed". Since the BMW workshop was closed I took it to a generic mechanic who clears the error and deactivates by sw egr valve, he sai that was stuck open.
After a couple of weeks (August 2018) the yellow warning light appears on returning from vacation, this time I bring it in BMW and the latter updated the control unit's sw and reactivated the egr
After a month (September 2018) it comes back, in bmw they check everything and said they don't find anything obvious, maybe a problem with a wet wire wiring ... they say they feel comfortable
The problem does not occur during the winter, it occurs again in spring (April 2019) during the service brakes in BMW disassemble intake manifold x wash it ... the problem reappears, resets it and they say it is a harness that should dismantle half machine x nonsense ...
July 2019 the engine warning light comes on again, gaps in acceleration, I bring it to BMW where they detect other errors and blame all problems on the exhaust fumes radiator egr + other tubes + solenoid valve, furthermore they detect a considerable turbine wheel clearance which is then replaced. ...
they said that maf sensor is ok
From September 2019 to today every 15 days the yellow light comes on but after 2/3 restarts the engine turns off, in the BMW workshop I never go back because in my opinion they just make me spend a lot of money without finding the problem

The problem is that this error blocks the regeneration of the dpf ...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 01:36 PM   #2
morlud
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x3 20d 163 2011

Hi! Have you figured this out yet? I have a x3 20d 2011 which shows some of the same symptoms.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 02:30 PM   #3
andreigbs
Dr Drei
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3d

Garage List
'16 X3d  [0.00]
You guys should really get BimmerLink app and the OBDII device to hook up to the car.

You can do a lot of diagnostic troubleshooting with it, saving money and frustration in the long term.

I would start by inspecting the EGR valve and associated cooler plumbing/piping.