BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #89
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Bruh. As impatient as I am, usually I'd only chirp the horn if it's 3 seconds and the chick in front of me hasn't done diddly squat except continue to text, apply makeup, jill off, or whatever the hell she's doing. I'm talking about the kinds who lean on the horn the split second the light turns green as if the guy in front of them is blind or forgot what a green light means, even if like me, they're staring at the signal as if it owes them money and is just as impatiently ready to go as you are... Don't you think I have shit to do and places to go too?

As much as I wish that we copied the German signals so that it's easier to tell when to restart the car, prime the clutch of a stick shift, or even give more notice to lessen the chances of distracted morons hold up traffic (although knowing you, you'd probably start leaning on the horn as soon as that yellow light turns on)... I can also wish to be a billionaire tomorrow and have a threesome with Emily Ratajkowski and Mila Kunis in my sprawling mansion too, but I doubt any of the above will happen any time soon.

Jeez man, it's people like you that reinforces bad stereotypes about BMW drivers.

P.S.: Give me your Venmo; I'd be happy to help out with some funds for new socks... Sounds like the poor things have more holes than an afghan.
You know there are things you can do such as, watching the crossing lights and cross walk signals. These things will give you a pretty good clue as to when you need to get ready to go.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15581.00
UncleWede17878.50
MKSixer34171.50
      09-13-2019, 12:03 PM   #90
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Bruh. As impatient as I am, usually I'd only chirp the horn if it's 3 seconds and the chick in front of me hasn't done diddly squat except continue to text, apply makeup, jill off, or whatever the hell she's doing. I'm talking about the kinds who lean on the horn the split second the light turns green as if the guy in front of them is blind or forgot what a green light means, even if like me, they're staring at the signal as if it owes them money and is just as impatiently ready to go as you are... Don't you think I have shit to do and places to go too?

As much as I wish that we copied the German signals so that it's easier to tell when to restart the car, prime the clutch of a stick shift, or even give more notice to lessen the chances of distracted morons hold up traffic (although knowing you, you'd probably start leaning on the horn as soon as that yellow light turns on)... I can also wish to be a billionaire tomorrow and have a threesome with Emily Ratajkowski and Mila Kunis in my sprawling mansion too, but I doubt any of the above will happen any time soon.

Jeez man, it's people like you that reinforces bad stereotypes about BMW drivers.

P.S.: Give me your Venmo; I'd be happy to help out with some funds for new socks... Sounds like the poor things have more holes than an afghan.
I'd just walk away from this one. MK and cmy are some well respected members on here. I don't expect you to heed my advise, so in the meantime.....

Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15581.00
MKSixer34171.50
      09-13-2019, 12:42 PM   #91
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
And now you sucked me into this. How is it you made this a chick thing? Talk about stereotypes. Very convenient deflect from the guy who has people honking at him. I'm a chick, and I'm the one with my hand on the horn for you to move your ass when the light turns green. And no, I don't put on makeup, text, or do anything other than drive when I'm behind the wheel.
OK fine. Dudes do it too, don't get all SJW on me. Besides, in case you and MKSixer still don't get it, I made a quick video to explain it, since it's obvious that explaining my pet peeve TWICE isn't getting through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches View Post
You know there are things you can do such as, watching the crossing lights and cross walk signals. These things will give you a pretty good clue as to when you need to get ready to go.
Not always... Some streets do let the left lane go first, have it sit there when there's no cars left anymore, and then turns the light green for those heading straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I'd just walk away from this one. MK and cmy are some well respected members on here. I don't expect you to heed my advise, so in the meantime.....

Anybody that's met me (and I know there are some OG's on here that'll back me up) KNOW that I'm not an ass-kisser, and I'm not about to start making exceptions. I've been around Bimmerpost a few years more than they have, so if anything, I got seniority!
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 01:24 PM   #92
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
OK fine. Dudes do it too, don't get all SJW on me. Besides, in case you and MKSixer still don't get it, I made a quick video to explain it, since it's obvious that explaining my pet peeve TWICE isn't getting through.
Referring to me as SJW is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on the internet.

Quote:
Not always... Some streets do let the left lane go first, have it sit there when there's no cars left anymore, and then turns the light green for those heading straight.
And if you pay attention, you know the traffic flow and the light rotation because you travel the road every single day. So yes, paying attention is the missing piece. I know when I'm waiting in the left turn only lane at a red light, the light will turn green for cross traffic first unless there are no cars waiting, then I get my green arrow.

Quote:
Anybody that's met me (and I know there are some OG's on here that'll back me up) KNOW that I'm not an ass-kisser, and I'm not about to start making exceptions. I've been around Bimmerpost a few years more than they have, so if anything, I got seniority!
Might want to take a look at post count and rep points instead of join dates.
King Rudi13152.00
      09-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #93
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]

i just watched traffic light video, which is broken because I never saw the yellow light...

is its 3pm yet???
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #94
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

post link
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 01:56 PM   #95
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

I'll start from the bottom and work my way up.

Most of my socks come from Brooks Brothers. And as I don't wear socks unless I absolutely have to, they don't get much wear. Since I lived on the east coast in the early 80's, socks have been an optional thing for me. The preppy thing kinds stuck with me. Now suits are a different thing...I prefer Italian. Prada and Armani are my favs. Next to that are custom jobs. Shirts too. I LOVE shirts. Mostly custom but my fall back is, guess what...Brooks Brothers!!

On BMW drivers: It seems that BMW drivers are the most aggressive but it's a chicken and the egg thing. Are the drivers aggressive so they choose BMW or are BMWs aggressively made by company ethos thereby inciting anti-social driving behavior from the owners?!?! I think it's the latter. I dated a girl who drove a very milquetoast Honda Civic. After a few months of cajoling she purchased a 1-series. BOOM! She was David Hobbs in the 70's driving a CSL. I typically tool just above the speed limit never being the fastest car around. Until I have to be!!

On wishing for additional signaling: There is some. You can look at the signals on the light tree for the perpendicular lane of travel and see what's going on next. But this involves looking at the light and but for that, we wouldn't even be here now!!

On counting before blowing: I only go F1 style (when the red goes off) when I know the area and I'm in the Front Row!!!! Other than that, I count to 2 then wait for the first car to go. I can be the 3rd, 5th, or 8th car. It doesn't matter. If I can see that the first car hasn't moved at a reasonable time. I blow the horn.

Other times I blow the horn:

-At a packed 4 way stop situation. I let everyone know I'm going through

-When someone runs the light at a left turn and blocks the perpendicular traffic lane from going. Hey Buttmunch!! You knew you'd be stuck in the intersection but you're soooooooooo much more important than everyone else so you can sit there and block traffic until your lane loosens up. Congratulations!!

-When someone is drifting or driving erratically.

-When someone pulls up to a light and leaves 4 car lengths either to the light or behind the car in front of them.

-Tailgaters. If I'm in the M6, I drop to a gear sufficient to put 7000 rpm on the tach. It typically backs people off. In the i8 I just use it as a time to recover energy. They get the message. Not many tailgate in the 3.

I think that about covers it.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #96
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Now all I can picture is 007 at the Chemin de Fer table and a slow pan that shows he has no socks on
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
bobowar1353479.00
      09-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #97
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

You took the time to make a video! Even if it took 30 seconds......sorry, still laughing....ok....I'll type now.

I'm not saying that you are wrong in what peeves you. If someone were to honk at me in the manner so eloquently demonstrated in your video, (I will give you props on that, pretty funny) I can't say that it would upset me, but I'd definitely be curious as to what was up the ass of the person behind me. Now if I'm day-dreaming or preoccupied and not paying attention, then yes; the fault is all mine and I'll accept it.

Now that this is cleared up, let's move on to demeanor.

Dude....no one is asking you to be an ass kisser. I'll tell you first hand, I'm one of the biggest assholes there are and have no problems getting in someone's shit; but only when they deserve it. MK and cmy are two of the most level headed, educated and kindest souls on these forums. To go at either one of them, let alone both....simultaneously; isn't going to make you any friends on here with most of the members.

Ever happen to see one of those movies, where the main character was like the coolest guy ever and then society changed around them? This would be one of those moments. You may have been on here in 2013, but clearly times were a little different 7 years ago. The users on here, have a tendency to find out a bit about a person, before we remove their testicles via the internet. We don't just go around jumping into people's asses before we find out who they are. Again, I'm a total asshole, have been to several people on here and don't feel one damn bit bad about it.....but their asses deserved what they got. Seniority means dick to any of us. It's all about post count and rep points these days son. You need to up those numbers before you start going around puffing your chest out in these parts. You may think you look cool acting like a bad ass, but we are all just sitting back laughing at you. It's kinda like watching the new kid in school, new employee or even the new cell mate in gen pop show up and start bossing people around and picking fights with people. Just be cool to the people on here and we'll be cool to you, regardless of how long anyone has been on here......if not.....welcome to the Thunder Dome mother fucker!
Appreciate 4
cmyx6go15581.00
MKSixer34171.50
Rmtt8206.00
      09-13-2019, 03:34 PM   #98
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
What can I say? Even though I'm usually up to my ass at work since my company is cheap enough to have me cover IT for 3 offices (but perplexingly, generous enough to give me access to a decently-equipped company car), I've caught up with all my service tickets yesterday and today is slow AF; it was either I continue to watch movies in the conference room (but then again the left TV cuts in and out and I'm trying narrow down the issue, so I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone) or make that video (which took me less than 5 minutes on iMovie and Photoshop). Either way, I'm bored AF right now.

I'm usually an easy-going guy, but I can be a huge asshole if someone rubs me the wrong way, and sarcastic enough to be taken the wrong way even when I'm not trying to be.

Also to echo what you said: If I was genuinely distracted, guilty as charged; lean on your horn until it blows a fuse for all I care. However, if I AM fully attentive, then as you put it, I'd definitely be curious as to what was up the ass of the person behind me.

I'm not as active as I once was since I'm busy with work, I've found other ways to pass the time (Netflix, Reddit, FB, IG and whatnot), and the few times I do reply here are when I chime on an interesting headline when the app rings, or Off-Topic every once in a blue moon (which as we all know, doesn't contribute to the post count).
Attached Images

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 09-13-2019 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #99
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
On counting before blowing: I only go F1 style (when the red goes off) when I know the area and I'm in the Front Row!!!! Other than that, I count to 2 then wait for the first car to go. I can be the 3rd, 5th, or 8th car. It doesn't matter. If I can see that the first car hasn't moved at a reasonable time. I blow the horn.

Other times I blow the horn:

-At a packed 4 way stop situation. I let everyone know I'm going through

-When someone runs the light at a left turn and blocks the perpendicular traffic lane from going. Hey Buttmunch!! You knew you'd be stuck in the intersection but you're soooooooooo much more important than everyone else so you can sit there and block traffic until your lane loosens up. Congratulations!!

-When someone is drifting or driving erratically.

-When someone pulls up to a light and leaves 4 car lengths either to the light or behind the car in front of them.
Everything actually sounds reasonable... Again, what grinds my gears is what was covered by my dinky video.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-13-2019, 04:18 PM   #100
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I think I can help with the whole perk/perq debacle I believe its perc, short for percocet. Similar pronunciation so I can see the confusion. Welcome to philly
Appreciate 5
dinonz3214.00
UncleWede17878.50
MKSixer34171.50
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #101
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I think I can help with the whole perk/perq debacle I believe its perc, short for percocet. Similar pronunciation so I can see the confusion. Welcome to philly
THIS!!! I was trying to pull over for the 'ludes to wear off, so that MKSixer and cmyx6go wouldn't honk at me.

Being OG, I have to say the NORMALLY NEFARIOUS isn't this agro, but it IS the peeve thread. . .
Appreciate 5
NEFARIOUS431.00
MKSixer34171.50
JP102462.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-13-2019, 06:02 PM   #102
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
THIS!!! I was trying to pull over for the 'ludes to wear off, so that MKSixer and cmyx6go wouldn't honk at me.

Being OG, I have to say the NORMALLY NEFARIOUS isn't this agro, but it IS the peeve thread. . .
Damn! UncleWede you do qualudes too?!?!?!? I haven’t heard “ludes” in 40 years. I used to say people on ludes shouldn’t ........lol
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
UncleWede17878.50
      09-13-2019, 07:03 PM   #103
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

"My bad"

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-14-2019, 02:35 AM   #104
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
You took the time to make a video! Even if it took 30 seconds......sorry, still laughing....ok....I'll type now.

I'm not saying that you are wrong in what peeves you. If someone were to honk at me in the manner so eloquently demonstrated in your video, (I will give you props on that, pretty funny) I can't say that it would upset me, but I'd definitely be curious as to what was up the ass of the person behind me. Now if I'm day-dreaming or preoccupied and not paying attention, then yes; the fault is all mine and I'll accept it.

Now that this is cleared up, let's move on to demeanor.

Dude....no one is asking you to be an ass kisser. I'll tell you first hand, I'm one of the biggest assholes there are and have no problems getting in someone's shit; but only when they deserve it. MK and cmy are two of the most level headed, educated and kindest souls on these forums. To go at either one of them, let alone both....simultaneously; isn't going to make you any friends on here with most of the members.

Ever happen to see one of those movies, where the main character was like the coolest guy ever and then society changed around them? This would be one of those moments. You may have been on here in 2013, but clearly times were a little different 7 years ago. The users on here, have a tendency to find out a bit about a person, before we remove their testicles via the internet. We don't just go around jumping into people's asses before we find out who they are. Again, I'm a total asshole, have been to several people on here and don't feel one damn bit bad about it.....but their asses deserved what they got. Seniority means dick to any of us. It's all about post count and rep points these days son. You need to up those numbers before you start going around puffing your chest out in these parts. You may think you look cool acting like a bad ass, but we are all just sitting back laughing at you. It's kinda like watching the new kid in school, new employee or even the new cell mate in gen pop show up and start bossing people around and picking fights with people. Just be cool to the people on here and we'll be cool to you, regardless of how long anyone has been on here......if not.....welcome to the Thunder Dome mother fucker!
Well he explains himself pretty eloquently.

I call it suituatonal awareness. If I'm in a car, I'm watching everything around me. The other lights, if the opposing turning lane has people in it as this means they will get a green before I do, and I know when all the conditions are met....it takes 3 seconds for the light to go from red to green.
But I'm OCD.

But I've had instances of people flying down the lane beside me "whip" over in front of me at an upcoming red light just so they can be first.

Fine.....whatever. But if they went through all that trouble they had better be pulling off when the light changes....I may blow the horn at them.

I've actually been given the "bird" for doing that. But there have been instances where that has happened and we were both apparently planning to go into the same store a few blocks up. When that happens, they won't even look me in the eyes.

I'm no O.G. here. But where I grew up....O.G. Had a completely different meaning.
      09-14-2019, 06:12 AM   #105
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
When I was in England, I thought that the British traffic lights where they gave the stopped driver a warning yellow before turning green were the next-best thing to a drag tree:

Remember, launch in the "middle" of the last yellow for the best reaction time.....
DETRoadster11446.00
cmyx6go15581.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-15-2019, 12:40 PM   #106
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

New pet peeve: Co-Workers or employees who add you to their vacation schedule in Outlook to alert you as to when they are going to be out. OK, that's cool and all. But dont set a F'ing alert for 1 day before when you also have your vacation set to start at 6:00 AM Monday. it means the rest of us get a "ding" at 6:00 AM on a Sunday morning. Grrrr!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-15-2019, 02:29 PM   #107
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
what the hell went down in this thread overnight?
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15581.00
bobowar1353479.00
      09-16-2019, 10:47 AM   #108
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

In a single writeen comunication:

On September 21st, 2019
blah blah blah
Then on Sept. 22
blah blah
Finally, we will meet again on 9/26/19

CONSISTENCY, people. It's not that difficult!
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15581.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-17-2019, 08:02 AM   #109
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

New pet peeve. "Business professionals" who have absolutely NO social skills.

Yesterday.
Me: Good morning, how are you?
Boss: Fine.
Me: How was Texas?
Boss: Hot.
Me: ........well, good talking to you.
Boss: ........blank stare.

This morning.
Me: Good morning.
Boss: ..........(no response whatsoever).......

It's not difficult to speak to people. If any of you are managers or supervisors or even people. Be friendly to other people who are friendly to you. There are too many assholes out there that you will have your opportunity to be an asshole back to. If someone is friendly, be kind in return.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      09-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #110
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
New pet peeve. "Business professionals" who have absolutely NO social skills.

Yesterday.
Me: Good morning, how are you?
Boss: Fine.
Me: How was Texas?
Boss: Hot.
Me: ........well, good talking to you.
Boss: ........blank stare.

This morning.
Me: Good morning.
Boss: ..........(no response whatsoever).......

It's not difficult to speak to people. If any of you are managers or supervisors or even people. Be friendly to other people who are friendly to you. There are too many assholes out there that you will have your opportunity to be an asshole back to. If someone is friendly, be kind in return.
I was thinking the other day that my pet peeve is "People". Unfortunately, a good number are assholes, and my life is worse off for it. Let me explain.

I'm one of those people who will wait patiently in the correct lane to turn at the upcoming intersection. I'm also one of those people those get thoroughly pissed off with the monumental assholes who sail down the wrong lane and just expect to push in. But they do it. In droves. And it really fucks me off. But the end result?

They get where they're going faster than I do, they don't give a fuck, and they're happy.

I get there slower than they do. I'm pissed off and angry.

Thing is, these same assholes wouldn't do it in a bank or supermarket where you could reach out and smack them upside the jaw. No - they don't do it with the protection of their car knowing you can't do shit. And yet they probably consider themselves good people too.

Rant over
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50