BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-10-2019, 02:01 PM   #309
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaretFozzy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike72uk View Post
Evening just gets better. That email was shortly followed by one from the finance chap confirming that BMW Financial Services have agreed to switch me to the latest 2.9% rate. Was 4.9%.

Confirmation that - "Don't ask, don't get !"
Hmmm, interesting.

I'm going to ask TRL about this as I know the finance quotes were redone on the 30th September for my car due to the impending delays and the possibility that my quote might expire.
I've just sent an email to Mr Lewis asking the same question. If I could get the same as Mike, I would be well chuffed.

So let's see as that would be in BMW UK Finance's gift to give rather than the dealership.

Fingers crossed!!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 06:23 AM   #310
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (G01) M40i (MY20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochview View Post
Great news.. fingers crossed that happens for you!
Update from dealer this morning (via email):
"The vehicle is at status 9650 awaiting despatch to dealer with an Expected date of 18/10/2019". Not exactly Tuesday next week as he told me last night, but it's moving again.

Have pressed to try and push for earlier delivery than 18th so will wait and see.

M.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 06:45 AM   #311
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Great news.. fingers crossed that happens for you!
Update from dealer this morning (via email):
"The vehicle is at status 9650 awaiting despatch to dealer with an Expected date of 18/10/2019". Not exactly Tuesday next week as he told me last night, but it's moving again.

Have pressed to try and push for earlier delivery than 18th so will wait and see.

M.
Great news Mike - hopefully that will be quicker than next Friday for you!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 06:57 AM   #312
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hope so, would like to get to detailers on Wednesday and have it back by the 19th ! I know that as soon as I drive away from the dealers and have driven it, I'm going to be itching to have it back.....will be the longest wait whilst at the detailers !

Any word on yours?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 07:00 AM   #313
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hope so, would like to get to detailers on Wednesday and have it back by the 19th ! I know that as soon as I drive away from the dealers and have driven it, I'm going to be itching to have it back.....will be the longest wait whilst at the detailers !

Any word on yours?
Yep, arrives at the dealers tonight and will be lightly PDI'd, registered with my private plates and then given a full tank of fuel.

Still working on the reduction, but not sure if that'll come through for me (hoping for a miracle)!

Other than this Mr TRL has been great to deal with, has been really patient and has answered all my questions with accuracy and detail. A great salesman for all accounts and one I will be sure to use again in future!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 07:44 AM   #314
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Quote:
Yep, arrives at the dealers tonight and will be lightly PDI'd, registered with my private plates and then given a full tank of fuel.

Still working on the reduction, but not sure if that'll come through for me (hoping for a miracle)!

Other than this Mr TRL has been great to deal with, has been really patient and has answered all my questions with accuracy and detail. A great salesman for all accounts and one I will be sure to use again in future!
Hi Loch. Exciting times! Looking forward to pictures of the car when you get it.

Has TRL said he'd look into getting the discounted rate for you?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 09:06 AM   #315
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Lucky you, yours arriving at dealer tonight. Wish mine was arriving at mine tonight, seems it's next Friday !

Good luck with the collection.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 07:06 AM   #316
Andy2019
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3 M40d

Thumbs up

According to the Durban port website, my car was loaded onto the Glovis Stella yesterday morning so it looks like cars are actually moving out of South Africa again.
This hopefully puts it into Bremerhaven around 4th November, so week 48 delivery now looks realistic.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 12:09 PM   #317
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2019 View Post
According to the Durban port website, my car was loaded onto the Glovis Stella yesterday morning so it looks like cars are actually moving out of South Africa again.
This hopefully puts it into Bremerhaven around 4th November, so week 48 delivery now looks realistic.
Same as mine.

Looks like we'll be picking our cars up the same week.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 07:47 AM   #318
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Any word on yours?
Update from dealer today. Car will arrive with them tomorrow or first thing Wednesday. "PDI light" will be applied and I should be able to collect midday Wednesday.

Now, hopefully I can coerce my detailer to take the car on Wednesday pm and start on the ceramic coating application, hopefully to be finished by Friday evening.

Good times !
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #319
LewiiiD
Rep
Drives: X3

Been following this thread a fair bit. Our car is also on the Glovis Stella.

Has anyone else had any success with getting the new 2.9% apr rate? I've asked the question but got shot down pretty quick.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 08:44 AM   #320
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewiiiD View Post

Has anyone else had any success with getting the new 2.9% apr rate? I've asked the question but got shot down pretty quick.
I had no luck, they said it was only for stock cars as delivery ha to be end of December. They've little reason to switch me anyway as they know I'm paying off the loan after 2 weeks - I'm only taking the finance to get the 2.5k BMW FS contribution.

If dealer believes they could lose a sale then they might be more inclined to bend the rules.
      10-14-2019, 09:42 AM   #321
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Any word on yours?
Update from dealer today. Car will arrive with them tomorrow or first thing Wednesday. "PDI light" will be applied and I should be able to collect midday Wednesday.

Now, hopefully I can coerce my detailer to take the car on Wednesday pm and start on the ceramic coating application, hopefully to be finished by Friday evening.

Good times !
Great news Mike - really happy to hear about your news!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #322
LewiiiD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
Quote:

I had no luck, they said it was only for stock cars as delivery ha to be end of December. They've little reason to switch me anyway as they know I'm paying off the loan after 2 weeks - I'm only taking the finance to get the 2.5k BMW FS contribution.

If dealer believes they could lose a sale then they might be more inclined to bend the rules.
I had the same response.

I could order the same car and get delivery 2 weeks after original order for around £70 cheaper monthly from a more local dealership.

Really tempted. Just the 1k deposit to argue about if I went ahead.

Hoping I'd be able to get that back.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #323
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I had the same response.

I could order the same car and get delivery 2 weeks after original order for around £70 cheaper monthly from a more local dealership.

Exactly.

If BMWFS had said it was explicitly for stock MY2019 cars then fair enough, but as we know from this thread there are at least 2 people with MY2020 factory orders in that have been switched to the new rate.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 01:49 PM   #324
LewiiiD
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I had the same response.

Exactly.

If BMWFS had said it was explicitly for stock MY2019 cars then fair enough, but as we know from this thread there are at least 2 people with MY2020 factory orders in that have been switched to the new rate.
Yeah not sure how they can be selective with who they give and don't give it to.

I've gone back to my dealer to ask again, hoping he'll be more receptive this time.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 02:20 PM   #325
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah not sure how they can be selective with who they give and don't give it to.

I've gone back to my dealer to ask again, hoping he'll be more receptive this time.
Who is your dealer out of interest?

PM me if you'd rather it wasn't public.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 03:32 AM   #326
Andy2019
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Same as mine.

Looks like we'll be picking our cars up the same week.
Or maybe even the same day. It can't come too soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 08:05 AM   #327
RedPepper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4 M40d

Quote:
I've just been told my car is at 6000, so should be heading to the port soon and so I've been trying to work out how/when it's coming to the UK.

Can't find a boat coming to the UK, and only found one RoRo from Durban to Bremerhaven on http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx (the "Mercury Ace", departing 23rd October, arriving Bremerhaven 14th November).

So, couple of questions please...
(1) are there any other sites to check (couldn't see any going on this route - WW, etc)
(2) Do the South African built cars get unloaded at Bremerhaven and then get put onto another ship before coming over to the UK? (presuming Southampton?)
(3) Is there a link to the Durban Port website mentioned above please? I'm guessing this needs the VIN number?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 08:37 AM   #328
Andy2019
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPepper View Post
I've just been told my car is at 6000, so should be heading to the port soon and so I've been trying to work out how/when it's coming to the UK.

Can't find a boat coming to the UK, and only found one RoRo from Durban to Bremerhaven on http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx (the "Mercury Ace", departing 23rd October, arriving Bremerhaven 14th November).

(1) are there any other sites to check (couldn't see any going on this route - WW, etc)
(2) Do the South African built cars get unloaded at Bremerhaven and then get put onto another ship before coming over to the UK? (presuming Southampton?)
(3) Is there a link to the Durban Port website mentioned above please? I'm guessing this needs the VIN number?

Thanks.
That site is useful but definitely doesn't tell the whole story. Until the Glovis Star update, I though my car was likely to be on Mercury Ace. I would work on the assumption your car will be on that, be offloaded in Bremerhaven and then put on another ship to Southampton. You should be able to tell depending which week they are expecting dealer delivery. If you're week 50 that would probably work for the Mercury Ace.
Just keep an eye on the Durban RoRo site that you put your VIN information into... http://41.160.4.58:8080/apex/f?p=102:11:::NO::: to confirm where it is. It may take a couple of days before your VIN is put on their system so don't be too concerned if it doesn't show up immediately.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #329
RedPepper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4 M40d

Quote:
That site is useful but definitely doesn't tell the whole story. Until the Glovis Star update, I though my car was likely to be on Mercury Ace. I would work on the assumption your car will be on that, be offloaded in Bremerhaven and then put on another ship to Southampton. You should be able to tell depending which week they are expecting dealer delivery. If you're week 50 that would probably work for the Mercury Ace.
Just keep an eye on the Durban RoRo site that you put your VIN information into... http://41.160.4.58:8080/apex/f?p=102:11:::NO::: to confirm where it is. It may take a couple of days before your VIN is put on their system so don't be too concerned if it doesn't show up immediately.
Excellent, thanks for this Andy. Yes, I'm a week 50 delivery, so it does look about right. I'm chasing the dealer for the VIN, so hopefully that'll come through shortly.

Not quite sure how I'm going to cope with tracking a slow moving ship all the way from Africa - at least up until now there's been changes on a relatively frequent basis!!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 10:16 AM   #330
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPepper View Post

Thanks.
Thats great news Red,

As far as I know, these are the UK Order status codes:
1100 Scheduled
1200 Scheduled for Production
5000 Confirmed for Production
5050 Chassis Number Allocated
5055 Confirmed by Production Control
5100 Bodyshop Start
5190 Bodyshop Complete
5200 Paintshop Start
5260/5270 Paintshop Complete
5300 Pre-Assembly Start
5400 Assembly Start
5500 Assembly Complete
6000 Transfer to Distribution
8200 Released to Carrier
9000 Departed Plant
9605 Pre EU port of exit.
9610/20/30/40/50/60 In Transit
9615/35/45 In Storage
9620 At sea
9630 Port of Entry
9650 Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer
9660 Dispatched to BMW Dealership
9800 Arrived Dealer

Once you hit 9000, it's effectively left the plant and is making it's way to the ship for the journey north. If it mirrors US built cars, it'll stay at 9000 through the trip to Durban Port, the entire ship journey up to Bremerhaven and only once she has passed through Bremerhaven will the status change.

Mine went to 9610 - Port of Exit after the ship hit Bremerhaven, then 9620 - At Sea on the journey from Bremerhaven to Southampton. After unloading, it sat at 9630 - Port of Entry for about 5 days (I believe this was whilst waiting customs clearance).

As soon as the status hist 9645, your dealer then has to call it off and lBMW Logistics sort out the transportation to the dealership.

For ref in terms timescales, mine hit 9000 on 10th Sept and only changed to 9610 around 1st October ( I think I managed to work out what ship she ended up being on from Charleston and it departed on the 14th Sept), and 9630 on 6th October. Took until Thursday 10th to change to 9645 and it arrived at the dealer today I believe, for me to collect tomorrow.
Appreciate 1