BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-28-2016, 07:34 AM   #1
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

X4 M40i production slots

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Yesterday I was lucky enough to go to my dealer (greater Montreal area) to order my car and found out that they only had 1 production slot in the month of February and would not have any in March....

The reason I am lucky is that the production starts next Wednesday so was on the verge of changing status to the point that you cannot make any changes , so it would have been built however the dealer had decided to order it... very likely not how I would have wanted it.

If you are looking into getting one, I'd suggest being cautious and ask your salesman to confirm their production slots for you. In my case, had I gone today instead of yesterday it would have delayed my purchase by at least 2 months.

GG
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2016, 08:55 PM   #2
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Whats your week # ?
What was your sale price?
What options/color ?

I got a production # for week 10 and I'm happy with that, since I rather finish this winter with my current F25 X3 =)
My 40i is coming 20's MPSS so just in time for spring

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 07:31 AM   #3
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
Whats your week # ?
What was your sale price?
What options/color ?

I got a production # for week 10 and I'm happy with that, since I rather finish this winter with my current F25 X3 =)
My 40i is coming 20's MPSS so just in time for spring
My car is scheduled for production Wednesday February 3rd... so whatever week # that is.

I have not negotiated a price yet. Just gave the deposit and configured the car with my options using the production slot they had for next week.

Color: Long Beach blue, fineline anthracite trim, ivory seats with red stitching.
Packages: executive and premium.
Options: speed limit info, storage compartment package, the 20" wheels.

The US packages may not match the Canadian ones.... But basically just about everything except the technology package which had surround view, driving assistant and blind spot detection. And I did not get the smoker's package, headlight washers, convenience telephony with extended smartphone connectivity.

That I think covers it all.

GG

Last edited by ggalanis; 01-29-2016 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: Autocorrect
Appreciate 2
      02-10-2016, 06:42 AM   #4
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

For european Customers looking for VIN you may search your m40i with those following VIN codes: 0M905xx to 0M909xx.

Thank to a post on a german forum, I was Lucky enough to find my VIN code.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 10:22 AM   #5
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH View Post
For european Customers looking for VIN you may search your m40i with those following VIN codes: 0M905xx to 0M909xx.

Why didn't you just ask your salesman? I emailed my salesman at the start of my production week (#5) and 12 minutes later he sent it to me.

And of course I wasted loads of time looking at other people's VINs to see how they were ordering theirs.
My VIN is in the 0M911## range
GG
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #6
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
Why didn't you just ask your salesman? I emailed my salesman at the start of my production week (#5) and 12 minutes later he sent it to me.

And of course I wasted loads of time looking at other people's VINs to see how they were ordering theirs.
My VIN is in the 0M911## range
GG
Well I didn't asked my salesman because:
- first when I ordered the car last october, on the internal document he gave me, the production was planned for April '16. So I was not going to ask him two monthes before production the VIN Code.
- second because it is a game between my salesman and me. With my actual X4 he remained speechless How I was able to track my car with the VIN, from South Carolina to Germany. So this time I have one advantage.

Yes looking at all VINs is quickly boring. But anyway there are some interesting datas that can be found, f.e.:
the first M40i build with Europe Spec was build november 12th 2014! Then since that date and until the official presentation in the media last october, a little bit more than 40 cars have been build . My interest/curiosity will ask: are those 40 cars only for testing purpose or for internal communication and media too?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #7
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

SANK, yes those cars are for internal use and will not be sold as new to outsiders. Some will probably be scrapped - if not up to BMW standards. This is normal procedure.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 01:17 PM   #8
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
My car is now status 112 and has moved to week #9 production (1 week early)

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #9
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
... the production was planned for April '16. So I was not going to ask him two monthes before production the VIN Code.
Um is your order still planned for production in April?
If so, then I don't think you found your VIN code, but someone else's who has it configured like yours.
I believe they only assign a VIN when production starts.

GG
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 12:43 AM   #10
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
Um is your order still planned for production in April?
If so, then I don't think you found your VIN code, but someone else's who has it configured like yours.
I believe they only assign a VIN when production starts.

GG
Hi ggalanis,
When I ordererd my car last october, my salesman showed me the status order of their internal system. Production was planned for week 17 (april). Since then I had no more update. But remember BMW informed that orders of m40i were only starting in November and production in December.

Yesterday on the german forum, the german guy who published a VIN code of a m40i, ordered his car a week after me.

Then my combo outside/Inside colour + rims + language. Is almost unique.

Anyway I emailed my vin code to my salesman, and received his reply yesterday evening. In his reply speechless was not the right word, amazed seemed to be more appropriate. Once again my combo is a bit of unique, and he confirmed the vin code I suspected to be mine, was referring to my car.

So production will take place next week (instead of week 17) and will arrive in Switzerland in week 12. I should get it one week later.

My salesman who ordered, just after my order, for himself an M2, asked if I could find him his VIN, as he was so amazed I could find by myself mine.

So I will get it 3 monthes sooners as planned But I won't get the 2 update due in April: new idrive interface, cableless charger for mobile phone.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2016, 03:59 PM   #11
elimpfor
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i MY17

SANK_CH, you mention 2 updates in April? Is that for builds starting in April or for builds being delivered in April?

What idrive interface are we talking about? Software update only or a physical update?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 12:24 AM   #12
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Hi Elimpfor,

the 2 updates will be available on cars produced from april 16:
1st is the idrive interface, will look like on 7 serie. I don't know if it is hardware, or software only.
2nd for those who order 6NS (comfort ******ion for smartphone) you will get the Wireless charging station for your smartphone. This is hardware.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2016, 07:05 PM   #13
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

April makes sense.. that's likely when the 2017's will start (X3/4 model years start early in the year). Given it's February now, if you've got some patience, may as well wait 2 months.

The iDrive updates for the X4 will be limited. No touchscreen, just iDrive 5 software (tiles interface like what is on the 7 series) and I believe upgraded NBT2 hardware (I don't believe the X4 currently has NBT2, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong). NBT2 would have 4G LTE connectivity and over-the-air NAV updates.

Last edited by TonySCV; 02-17-2016 at 07:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #14
m0se
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hey guys... I'm a newbie here, but I've been lurking around the site off and on. I just received my VIN number today and I was wondering how are you guys able to track your cars status and location? So far from what my SA told me my car should be here sometime in April.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 12:52 AM   #15
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Hi M0se,

American Citizen are better served as they have a production tracking system. For the rest of the world, the tracking system is a mix of luck and DIY.

Once you have your VIN code, go and enter it there:
http://bimmer.work/ it will either gives you your car's production date, or it display something like 0001.01.01. Which means your car is not yet build but it is sheduled for production.

Then from date of production consider +/- 4 days until your car will reach Charleston (SC) harbor.

Check the website of the forwarder company:
https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...ckSearchResult
Under "Cargo ID" enter your complete VIN (17 characters) in the field. At that step you have a 1000 chance to have a result with your VIN. So you may delete the last 2 digits of your VIN to get a result.

Then you can track the vessel with it ID or name on https://www.marinetraffic.com

Once the vessel reaches Bremerhaven harbour, you can (but you have to be very Lucky) check this webcam (the lower one).
http://www.blg-logistics.com/de/kontakt/webcams/
it shows you the bridge that leads to trains, which will bring your car next to your BMW dealer.

Form that Bridge I have no more solution to track the car.
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2016, 04:34 AM   #16
m0se
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Hi M0se,

American Citizen are better served as they have a production tracking system. For the rest of the world, the tracking system is a mix of luck and DIY.

Once you have your VIN code, go and enter it there:
http://bimmer.work/ it will either gives you your car's production date, or it display something like 0001.01.01. Which means your car is not yet build but it is sheduled for production.

Then from date of production consider +/- 4 days until your car will reach Charleston (SC) harbor.

Check the website of the forwarder company:
https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...ckSearchResult
Under "Cargo ID" enter your complete VIN (17 characters) in the field. At that step you have a 1000 chance to have a result with your VIN. So you may delete the last 2 digits of your VIN to get a result.

Then you can track the vessel with it ID or name on https://www.marinetraffic.com

Once the vessel reaches Bremerhaven harbour, you can (but you have to be very Lucky) check this webcam (the lower one).
http://www.blg-logistics.com/de/kontakt/webcams/
it shows you the bridge that leads to trains, which will bring your car next to your BMW dealer.

Form that Bridge I have no more solution to track the car.
Awesome, thanks SANK!
Appreciate 0