BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3/X4 Forums BMW X3 (G01) / X4 (G02) Forum UK x3 m40i 2020 Ordered + some questions

10-10-2019, 12:16 PM   #1
wetslipper
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: m240i (x3 m40i on order)

UK x3 m40i 2020 Ordered + some questions

Hello everyone,

So ive finally decided that the m240i was a little too impractical and not comfy enough on uk roads and with our Sleeping Policemen(US folks may be confused), although not bad for saying that its a sporty coupe, and its done me very well for 3 years. Ive been through soo many choices in my head, RS6(too long and expensive to run), Mecan GTS(too slow), m340i(not enough of an upgrade), audi s5(maybe not so fun drive), Alfa QF(bit impractical). then finally settled on x3 as although not hugely exciting, it does everything very well and is a solid head & heart choice. So heres what i went for...

Black Sapphire metallic (yep i know, the swirls, dirty after 5 mins, stonechips. but it does beef up the x3 a little and makes it more menacing. shame they dont do the estoril blue like my m240i, also thought about silver, but not bad-ass enough)

Interior
-Black with Blue stitching Vernasca Leather (wish they did full red leather like audi s5)
-Poplar Grain Grey with Pearl Chrome (this was a tough one, but after watching about 10 videos, i think its looks quite decadent and for 150 its good value (and then they go and release carbon fibre trim!!!, grrr)

Comfort package:
-Comfort Access
-Extended storage
-Steering wheel heating (looking forward to this)

M Sport Plus package:
-21" Cerium Grey Double-spoke style 718
-M seat belts
-Adaptive M Sport suspension
-Full shadowline blacked out everything
-Sun protection glass

Options:
-Active Cruise Control with "Stop and Go" function (maybe reduce my road rage haha)
-Galvanic embellisher for controls (not too keen on these but come with ACC )
-Lumbar support, driver and front pass. (don't really care about this but might be nice and help with resale?)
-Panoramic glass sunroof

Didn't bother with any of the driving assistance stuff or tech pack, heads up display looks cool, but i just navigate with google maps along with a speed camera app anyway.

Have seen some vids of 0-60 times in the low 4s which should be fun.

Does anyone know if the active cruise control also has the auto brake accident prevention stuff even when ACC is not active, where it auto breaks to avoid a "fender bender" (thats for the US folks haha)

Got a build week 46, apparently they are made in the US, so does anyone know how long past that till i will get it, 3-4 weeks?

Last edited by wetslipper; 10-10-2019 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 12:20 PM   #2
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetslipper View Post
Hello everyone,

So ive finally decided that the m240i was a little too impractical and not comfy enough on uk roads and with our Sleeping Policemen(US folks may be confused), although not bad for saying that its a sporty coupe, and its done me very well for 3 years. Ive been through soo many choices in my head, RS6(too long and expensive to run), Mecan GTS(too slow), m340i(not enough of an upgrade), audi s5(maybe not so fun drive), Alfa QV(bit impractical). then finally settled on x3 as although not hugely exciting, it does everything very well and is a solid head & heart choice. So heres what i went for...

Black Sapphire metallic (yep i know, the swirls, dirty after 5 mins, stonechips. but it does beef up the x3 a little and makes it more menacing. shame they dont do the estoril blue like my m240i, also thought about silver, but not bad-ass enough)

Interior
-Black with Blue stitching Vernasca Leather (wish they did full red leather like audi s5)
-Poplar Grain Grey with Pearl Chrome (this was a tough one, but after watching about 10 videos, i think its looks quite decadent and for £150 its good value (and then they go and release carbon fibre trim!!!, grrr)

Comfort package:
-Comfort Access
-Extended storage
-Steering wheel heating (looking forward to this)

M Sport Plus package:
-21" Cerium Grey Double-spoke style 718
-M seat belts
-Adaptive M Sport suspension
-Full shadowline blacked out everything
-Sun protection glass

Options:
-Active Cruise Control with "Stop and Go" function (maybe reduce my road rage haha)
-Galvanic embellisher for controls (not too keen on these but come with ACC )
-Lumbar support, driver and front pass. (don't really care about this but might be nice and help with resale?)
-Panoramic glass sunroof

Didn't bother with any of the driving assistance stuff or tech pack, heads up display looks cool, but i just navigate with google maps along with a speed camera app anyway.

Have seen some vids of 0-60 times in the low 4s which should be fun.

Does anyone know if the active cruise control also has the auto brake accident prevention stuff even when ACC is not active, where it auto breaks to avoid a "fender bender" (thats for the US folks haha)

Got a build week 46, apparently they are made in the US, so does anyone know how long past that till i will get it, 3-4 weeks?
Congrats on the new wheels!

From the point it left the factory in the US to the point that I will be collecting it is 6 weeks for me.

But you might get delayed with Brexit depending on what happens, so got my fingers crossed for you!
Appreciate 0