BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-29-2023, 02:12 PM   #1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 6MT

Software Update Broke Spotify and Presets

I just finished a software update on my 23 X3 m40i and now my iDrive is having lots of issues. Spotify won’t load and I can’t figure out how to delete it since I can’t even get into it. It just says loading and never changes. Sometimes it crashes and then starts back up doing the same. My “add preset” doesn’t work now either so I can’t even really use Sirius since I haven’t set up but 2 presets. When I click add preset I get a green check that then goes away and no preset ever shows up. I’ve tried doing a reboot by holding down the volume button several times. I’ve tried turning off the car and coming back to it. Is there anything else I can try at home? I just had it in for an oil service and really don’t wanna go back there if I can help it.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 04:07 PM   #2
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

no sw update here... but that SPOTIFY app sucks and is super unreliable... mine takes forever to load as well, but I am forced to use it because the Carplay Spotify app has terrible quality
      08-29-2023, 04:12 PM   #3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
no sw update here... but that SPOTIFY app sucks and is super unreliable... mine takes forever to load as well, but I am forced to use it because the Carplay Spotify app has terrible quality
Same. I hate CarPlay. Spotify has been “spotty” up until now, but it won’t load even after waiting for 15+ minutes. I suppose I could get past it and use Sirius if only the system would allow me to save preset stations. I have never had a glitchier piece of equipment.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 07:41 AM   #4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

In case anyone has this issue and finds this thread, I seemed to have fixed it this morning. I held down the power button again, but this time I kept holding it after it restarted and let it restart 3 times. Then when I opened Spotify I got a different message saying the app was opening and it was fixed.
Appreciate 1
TXGrey1287.00