BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-30-2019, 10:42 AM   #133
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 15 X5, 14 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz555 View Post
New X4 is the most ugliest BMW ever. Front, back, last 3/4 whatever it looks like chinese car
Agree. One should not buy a BMW because they need a SAV, so many better luxury options on the market. Here is where bmw went wrong....thinking SAV-SUV and truck owners buy those trucks for performance.
Appreciate 1
oz555672.00
      06-30-2019, 11:34 AM   #134
BigT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: I12 i8 Coupe / I01 i3 120Ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by The English Guy View Post

115,682 USD starting price here + 12000 USD pollution tax when registering the car.

In Europe its the beginning of the end for this type of car....the greens are coming
Yes, it will be soon no longer possible to drive in certain European city areas with those type of cars. That's a fact and will speed up the transition to PHEV and BEV quite considerably.

Last week CEO Kruger announced that the electric offensive will be brought forward by two years. According to a report of Deutsche Handelszeitung the board is apparently not satisfied with actual progress at all and afraid of Audi and MB could overtake. That's where the music plays now, as we say here.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 12:11 PM   #135
doccyber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: %D0%97%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0

Good. Another reason not to buy a BMW.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2019, 02:09 PM   #136
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProperBimmer View Post
Quote:
New X4 is the most ugliest BMW ever. Front, back, last 3/4 whatever it looks like chinese car
Agree. One should not buy a BMW because they need a SAV, so many better luxury options on the market. Here is where bmw went wrong....thinking SAV-SUV and truck owners buy those trucks for performance.
totally disagree. some of us that need a SUV want luxury but it also need to handle well and have speed (of course I know it won't handle as well as a coupe or sedan)
GianniB35.00
      06-30-2019, 08:38 PM   #137
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 15 X5, 14 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
Quote:
Quote:
totally disagree. some of us that need a SUV want luxury but it also need to handle well and have speed (of course I know it won't handle as well as a coupe or sedan)
That's bullshit....what do you need an suv for? Really what do people need SUVs and SAVs for that they can't get in a sedan?

I'll answer that: If you don't have 2+ kids, travel heavily with tons of luggage, go off roading, have a job that requires hauling execs or workers around you don't need an SUV.

If you do need an SUV again....there are tons of better priced luxury SUVs on the market today, companies that actually make real SUVs. My experience with the X1, X3 And the x5 that I've had were that they were all garbage, every auto mag-review has said this for years as well.

Nobody needs an SUV subbing for a sports car. Nobody needs M trucks and bmw is catering to this section more than making true BMWs. It sucks for the folks that fell in love with bimmers 20 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 10:12 PM   #138
BeemmeupSF
Rep
Drives: X4M40i, 535i

Quote:
That's bullshit....what do you need an suv for? Really what do people need SUVs and SAVs for that they can't get in a sedan?

I'll answer that: If you don't have 2+ kids, travel heavily with tons of luggage, go off roading, have a job that requires hauling execs or workers around you don't need an SUV.

If you do need an SUV again....there are tons of better priced luxury SUVs on the market today, companies that actually make real SUVs. My experience with the X1, X3 And the x5 that I've had were that they were all garbage, every auto mag-review has said this for years as well.

Nobody needs an SUV subbing for a sports car. Nobody needs M trucks and bmw is catering to this section more than making true BMWs. It sucks for the folks that fell in love with bimmers 20 years ago.
That’s BS too. Why can’t people have a different preference than you? I got 1 kid, take frequent short road trips up and down California, have to load up fair amount of items for work and often take 1-3 of my employees places throughout the year. I’m not big fan of a small cabin and like jumping into a car that sits just a bit higher than being slammed on the floor. It’s convenience is a big factor. Iv been in love with bimmers for almost 20 years too. Sorry if I don’t want to cram all that into a m5 with a price point of 110k. I love my x4m40i cuz it’s fuckin fun as hell to drive as a daily to work. Perfect mix between sedan and suv. Anything with higher center of gravity than an x4 will never feel the same as this ride. It’s sounds amazing and drives perfect for me. Maintence has been a breeze and reliabity and safety is on point. Porsche Macan overpriced lease, hate Merc infosystem, will never get an Alfa as I’m die hard BMW. Pull up on a previous m3/m4 and get smoked by the new X4m comp and depending on whose driving, possibly get smoked in the track too. So what’s it to you what others people preference is. Go play in another sandbox! Name another sav that’s fun as hell to drive and can get at this price. And don’t say Alfa. Thing is junk inside. And who cares what auto mags say, to each his own. 80k on a 510hp beast that handles almost like a sedan (yea I said almost), I’m in!
Appreciate 4
chicagofan0019146.00
GianniB35.00
ando2000.50
kozzi927.00
      06-30-2019, 10:37 PM   #139
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Performance SUVs sound better on paper than in real life
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2019, 11:13 PM   #140
SM2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S6 | 2017 BMW M2 | 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake_Late View Post
Quote:
Haha. Believe me. Drive one. M2 mode. 💥💥💥
You'll forget ALL about how it looks on the outside.
I did.

I never liked the Skechers shoe shape silhouette -
And why I bought my X5M instead. But this thing actually really won me over.

Drive one.

The one sure impression that I immediately felt - and then took away after was how beautifully stiff and sports car like the truck felt. The seats were the first indication of this as I sat in initially. Very nice fitting side bolsters. Yet comfortable. All of this immediately told me that this truck is made to boogie. And it did.
How did it sound?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 11:17 PM   #141
SM2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S6 | 2017 BMW M2 | 2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A lot of people have a their own set of preferences that includes sitting up higher as well as having features such as AWD but want a fast SUV .
Appreciate 1
GianniB35.00
      07-01-2019, 01:24 AM   #142
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:

My God.....stop BITCHING. How does BMW making a SUV you aren't going to buy ruining something for you?

Oh, you've been a BMW fan for over 20 years.....
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 1
GianniB35.00
      07-01-2019, 04:51 AM   #143
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

haha, tell me how you really feel :
      07-01-2019, 05:51 AM   #144
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM2 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Haha. Believe me. Drive one. M2 mode. 💥💥💥
You'll forget ALL about how it looks on the outside.
I did.

I never liked the Skechers shoe shape silhouette -
And why I bought my X5M instead. But this thing actually really won me over.

Drive one.

The one sure impression that I immediately felt - and then took away after was how beautifully stiff and sports car like the truck felt. The seats were the first indication of this as I sat in initially. Very nice fitting side bolsters. Yet comfortable. All of this immediately told me that this truck is made to boogie. And it did.
How did it sound?
Really good. I like it very much. The only " complaint " I heard was that BMW used round tips and not squares ,,, which certainly is subjective -
As a purist I prefer the round 4 outlet style for M cars ...- however this being a very modern car - and with all of its body " facets " once I started to look at it out back,,, I could see how a square tips setup might look quite correct for this one.
Like I said - it's subjective to ones eye and taste. Sound was fire for a stock car. I could only imagine this truck with a serious exhaust swap and a serious tune !
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 01:09 PM   #145
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
This was lit. Loaded. Zero markup. Beasty!!!
84k Sticker.
Same car at my dealer, the sticker was $84,645 I believe. CA said they countered a guy at $80k even on day 1.
Brake_Late1937.50
      07-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #146
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Same car at my dealer, the sticker was $84,645 I believe. CA said they countered a guy at $80k even on day 1.
Wow, that's $4k off (about 5%) on brand new model; Soft market.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 07:49 PM   #147
AIRHEIR
X3M Comp
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
What on Earth does "hit you up" mean? Sounds like something you get arrested for!
lol its American slang for "contact you". If someone says they will "hit you up" it means they will reach out, call, text, etc.

Example-

Joe: Hey Frank want to grab some drinks after work?

Frank: Yea hit me up when your shift ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRHEIR View Post
Thanks for the pics Jay. Might have to hit you up for my wife's X3M when its time.
What on Earth does "hit you up" mean? Sounds like something you get arrested for!
Thank you for clarifying for me
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 03:28 AM   #148
BM dnobagaV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemmeupSF View Post
That’s BS too. Why can’t people have a different preference than you? I got 1 kid, take frequent short road trips up and down California, have to load up fair amount of items for work and often take 1-3 of my employees places throughout the year. I’m not big fan of a small cabin and like jumping into a car that sits just a bit higher than being slammed on the floor. It’s convenience is a big factor. Iv been in love with bimmers for almost 20 years too. Sorry if I don’t want to cram all that into a m5 with a price point of 110k. I love my x4m40i cuz it’s fuckin fun as hell to drive as a daily to work. Perfect mix between sedan and suv. Anything with higher center of gravity than an x4 will never feel the same as this ride. It’s sounds amazing and drives perfect for me. Maintence has been a breeze and reliabity and safety is on point. Porsche Macan overpriced lease, hate Merc infosystem, will never get an Alfa as I’m die hard BMW. Pull up on a previous m3/m4 and get smoked by the new X4m comp and depending on whose driving, possibly get smoked in the track too. So what’s it to you what others people preference is. Go play in another sandbox! Name another sav that’s fun as hell to drive and can get at this price. And don’t say Alfa. Thing is junk inside. And who cares what auto mags say, to each his own. 80k on a 510hp beast that handles almost like a sedan (yea I said almost), I’m in!
Well. You're driving a BMW... so always be ready for a spun bearing.
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1937.50
      07-03-2019, 03:29 AM   #149
BM dnobagaV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
Wow, that's $4k off (about 5%) on brand new model; Soft market.
"Soft market" is the understatement of a century.
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1937.50
      07-03-2019, 06:39 AM   #150
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
Despite all the trolls and haters on here I bet that BMW will sell a lot of these.

And what those people don't understand is that models like these are good for other models like the M3 as it will help keep R&D prices down and enable BMW to continue producing more M sedans.
Appreciate 4
Brake_Late1937.50
WhiteM4111.00
GianniB35.00
      07-03-2019, 06:42 AM   #151
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barathon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
Despite all the trolls and haters on here I bet that BMW will sell a lot of these.

And what those people don't understand is that models like these are good for other models like the M3 as it will help keep R&D prices down and enable BMW to continue producing more M sedans.
That Toronto Red is going to be pure 🔥
3.2carrera

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 12:24 PM   #152
WhiteM4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 convertible

2020 bmw x3m

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 12:25 PM   #153
WhiteM4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 convertible

2020 BMW X3M Competition

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #154
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep

Any one see this color yet ?
( the gold )
Attached Images

3.2carrera

Appreciate 0