BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-18-2019, 12:40 AM   #23
GianniB
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH View Post
I understand you and I had the same hopes, but the power of the car will make you forget this missing sound very quickly. And if you have read the newspapers lately (this week), you probably read the articles concerning the noise made by the traffic. Swiss polices are getting more attention to that, and fines are flying out of the printers. So in the negative, there is a positive point.

Probably this new vid posted yesterday gives you a better idea of the EU Sound version
https://youtu.be/5Xatp0DuPj0
I'm from Neuchâtel, and here the police is nice to people about loud exhaust, even for bikes like Harley-Davidson. But I can imagine...

Thanks for the video. Well it doesn't sound that bad. Seems quiet similar to the M40i though. I'm happy I ordered donington, it looks amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acce98 View Post
Latest News ! From yesterday the car is on code 112 and from the dealer system the car will be in CH ready to pick up week 37 ( Firs 15 days of September )
Order placed on 28.06 . They can't confirm yet from the system the production week . But I hope it will be in the next 10 days.
I asked him the activation code in BMW APP ( MY CAR IS BORN ) but it’s seem that is unavailable for Swiss market .
Congrats! I will have to call my dealer for infos, he doesn't really tells me anything about updates!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 05:25 AM   #24
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianniB View Post
I'm from Neuchâtel, and here the police is nice to people about loud exhaust, even for bikes like Harley-Davidson. But I can imagine...

Thanks for the video. Well it doesn't sound that bad. Seems quiet similar to the M40i though. I'm happy I ordered donington, it looks amazing!
Oh another Romand !

In Geneva most cops drive Harley, this is why they are kind with lound exhaust on Harley. Probably it is the same in Neuchatel. if you live there, you probably ordered your at Facchinetti? I know they will get an X3M Donington for Vich (La Côte).
For the sound it looks like your G01 X3 M40i is quiter than the F26 X4 M40i. Mine pops and burbbles almost all time and I can clearly hear it from inside the car. In the X4Mc, it wasn't the case, I could not hear pops & burbbles from inside. At the end of my test drive, came another client with the X3Mc from his test drive. He parked next to me. The BMW Genius girl from Dielsdorf who was with him, while parked put her feet several time on the gas pedal. So we could enjoy the sound from outside. Again no pops & burbbles (as heard in the video I posted). Either the car was too new +/- 300km, or it depends from one car to another one... that would be really
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 08:36 AM   #25
Linusj
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Competition

Quote:
Same for Switzerland? My X3m40i have quite a nice sound. And I hope my X4MC to sound better.

Do you have any delivery date? My dealer is not giving me any informations and first told me that it would come december 2019 -january 2020...
My dealer have a X3 M40i delivered before july 2018 (when the new EU regulations came). And they have the brand new X3M. The M40i is MUCH louder than the X3M unfortunately...

I'm thinking to get a Akrapovič for my X3M if they will release an exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 06:46 AM   #26
GianniB
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Oh another Romand !

In Geneva most cops drive Harley, this is why they are kind with lound exhaust on Harley. Probably it is the same in Neuchatel. if you live there, you probably ordered your at Facchinetti? I know they will get an X3M Donington for Vich (La Côte).
For the sound it looks like your G01 X3 M40i is quiter than the F26 X4 M40i. Mine pops and burbbles almost all time and I can clearly hear it from inside the car. In the X4Mc, it wasn't the case, I could not hear pops & burbbles from inside. At the end of my test drive, came another client with the X3Mc from his test drive. He parked next to me. The BMW Genius girl from Dielsdorf who was with him, while parked put her feet several time on the gas pedal. So we could enjoy the sound from outside. Again no pops & burbbles (as heard in the video I posted). Either the car was too new +/- 300km, or it depends from one car to another one... that would be really
Exactly, I got mine from Facchinetti, you too?

This is really annoying to me. The bmw M models has to be special. It includes handling, motor, brakes, and SOUND! I already found my M4 quiet, I was ok with the M40i since it's not a real M car, but a 120'000.- BMW X4MC has to be loud, no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linusj View Post
My dealer have a X3 M40i delivered before july 2018 (when the new EU regulations came). And they have the brand new X3M. The M40i is MUCH louder than the X3M unfortunately...

I'm thinking to get a Akrapovič for my X3M if they will release an exhaust.
Well I will consider it too. I don't get why they bother selling special exhaust with the Competition model if the sound is crappy anyway. Thanks EU once again...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 10:40 AM   #27
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Exactly, I got mine from Facchinetti, you too?

This is really annoying to me. The bmw M models has to be special. It includes handling, motor, brakes, and SOUND! I already found my M4 quiet, I was ok with the M40i since it's not a real M car, but a 120'000.- BMW X4MC has to be loud, no matter what.
yes Facchinetti too, but in Gva.

You can't go against the European rules even if we aren't part of EU. that's how it is. We are concerned of the sound, But we should be happy to have the full power of the engine. Take the Z4 as an example. Due to those EU regulation the M40i Z4 makes only 340 ponies, where for the rest of the world it makes 380 ponies !
Did you dealer told you that the first 100 X3M/X4M customers in Switzerland will get with the car a CHF 700.- voucher for an M training Day in Germany, that will take place next year?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #28
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

I had my dealer tonight, my car was on the Thermopylae Vessel and arrived in Bermerhaven last weekend. She is now in Munich.
Appreciate 2
ando2000.50
GianniB35.00
      07-19-2019, 11:49 PM   #29
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
I had my dealer tonight, my car was on the Thermopylae Vessel and arrived in Bermerhaven last weekend. She is now in Munich.
You should go pick her up at the Welt.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 03:46 AM   #30
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

She is blocked there until BMW releases it on Sept. 7th for the official euro launch date. :0(
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #31
Linusj
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well I will consider it too. I don't get why they bother selling special exhaust with the Competition model if the sound is crappy anyway. Thanks EU once again...
Exactly what I wonder too... I wonder what the difference is between the competition exhaust and the non-competition!?
Appreciate 1
GianniB35.00
      07-20-2019, 01:59 PM   #32
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Il you live outsider EU there is a noticeable sound difference
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 02:39 PM   #33
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Il you live outsider EU there is a noticeable sound difference
I live in the EU (Italy) but will have a US Spec. Anyone wants to hear it, come on down!
Appreciate 1
GianniB35.00
      07-22-2019, 03:17 AM   #34
GianniB
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
yes Facchinetti too, but in Gva.

You can't go against the European rules even if we aren't part of EU. that's how it is. We are concerned of the sound, But we should be happy to have the full power of the engine. Take the Z4 as an example. Due to those EU regulation the M40i Z4 makes only 340 ponies, where for the rest of the world it makes 380 ponies !
Did you dealer told you that the first 100 X3M/X4M customers in Switzerland will get with the car a CHF 700.- voucher for an M training Day in Germany, that will take place next year?
I didn't know about the Z4, that's sad. Yeah we could be happy, but it's annoying to pay for something (competition exhaust) when there is no difference with the normal one because of the EU.

No I didn't know, that sound nice! Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #35
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Are you taking it to the dyno like you did the X5M and the M5. ? I’m betting 510 at the wheels !
This week.

07-25-2019, 04:46 AM   #36
Linusj
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
I live in the EU (Italy) but will have a US Spec. Anyone wants to hear it, come on down!
How come, Is that an option for us in EU to order an US spec?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 06:04 AM   #37
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
How come, Is that an option for us in EU to order an US spec?
Normally, I don't think it is an option or possible within the EU, but I purchased mine through US Military sales which provides US Spec vehicles sales-tax-free to Americans serving in overseas locations and even ships it back to the States for free when our time here is up. My car will not be registered downtown like local Italians but will registered, instead, on-base in a US system with an American plate (on paper) allowing us to avoid all the crazy local road and "luxury" taxes (horsepower based- Can you imagine what that would cost in this car? I cringe). Finally, they give us a real Italian license plate, known as the cover plate, to mount on our vehicle so we can't be easily identified as Americans (force protection). Granted, our cars themselves sometimes give us away. My '18 X3 M40i was the only one I ever saw here in country. My dealer confirmed they are available on the Italian market, but you'd just have to be crazy rich to afford the gas (we also get discounted gas through the base) and taxes. At that point, the high rollers with THAT much money just go with a Porsch SUV (which I do see often here). I'm looking forward to shocking a few Macan Turbos with my rear de-badged X3MC once it gets here.
Appreciate 1
Max Well4708.50
      07-25-2019, 07:53 AM   #38
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Waiting on production week
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Max Well4708.50
      07-25-2019, 08:57 PM   #39
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Waiting on production week
Did you got with Matt for this ?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 07:52 AM   #40
Linusj
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
Normally, I don't think it is an option or possible within the EU, but I purchased mine through US Military sales which provides US Spec vehicles sales-tax-free to Americans serving in overseas locations and even ships it back to the States for free when our time here is up. My car will not be registered downtown like local Italians but will registered, instead, on-base in a US system with an American plate (on paper) allowing us to avoid all the crazy local road and "luxury" taxes (horsepower based- Can you imagine what that would cost in this car? I cringe). Finally, they give us a real Italian license plate, known as the cover plate, to mount on our vehicle so we can't be easily identified as Americans (force protection). Granted, our cars themselves sometimes give us away. My '18 X3 M40i was the only one I ever saw here in country. My dealer confirmed they are available on the Italian market, but you'd just have to be crazy rich to afford the gas (we also get discounted gas through the base) and taxes. At that point, the high rollers with THAT much money just go with a Porsch SUV (which I do see often here). I'm looking forward to shocking a few Macan Turbos with my rear de-badged X3MC once it gets here.
Wow, that's awesome. I wish you all luck with your new car!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 08:57 AM   #41
acce98
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M8 COMP

Just received my VIN after 7 days from status 112
On bimmer.work I can't find yet my car spec . Same on BMW Connect app

Only on decoder.bvzine.com my VIN works .. It's strange, maybe it's too new and still needs to be registered in BMW systems
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 10:03 AM   #42
Linusj
Private
Rep

I ordered my X3M Competition July 12. And it's still status 047. Do you guys knows when it get's status 112. When can i expect delivery (EU).
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #43
acce98
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M8 COMP

Quote:
I ordered my X3M Competition July 12. And it's still status 047. Do you guys knows when it get's status 112. When can i expect delivery (EU).
Order placed mid of June , after 20 days status 112 and today I got the VIN
Delivery in CH ( EU ) first week of September . The car should be loaded at USA port in max two weeks time .
For your order I think depending if your BMW dealer have an allocation or not .
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 11:40 AM   #44
jpdchicago
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, X3MC

Getting mine on Monday...
Built to specs Blue with black leather. X3M C
Cannot wait!
Appreciate 0