BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-16-2022, 06:40 AM   #1585
stefan9107
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Okay so I have now officially heard from my dealer. They've cancelled the delivery but did give me some valuable information.

They said the software update should be available on Monday for programming on Tuesday. As a result they've cancelled all Tuesday and Wednesday deliveries but are hoping to resume from Thursday onwards. I'd say that probably means it's unlikely I'm getting mine this side of Christmas.
Appreciate 1
Esteves33.00
      12-16-2022, 06:46 AM   #1586
Imspartacus123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan9107 View Post
Okay so I have now officially heard from my dealer. They've cancelled the delivery but did give me some valuable information.

They said the software update should be available on Monday for programming on Tuesday. As a result they've cancelled all Tuesday and Wednesday deliveries but are hoping to resume from Thursday onwards. I'd say that probably means it's unlikely I'm getting mine this side of Christmas.
Gutted for all you guys now getting told of further delays, but it will be worth the wait, it truly is a great car, I keep finding excuses to drive it!!!!
      12-16-2022, 06:58 AM   #1587
stefan9107
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imspartacus123 View Post
Gutted for all you guys now getting told of further delays, but it will be worth the wait, it truly is a great car, I keep finding excuses to drive it!!!!
Thankfully it looks like its a very minor delay. I can't complain too much either as I only ordered at the end of August whereas I know many others have been waiting 6-12 months. I wasn't really expecting mine until maybe Feb or March next year.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 11:36 AM   #1588
MadBimmerSi
Registered
Rep

Hi All,

Just spoken to my dealership and they’ve confirmed they have now received my car from Southampton and are going to install the update tomorrow, all going well the car will be ready for collection this Friday as planned, typically I’ve now made other arrangements as I thought it was all off going by the conversation I had with them last week…

I’ll need to come up with a good excuse to get out of visiting family 😂

Anyway fingers crossed for all of you waiting, it seems like an easy fix!
Appreciate 1
Esteves33.00
      12-19-2022, 11:57 AM   #1589
BeeEmDoubleU
Rep
Drives: BMX ix3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmerSi View Post
Hi All,

Just spoken to my dealership and they’ve confirmed they have now received my car from Southampton and are going to install the update tomorrow, all going well the car will be ready for collection this Friday as planned, typically I’ve now made other arrangements as I thought it was all off going by the conversation I had with them last week…

I’ll need to come up with a good excuse to get out of visiting family 😂

Anyway fingers crossed for all of you waiting, it seems like an easy fix!

Same ship and my car hasn't gotten to my dealership in Kent. 😂😂

Doubt I'm getting it this year.

I have a solid offer on my current car as well and if that expires I have to fork out another lease payment
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 10:39 AM   #1590
stefan9107
Private First Class
Rep

Well after a lot of back and forth with the dealer it has finally been confirmed that I would not be able to have the car delivered this side of christmas. Apparently it is/has been updated today but all the delivery drivers are busy for Wed-Friday (shocker).

As a result I've just decided to bite the bullet and enjoy the 3 1/2 hour train journey to go and collect it on Thursday. A 3 hour drive home wasn't really at the top of my list of ways to settle into my new car but I've done worse (last car was a 5 hour return journey). Thankfully the journey home is 180 miles so should be well within the cars limits provided they fully charge it of course...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 11:13 AM   #1591
Belle-isler
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Quote:
Well after a lot of back and forth with the dealer it has finally been confirmed that I would not be able to have the car delivered this side of christmas. Apparently it is/has been updated today but all the delivery drivers are busy for Wed-Friday (shocker).

As a result I've just decided to bite the bullet and enjoy the 3 1/2 hour train journey to go and collect it on Thursday. A 3 hour drive home wasn't really at the top of my list of ways to settle into my new car but I've done worse (last car was a 5 hour return journey). Thankfully the journey home is 180 miles so should be well within the cars limits provided they fully charge it of course...
Hi Stefan, was yours on the Cepheus Leader into Southampton on the 12th Dec. According to genius ours is still there, it’s not had the update but is still scheduled for delivery this week, according to the dealer last week it’s got to go to Thorne before they get it, the dealership has gone very quiet now!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 12:18 PM   #1592
BMWandyIX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:

Where you collecting it from?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 12:43 PM   #1593
vji6697
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle-isler View Post
Hi Stefan, was yours on the Cepheus Leader into Southampton on the 12th Dec. According to genius ours is still there, it’s not had the update but is still scheduled for delivery this week, according to the dealer last week it’s got to go to Thorne before they get it, the dealership has gone very quiet now!
Mine was on Hestia, which arrived a week before, it is still in Southampton, but yesterday was showing as the fix needed doing, but today I get an error when I check
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 01:11 PM   #1594
Bimbim2022
Private
Rep
Drives: IX3 Charge + Carbon

Got my car delivered today!!!!!! Waiting time is over, i done tracking XUCKING ships day and night
Appreciate 2
Esteves33.00
      12-20-2022, 01:38 PM   #1595
JD1905
Rep
Drives: Camero SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vji6697 View Post
Mine was on Hestia, which arrived a week before, it is still in Southampton, but yesterday was showing as the fix needed doing, but today I get an error when I check
Think mine was also on Hestia as it arrived before the 6th. As far as i’ve been told (Which isn’t much) it’s still in Southampton and it’ll come when it comes.

I must say, through the leasing company and the dealership i’ve not been overly impressed with the service. Hopefully I like the car once it does arrive.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 01:57 PM   #1596
stefan9107
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle-isler View Post
To be honest I have no idea what ship it arrived on as I couldn't track it as it's a company car and the leasing company wouldn't give me the BMW order number. I didn't even know what dealer it was going to until last week.

All I do know is that it arrived at the dealers last week and was due to be delivered to me today until the stop.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 01:59 PM   #1597
stefan9107
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWandyIX3 View Post
Where you collecting it from?
Given the prevalence of car theft at the moment I won't say the exact location... all I'll say is the Birmingham area...

Which is hilarious because I'm not all that far from Southampton where it came in.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 02:14 PM   #1598
Wermuth
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbim2022 View Post
Got my car delivered today!!!!!! Waiting time is over, i done tracking XUCKING ships day and night
Big congrats on finally receiving your car ! - don’t know if Gnillab running according to schedule. I’m properly up for Thursday/Friday (fingers crossed)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 04:14 PM   #1599
Esteves
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbim2022 View Post
Congratulations 🎈🎉🎊… good luck 👍
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 03:04 AM   #1600
mesaosi
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX3 M Sport Pro

Got confirmation for me to collect car from dealers on Jan 5th, about as early as I could have expected really, no complaints my end.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 03:18 AM   #1601
BeeEmDoubleU
Rep
Drives: BMX ix3

Quote:

Ahh i wish i had the option to do this..my dealer is 35 minutes away from my house and my car is still in southampton

You get to enjoy a nice long drive in your new IX3...i am envious
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 06:46 AM   #1602
Jm19899
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ix3

Afternoon guys, just spoke to genius and mine is supposed to arrive in Southampton on 23rd Jan, anyone have any ideas which ship it will be on to track?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 08:35 AM   #1603
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

Folks who collected their car recently by any chance it come with the contactless tailgate operation?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 08:55 AM   #1604
Gnillab
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: G08

Look up the VIN in a decoder and you'll know what deletions you have.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 09:02 AM   #1605
Gnillab
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: G08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wermuth View Post
Big congrats on finally receiving your car ! - don’t know if Gnillab running according to schedule. I’m properly up for Thursday/Friday (fingers crossed)
Collected today, as scheduled.

Terrible paint finish.

Double-drilled rear plate that will need replacing.

Forgot to fit black kidneys.

Forgot to order summer wheels.

All will be sorted in the new year, but was a bit annoying to find so many issues upon arrival. Especially the paint finish, which will apparently take them three days to correct, due to the state it was in.

We had a good long drive in it and toyed around with all the settings. Now plugged in and ready to charge when the rates drop during the night.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 09:12 AM   #1606
stefan9107
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnillab View Post
Look up the VIN in a decoder and you'll know what deletions you have.
I had a look at this and didn't see anything obvious on mine. Which I assume means it has everything on it...
Appreciate 0