BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-15-2023, 06:21 PM   #1
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Creaking/groaning noise

Anyone else experiencing a creaking or groaning noise from their car?

I can’t pinpoint exactly when it happens, sometimes as I’m braking and the weight shifts forwards, sometimes sitting at the lights a few moments after having come to a stop.

It sounds like either something in the suspension creaking, or possibly air or fluid in a line somewhere groaning through the system.

A bit vague I know but anyone else having similar?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 11:43 PM   #2
SpaceRock
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

I have two creaks that took me at least a week to figure out - one was the passenger seatbelt twisted that was rubbing against the plastic door frame on bumps and another that sounded like suspension creaks was the cargo separating net (the two metal parts that attach to the roof were creaking). Maybe not the same as your issue but might be worth checking, especially if you have the net installed
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 03:28 AM   #3
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Thanks, ours is definitely different. Comes from the front and back and you can feel it vibrate through the chassis, hence me suspecting suspension
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 08:22 AM   #4
SpaceRock
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerouali View Post
Thanks, ours is definitely different. Comes from the front and back and you can feel it vibrate through the chassis, hence me suspecting suspension

I see. If you’ve had it for less then 2 years I’d recommend calling the roadside assistance or concierge from the car and ask them to send out a mechanic to inspect it. If he can’t resolve the noise issue he’ll then have you take the car to the dealership where they’ll send a loaner car that same day. The dealer can then fix it and you’ll have a car to use int the meantime.
Appreciate 0