BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-18-2019, 07:54 PM   #23
CINCYFAN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 & G05

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWho View Post
My CA informed me today that there was still no remedy for the X1 B1 pillar problem. With production of the 2020 supposed to begin in July, it doesn't look good. My CA is trying to push me to an X3. Mind you I ordered a 2019 X1 on April 23rd, production stopped 2 days before my build was to begin. They bumped me to a 2020 (same price and configuration). I can wait for the X1, but should I, or move to the X3?
I would do it in a heartbeat. My wife liked the X1 but as I've said many times, I thought it was too small.

Basically I love my X3 so much that after six months I bought another for my wife. It's my understanding that there are some nice discounts available on the X3 now. My CA was talking about upwards of $11-12k off MSRP.

Good luck...
​​​​​​​
Life is short, drive what you want.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #24
DocWho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 30i, 2019 Z4 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYFAN View Post
I would do it in a heartbeat. My wife liked the X1 but as I've said many times, I thought it was too small.

Basically I love my X3 so much that after six months I bought another for my wife. It's my understanding that there are some nice discounts available on the X3 now. My CA was talking about upwards of $11-12k off MSRP.

Good luck...
Thanks for the info. $11-12k off MSRP? If I can get that I believe it would be a deal. Any advice for getting that kind of deal would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 09:43 PM   #25
MrPorter
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i, 2020 X7 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYFAN View Post

Good luck...
Thanks for the info. $11-12k off MSRP? If I can get that I believe it would be a deal. Any advice for getting that kind of deal would be appreciated.
The pricing thread really is a great resource. It doesn't really help in HOW to get a good deal (beyond basic negotiation tactics) but it really does help you understand where your target should be.

Is $11-12k off normal or the absolute best deal that's been made? You have the leverage of being super annoyed and having dealt with some shit so far, but your dealer is likely only going to go to a certain point. And you also need to weigh how long you're willing to wait for the best deal, and how much work you're willing to put into it, and how far of a dealership you're willing to go to.

That thread is super helpful to help with setting the right target, and then your move is to really pit dealers against each other. If your dealer won't give you your number, say you need some time to think, and go test the market.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 05:47 AM   #26
CINCYFAN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 & G05

Garage List
Quote:
That's what my usual CA told me but I had already bought from another dealer so I didn't pursue (and yes I feel some Catholic guilt about that but he didn't respond to multiple emails and texts and I wasn't going to let what I thought was a great deal get away).

Anyway, I believe incentives are regional but I know there is $5k worth of loyalty and BMW FS credits available plus whatever you can negotiate off MSRP. I think he said the deal was up to $11k off (or in that neighborhood).

Good luck!
​​​​​​​
Life is short, drive what you want.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:11 PM   #27
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

The X1 is fine is you are highly budget conscious. Entry level FWD variants and spec makes most financial sense.

Add a decent engine, X-Drive and a few nice to haves and you will be better off buying an X3. The bigger sibling is a more premium car and, at least in the UK, has better finance offers.

I had one as a loaner and found the inteior room to be comparable to the X3. What I dislike is the busier ride and suspension noise when driving over potholes.

Lastly, I prefer the steering and driving characteristics of the RWD biased X3.

Last edited by Crassus; 06-19-2019 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
fs8813.00