BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #23
Vik1292
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.guggenmos View Post
Mine still says "In Transit" and it has been at the dealer for a week tomorrow. I am picking it up Sunday. I don't know how the system is updated? Cool idea but not really sure about accuracy?
Congrats, that's coming up. From your side, how long was it at the "At the port" stage before moving to "In transit"? - I have heard/seen that the BMW online tracking is somewhat a couple days behind.

Also how long has it been since you placed the original order?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 09:53 PM   #24
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

The online system is definitely not reliable when it comes to the transfer from Spartanburg to Oxnard. Mine left the factory on 3/11 and the online system showed "At the port" on 3/14. I spoke with a 'Genius' today and he told me the system was not initially designed for these lengthy cross country rails trips and makes some poor assumptions along the way. Mine is expected at the VPC in Oxnard on 3/26 as far as his system was concerned. It may get there sooner I guess if I get lucky, but these reported "delays" at the VPC are not really happening it would seem. Just poor tracking updates online.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 09:57 PM   #25
Vik1292
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGoober View Post
The online system is definitely not reliable when it comes to the transfer from Spartanburg to Oxnard. Mine left the factory on 3/11 and the online system showed "At the port" on 3/14. I spoke with a 'Genius' today and he told me the system was not initially designed for these lengthy cross country rails trips and makes some poor assumptions along the way. Mine is expected at the VPC in Oxnard on 3/26 as far as his system was concerned. It may get there sooner I guess if I get lucky, but these reported "delays" at the VPC are not really happening it would seem. Just poor tracking updates online.
Thanks for the input! When did you place your original order if you don't mind me asking.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 10:25 PM   #26
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik1292 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the input! When did you place your original order if you don't mind me asking.
My order was placed on 2/25. It went into production quite quickly after that, but that will vary of course.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #27
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
There should be no way the train takes 2 weeks to get to the VPC in Oxnard.
Not like it can get a flat tire.
Takes about a week.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 11:10 PM   #28
b.guggenmos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M40I Phytonic Blue

Quote:
Congrats, that's coming up. From your side, how long was it at the "At the port" stage before moving to "In transit"? - I have heard/seen that the BMW online tracking is somewhat a couple days behind.

Also how long has it been since you placed the original order?
I believe the order date was February 2nd or 3rd? I will have to look to be sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 01:43 PM   #29
Vik1292
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Just an update from my side. According to Genius my car was going to arrive at VPC in Oxnard, CA 3/18-3/19. However I checked in on Friday (2 days back) there systems are not showing it as actually there in Oxnard yet. They advised it could be there, perhaps the system from there end hasn't updated yet. Or it could possibly not even be at VPC.

In regards to My BMW, it still shows at the port which has been like that for the last 18 days.

For all I know I could just get a call sometime this coming week that the car arrived at the dealership, who knows.

Will call my SA/Genius tomorrow for an update.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 01:45 PM   #30
Vik1292
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
How's everyone else doing in regards to there order? Car at VPC, dealership, what's your current status and ETA, etc.

Please share!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 02:53 PM   #31
winecracker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

Quote:
Just an update from my side. According to Genius my car was going to arrive at VPC in Oxnard, CA 3/18-3/19. However I checked in on Friday (2 days back) there systems are not showing it as actually there in Oxnard yet. They advised it could be there, perhaps the system from there end hasn't updated yet. Or it could possibly not even be at VPC.

In regards to My BMW, it still shows at the port which has been like that for the last 18 days.

For all I know I could just get a call sometime this coming week that the car arrived at the dealership, who knows.

Been following your updates. Appreciate you taking the time. My X4 M40i was ordered on 3/1 and was "dispatched.." on 3/21. As I live in Utah, my car will also go thru Oxnard. I'll call Genius tomorrow for an update. Was hoping that 2 weeks to Oxnard and another week to Utah would be a reasonable time-table, but sounds like yours is taking longer. Darn.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #32
DD694
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Delivery Status

Quote:

My status is the same as yours - originally given ETA at VPC of 3/19, been in "At the Port" status since 3/6. Emailed sales guy this past Wednesday and no sign of it. I assume it did not get on train the week it went to "At the Port" status as it was too late. I was given no new ETA. Hoping it will be tomorrow or Tuesday.I have stopped bugging sales guy. It will arrive eventually. Nothing that I can say that will change the arrival date.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 05:33 PM   #33
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
There should be no way the train takes 2 weeks to get to the VPC in Oxnard.
Not like it can get a flat tire.
Takes about a week.
So far mine has been on the train for 13 days. Not yet at Oxnard but with any luck will show up in the next couple of days.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:16 PM   #34
Vik1292
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for all the updates everyone! As of today, it has marked the 35th day since I placed my order. The wait is a killer indeed...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:07 PM   #35
dabiesaur
Rep
Drives: 435i, x3 m40i

Placed by order 2/19 for a socal delivery so I'm in a similar time frame. Its been stuck "at port" for over two weeks now.

When I contacted BMW Genius a week ago, they expected arrival date in Oxnard was 3/25 which is today. No update on My BMW yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 06:41 PM   #36
Vik1292
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiesaur View Post
Placed by order 2/19 for a socal delivery so I'm in a similar time frame. Its been stuck "at port" for over two weeks now.

When I contacted BMW Genius a week ago, they expected arrival date in Oxnard was 3/25 which is today. No update on My BMW yet.
Thanks for input, keep us posted with any new updates!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 01:57 PM   #37
dabiesaur
Rep

Spoke with Genius today and they indicated the car arrived at Oxnard 3/23.

They indicated it has been released for local transportation and scheduled to arrive at the dealership on Friday, 3/29. I have contacted the dealer to see if they have any more info on if they are expecting it this week.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #38
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Spoke with Genius today and they indicated the car arrived at Oxnard 3/23.

They indicated it has been released for local transportation and scheduled to arrive at the dealership on Friday, 3/29. I have contacted the dealer to see if they have any more info on if they are expecting it this week.
Congrats! You're in the home stretch now.

Your post prompted me to try the Genius hotline again just now, but sadly still no update other than it is expected at Oxnard today. Nothing definite beyond that.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 02:22 PM   #39
Vik1292
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats! You're in the home stretch now.

Your post prompted me to try the Genius hotline again just now, but sadly still no update other than it is expected at Oxnard today. Nothing definite beyond that.

Thanks for the update and great news for you!

XGoober I did the same exact thing. I called the Genius right now and they couldn't really tell me anything new. Mine was "suppose" to reach last Monday/Tuesday at Oxnard.

Advised to reach out to my SA for more...grrrrr
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 02:30 PM   #40
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update and great news for you!

XGoober I did the same exact thing. I called the Genius right now and they couldn't really tell me anything new. Mine was "suppose" to reach last Monday/Tuesday at Oxnard.

Advised to reach out to my SA for more...grrrrr
My guess is it will probably just show up at your dealership without any further tracking update. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:30 PM   #41
dabiesaur
Rep

The website tracker had changed to "in transit" now so it looks like it's really on the way to the dealer this week.

It seems the rest of you had similar time frames so hopefully your cars will arrive soon. 🙂
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:44 PM   #42
Vik1292
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The website tracker had changed to "in transit" now so it looks like it's really on the way to the dealer this week.

It seems the rest of you had similar time frames so hopefully your cars will arrive soon. 🙂
Nice!!

I really hope so, I'm sick of seeing this "at the port" thing.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #43
winecracker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

Well, in case someone else has similar order date (3/1) or production date (3/21) as me and wants to compare.....my X4 went to "At the port" status on 3/25 and "dispatched from factory" on 3/21. Genius line said, today, that it's now on the train and due to arrive in Oxnard on 4/5. Timetable is about what my SA thought would happen. Hope to take delivery on 4/15 in Salt Lake City --which would be ~6 weeks from order.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #44
DD694
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

I called the Union Pacific Railway tracking line today and after entering the Bill of Lading number for my X3 M40i was told that it was delivered to the VPC in Oxnard at 8:00 AM, Monday, March 25. Still showing "At the Port" in My Garage. Sent email to my sales guy to see what he knows beyond this info. No word back yet.
Appreciate 0