BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-31-2021, 03:56 PM   #89
Parnishka
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsm.m4 View Post
Hi Dinan_Engineering - will these springs work with a 2019 X3 M40i? If not, any plans to support it?
Without having them side by side and testing them I could not say. All I have to go off is that they are different OEM part numbers and as such appear to not be interchangeable. Historically, different chassis parts numbers are not phsycially interchangeable but there are a few instances where they are such as the F15/F85. Good chance the F97/G01 fall into that same category but that is just a guess on my part. Also please keep in mind physical fitment which is being discussed here is not the end all, be all, as that does not take into account differing spring rates, weight distribution which will affect rake/reverse rake, etc. A spring designed for an F85 as an example may be great for that platform but diabolical for the F15 given those differences.

As far as actually developing springs specific to the G01 -- there are no plans at present to develop any hard parts for the chassis.
are you guys still work with bmw warranty? on my previous F30 warranty was fine with your springs installed on my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 02:03 AM   #90
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWoX3M View Post
For comparison. My alpine white with Dinan springs. Phytonic blue stock suspension.
Please post more photos. How much of a drop does DINAN quote for these springs? And how much did you actually see from them?
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 09:13 AM   #91
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnishka View Post
are you guys still work with bmw warranty? on my previous F30 warranty was fine with your springs installed on my car.
Same as it always has been in regards to springs.
Appreciate 1
Parnishka259.50
      08-02-2021, 09:16 AM   #92
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Please post more photos. How much of a drop does DINAN quote for these springs? And how much did you actually see from them?
1" drop front and rear. Typically you will see some variance between cars and how abused the stock components liek the struts/shocks have been treated but usually all very close.
Appreciate 2
      08-02-2021, 06:16 PM   #93
NWX3M
Rep
Drives: 2021 x3M

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M  [0.00]
Dinan_Engineering
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 07:00 PM   #94
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWX3M View Post
Dinan_Engineering

Any way to get new tips? New kit arrived today. Tips trashed

Thank you!

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 2663419[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Wow that's how they arrived? Your best bet is to give them a call to initiate replacement. Dinan has top notch warranty/customer service in my experience

https://www.dinancars.com/contact-us/
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 07:30 PM   #95
NWX3M
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Wow that's how they arrived? Your best bet is to give them a call to initiate replacement. Dinan has top notch warranty/customer service in my experience

Thank you! Ill use the link you provided. Yes It's the new kit Dinan just released . The tips were loose in package! Tips just destroyed themselves. Better tip protection needed
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 08:38 PM   #96
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you! Ill use the link you provided. Yes It's the new kit Dinan just released . The tips were loose in package! Tips just destroyed themselves. Better tip protection needed
Yikes. Use the contact form provided or call directly to 1-800-341-5480 in the morning and technical will help get that resolved. You said the tips were loose? Typically they are each bubble wrapped and in individual tip boxes. Hrmm…
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 09:24 PM   #97
NWX3M
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Yikes. Use the contact form provided or call directly to 1-800-341-5480 in the morning and technical will help get that resolved. You said the tips were loose? Typically they are each bubble wrapped and in individual tip boxes. Hrmm…
Thank you! Ill call in morning. Tips were not in boxes. They were just in bubble wrap.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 01:12 AM   #98
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1" drop front and rear. Typically you will see some variance between cars and how abused the stock components liek the struts/shocks have been treated but usually all very close.
That's perfect & good amount of drop...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 01:03 PM   #99
Parnishka
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

what's the inner diameter of the tips? can you sell it separately from the axle back?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 01:04 PM   #100
Parnishka
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Same as it always has been in regards to springs.
thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 03:53 PM   #101
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
what's the inner diameter of the tips? can you sell it separately from the axle back?
Pipe side diameter of the tips are 3" on that kit. They can be purchased seperately technically but they are not setup as a retail good so would need to be purchased as a sub-assembly piece directly from the tech sales folks at 1-800-341-5480. SKU in question would be D663-0640 and would run ~$80 each (w/o clamp).
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 05:26 PM   #102
JL_X3M
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M, X5 50E

Quote:
Since we are talking bout Dinan exhaust I assume let me post my shipment dilemma too.
Dinan needs to do better. I have already contacted customer service and still in progress.

First off, I was expecting with the Dinan name I would get an unboxing experience like all the other top brands. I had expected the packaging to at least be presentable. I bought a few exhausts and parts before and Dinan is the worst packed system ever. Plain thin walled white cardboard box, no logo, not even Dinan tape. Exhaust, pipes, tips, and clamps all thrown in the box with spray foam packaging to hold it in place. The tips were wrapped with bubble wrap but that's it. The clamps were heavy duty ziplock bagged but ripped so they fell out.

Box arrived ripped both front and back. The tape used was cheap thin tape. Not the standard thick packing tape. Clamps had fallen out so UPS driver just left on the box. All 4 tips scratched through the bubble wrapped. They need to be cardboard or boxed individually. One exhaust tip itself bent out of round from UPS dropping it I assume. The exhaust and piping were not individually wrapped to keep from getting scratched. Not a big deal to me but you would assume a new exhaust would arrive looking mint. My new exhaust came scratched, greasy from handling, I would even pass it off as second hand.

Customer service offer to repair but no more new exhaust available. I understand due to Covid and logistics but you would imagine if someone waited months for something it would come in half presentable, but I guess not. As of now I have to wait a few more weeks to install.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 01:39 PM   #103
Parnishka
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKen_0115 View Post
Any more to share for the ride quality?
I must say that overall ride quality and handling has been positive. It hasn't softened the ride but it's eliminated the harshness for everyday driving. Also noticed it inspires more confidence in bends and turns. Touch less body roll. The only setback is after install I noticed some noise coming from the rear. Reported this to Dinan who is sending out coil isolators to be installed. These will now come standard with the kit.
was that approved by dinan that isolators will be now included with a springs set? from which date it starts? I want to order today. thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 02:17 PM   #104
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I must say that overall ride quality and handling has been positive. It hasn't softened the ride but it's eliminated the harshness for everyday driving. Also noticed it inspires more confidence in bends and turns. Touch less body roll. The only setback is after install I noticed some noise coming from the rear. Reported this to Dinan who is sending out coil isolators to be installed. These will now come standard with the kit.
was that approved by dinan that isolators will be now included with a springs set? from which date it starts? I want to order today. thanks for the info
That's what dinan tech support told me
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 06:17 PM   #105
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
X3M springs come with the isolators as part of the kit at this point.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 05:59 PM   #106
wl512
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Any more feedback from others that have this installed? Would be great to hear more on whether ride quality on shoddy and hilly roads has improved.

Last edited by wl512; 10-13-2021 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 08:08 PM   #107
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I wonder what the labor hour estimates are for these mono-balls to be properly installed.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 07:01 AM   #108
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep

I've had the Dinan spring kit on since June of this year. Overall the look is improved with a mild 1" drop over stock. Ride is better (less abrasive) over bumps and rough patches than stock. The ride feels more composed overall. My only gripe is my kit has caused more noise. Honestly if this was a track dedicated car it wouldn't bother me but as a daily this has really diminished my enjoyment. I bought one of the first sets which didn't come equipped with rubber isolators. Dinan sent them after the fact because I was getting metal clank sounds from the suspension over bumps and road imperfections. Isolators went on a few weeks later which eliminated the metal clank but introduced a rubber sound when parking and going slow on turns. Been working with Dinan support on and off for a while and there's no solution. Replaced the isolators 3x. Even applied white lithium grease which only made the noise more prominent. I'm removing the Dinan kit in a few weeks. Based on my experience, I would go a different route if you're looking for just a lowering spring.
Appreciate 3
      10-15-2021, 07:12 AM   #109
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
I wonder what the labor hour estimates are for these mono-balls to be properly installed.
4 hours is what we advertise. All reccommended install times are located under the specs tab on the product pages for future reference.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2021, 02:59 PM   #110
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
I've had the Dinan spring kit on since June of this year. Overall the look is improved with a mild 1" drop over stock. Ride is better (less abrasive) over bumps and rough patches than stock. The ride feels more composed overall. My only gripe is my kit has caused more noise. Honestly if this was a track dedicated car it wouldn't bother me but as a daily this has really diminished my enjoyment. I bought one of the first sets which didn't come equipped with rubber isolators. Dinan sent them after the fact because I was getting metal clank sounds from the suspension over bumps and road imperfections. Isolators went on a few weeks later which eliminated the metal clank but introduced a rubber sound when parking and going slow on turns. Been working with Dinan support on and off for a while and there's no solution. Replaced the isolators 3x. Even applied white lithium grease which only made the noise more prominent. I'm removing the Dinan kit in a few weeks. Based on my experience, I would go a different route if you're looking for just a lowering spring.
thank you for the update. exactly what i needed to hear.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0