BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-17-2021, 05:35 AM   #1
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Alpina XD3 G01 LCI launched

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Alpina have launched their XD3 G01 LCI.

Article:

Alpina has released an updated version of the XD3, based on the recently facelifted BMW X3. It’s available to order in the UK now, priced from £67,950, as a more exclusive alternative to the likes of the Audi Q5 and the Mercedes GLC premium SUVs.

Like the previous XD3, this new model is powered by a tuned version of BMW’s twin-turbo 3.0-litre straight-six diesel engine that powers the X3 M40d, although Alpina has turned up the wick even further as part of the update.

Where the old car produced 330bhp and 700Nm of torque, this new model develops 350bhp and 730Nm thanks to an ECU reflash and a little more boost. Alpina says that’s enough for a 0-62mph time of 4.9 seconds and a top speed of 158mph.

The engine sends drive to all four wheels via a recalibrated version of BMW’s eight-speed automatic gearbox. To cope with the extra power, Alpina has also improved the X3’s chassis, fitting a limited-slip rear differential, recalibrated adaptive dampers, shorter springs and uprated brake pads. Drilled composite brake discs can also be specified as a £1,680 option.

In addition to the cosmetic tweaks BMW has made to the facelifted X3, the XD3 comes with Alpina’s usual styling package, which includes a deeper front splitter, a more aggressive rear diffuser and a stainless steel quad-exit exhaust system. The redesign is finished off with Alpina’s trademark 20-inch multi-spoke alloy wheels.

Alpina’s changes inside are less noticeable, with little more than an Alpina-brand steering wheel and bespoke graphics for the gauge cluster to set it apart from the standard BMW X3. Alpina does offer a few more customisation options, though, with nine leather upholstery choices and six trim finishes to choose from.

Standard equipment for the XD3 includes adaptive LED headlights, rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming door mirrors, gloss black exterior trim and BMW’s active grille, which closes shutters on the main intake when maximum cooling isn’t required to improve the SUV’s fuel economy.

Inside, buyers get two-zone air-conditioning, heated sports seats, Alpina-branded treadplates and and a numbered plaque, which marks the car’s place in the build series. There’s a good level of technology, too, such as parking assist, cruise control and a tyre pressure monitoring system.

There are plenty of optional extras to choose from, including a head-up display (£1,025), M Sport front seats (£1,000), a different Alpina-designed steering wheel (£310) and a panoramic glass roof (£1,190).

The new Alpina XD3 has also made its European debut, albeit with a slightly different specification. Buyers on the continent get a quad-turbocharged 3.0-litre straight-six diesel engine, with 389bhp and a colossal 800Nm of torque. This lowers the SUV’s 0-62mph time to 4.6 seconds while increasing its top speed to 166mph.

Alpina has also launched a tuned version of the X4 coupe-SUV, called the XD4, which shares the same running gear and cosmetic tweaks as the European XD3. However, that car won’t be coming to the UK as the brand says there isn’t enough demand, and so can’t justify putting it through homologation for the right-hand-drive market.

Source: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/medium...priced-ps67950

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 07:50 AM   #2
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

This makes the Lci look older than the pre lci g01.
      06-17-2021, 08:31 AM   #3
ga9213
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

God those taillights are just atrocious.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #4
zukmeister
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga9213 View Post
God those taillights are just atrocious.
tails are fine, those wheels however... holy shit
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 09:14 AM   #5
ANM8
ANM8
England
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

They've managed to redesign it to make it look slower.....those wheels are awful.
Appreciate 1
Swappy531.50
      06-17-2021, 01:31 PM   #6
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

I like the look of the G01 LCI, especially in M Sport or M trim, but that looks dreadful.

Such a bland design.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 06:12 PM   #7
Coi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i, 07 Z4MR

Yikes. That front bumper in white looks like something out of the original Fast and Furious. Needs to be banished back to Need for Speed Underground from whence it came.

Equivalent of early $100k for a diesel X3 that barely does 0-60 in 5 seconds is insane. I'm sure that like other "fast" diesels I've driven in Europe the acceleration really drops off over 60 mph because the engine starts to drop out of its extremely narrow power band between shifts in the higher gears. Also £1,025 for just the HUD is theft.

I've never been much of an modern Alpina fan (drove the current USDM Alpina B7 and 750i back to back and literally couldn't tell the difference in performance at all and they've been caught overstating power numbers before) but this especially seems like a bit of a dud. People claim Alpina is a "subtle" or "classy" alternative to M cars but if that was the case they shouldn't be putting on any body kits or ugly wheels, let alone that big Alpina lettering on the front.

Last edited by Coi; 06-18-2021 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0