BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-24-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
docCarbon
Rep
Drives: x3 35i, MaxPsi M3

FRM module burned up

I got in my very cold car after work last week and started it up. Moments later I smelled something burning and the headlights, tail lights, interior lights etc went out. I was a little worried the car was going to catch fire. I drove it home the next day and ISTA+ traced the problem to the footwell module. Has anyone else had a problem with theirs? It doesn't look like the F25 is covered under the extended FRM limited warranty. So far I've had all the LED tail lights burn out, battery charging problems in cold weather, vanos warning lights, water pump went out, tailgate module failed, and now the FRM module is burned. All without crossing 100k miles. My e46 m3 is more reliable.

Last edited by docCarbon; 02-25-2019 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #2
GENelson
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3

That's a lot of issues. Good luck! Problem might be more common than we know. Our 2015 X3 had its footwell module fail at only 30K miles. Cost $1,350 to replace. Hope they eventually claim a recall or extended warranty on the unit, like they've done in the past for other models.
Appreciate 0