BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-07-2021, 09:40 AM   #1
///M-Furby
Master Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 SO

front camera

so, last night i had my very first experience with a person trying to hit me on purpose. i presume it was an attempt at insurance scam.

the person cut in front of me (5 to 10 feet) and slammed on his brakes. luckly i have better breaks, amazing reaction time and actually pay attention. he kept trying 3 more brake attempts.when he realized it wasn't going to work, he sped up and did it to the vehicle in the next lane.

does anyone have recommendation for a good camera that can be cleanly mounted on rear view mirror and look like part of car. it can be 1080p, good storage and easy to use (always on). it does not need a view screen
"Boo" CPO 2006 330xi | Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 12:39 PM   #2
sunay27
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M40i

That's horrific. Where exactly did this happen? Even I live closer to Philadelphia city.

I would suggest you to invest in a Dashcam. I have the below installed with the OBD II power cable. No hard wiring required and the cables are concealed(did it on my own).

https://us.thinkware.com/product-pag...sh-cam-bundle/
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 08:00 AM   #3
JDsX3
Photojournalist, Tech & Product Analyst
Rep
Drives: BMW X3, i4, Corvette Stingray

You have lots of good options. I have the BlackVue DDR900S 2 ch that I installed and it provides outstanding HD images/video as soon as you turn on your BMW. Here is the write up https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...lackvue+dr900s
Current:2024 i4 Mineral White Metallic with Blue Exterior Accents, Canberra Beige Perforated SensaTec, Premium Package, Driving Assistance Pro Package, Drive Recorder. 2019 X3 Mineral White Metallic, Caberra Beige interior with most options. Corvette Stingray Arctic White w red interior.
Past:2002 Z3, Corvette Stingray and about 40 other cars
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 06:18 AM   #4
lolo-comp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4MC

I just pulled a Thinkware out of my Mercedes, I am not using it. If you want it cheap PM me. It saved my as* more than once with people claiming I hit them when I never touched them. Great investment on any car..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 11:35 AM   #5
MasAyinde
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo-comp View Post
I just pulled a Thinkware out of my Mercedes, I am not using it. If you want it cheap PM me. It saved my as* more than once with people claiming I hit them when I never touched them. Great investment on any car..
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo-comp View Post
If OP doesn't take you up on this, I'll take it
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 01:16 PM   #6
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d BG LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Furby View Post
so, last night i had my very first experience with a person trying to hit me on purpose. i presume it was an attempt at insurance scam.

the person cut in front of me (5 to 10 feet) and slammed on his brakes. luckly i have better breaks, amazing reaction time and actually pay attention. he kept trying 3 more brake attempts.when he realized it wasn't going to work, he sped up and did it to the vehicle in the next lane.

does anyone have recommendation for a good camera that can be cleanly mounted on rear view mirror and look like part of car. it can be 1080p, good storage and easy to use (always on). it does not need a view screen
Jeezus man - thank the lord for your attentiveness. Those bozos should be strung up.

I guess you didn't get the reg for the police? in times like that it's hard to do :-/. But makes me think about one BEFORE it happens. Thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 10:13 AM   #7
///M-Furby
Master Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunay27 View Post
That's horrific. Where exactly did this happen? Even I live closer to Philadelphia city.

I would suggest you to invest in a Dashcam. I have the below installed with the OBD II power cable. No hard wiring required and the cables are concealed(did it on my own).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunay27 View Post

in florida. i moved here in June, just didn't update profile

I'll take a look at this and other options

ty!!
"Boo" CPO 2006 330xi | Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 11:53 PM   #8
g.m00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 & M2C

My goodness, that is ridiculous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Furby View Post

Appreciate 0