BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-05-2020, 09:41 PM   #1
ThePathfinder
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

M40i AC Issues

So our 19 M40i had issues with the AC a few days ago.

It mostly blows outside ambient temperature air no matter what the climate control is set at (Max AC or Auto, max fan at 16C). But when I drive it more "enthusiastically" cold air will begin blowing.

So I took it to the dealer yesterday and they ordered a replacement hose? The hose will arrive on Monday and they'll see if that fixes the problem.

Also, with the AC on and start stop disabled, the car will jerk/shake at idle. The engine revs itself and it feels like it's doing that to keep itself from stalling or something. No check engine light though.

Anybody had issues like this in the past?

On another note, I can't believe BMW dealers in my area (Toronto/Markham, Canada) charges for a loaner! I mean, I understand if they charge for service visits. But I took it in for a warranty issue. Shouldn't BMW cover alternative transport costs?

When I took our super old winter beater (a Mitsubishi too!) in for the airbag recall, they provided a loaner without cost.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #2
F30.N54.lol
Tech
South Korea
Rep
Drives: M340 /GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePathfinder View Post
So our 19 M40i had issues with the AC a few days ago.

It mostly blows outside ambient temperature air no matter what the climate control is set at (Max AC or Auto, max fan at 16C). But when I drive it more "enthusiastically" cold air will begin blowing.

So I took it to the dealer yesterday and they ordered a replacement hose? The hose will arrive on Monday and they'll see if that fixes the problem.

Also, with the AC on and start stop disabled, the car will jerk/shake at idle. The engine revs itself and it feels like it's doing that to keep itself from stalling or something. No check engine light though.

Anybody had issues like this in the past?

On another note, I can't believe BMW dealers in my area (Toronto/Markham, Canada) charges for a loaner! I mean, I understand if they charge for service visits. But I took it in for a warranty issue. Shouldn't BMW cover alternative transport costs?

When I took our super old winter beater (a Mitsubishi too!) in for the airbag recall, they provided a loaner without cost.
I heard of dealers giving customers rental cars and making them pay for it.. but never charge for loaner !

That driveability concern should set some kind of fault , especially if you are saying there is rough running and and revs by itself. If they are giving you a hard time about it ... You can state the car "felt unsafe and lunged forward when i was at a stoplight and you had to hold brake harder in fear of car moving forward into another car.

THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT I seen alot of times techs forget to check the coolant level in the AUX coolant reservoir ( its the smaller one next to the main reservoir) if that is low ,the coolant based condenser will not function .
Appreciate 0