BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-20-2021, 07:17 PM   #1
ALPx3
Private
Rep
Drives: 17 x3

Anyone running a bmw oem tow hitch on their x3 with m pkg?

Anyone running a bmw oem tow hitch on their x3 with m sport package?

I want to know when you are not using the tow attachment #4 is the hitch #1 hidden behind the bottom valence of the m bumper. Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 07:19 PM   #2
one9kilo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F25

If I understand your question correctly, yes it is hidden but only partially.

You won't see the horizontal beam. What you will see, if the tow attachment is not connected, is everything beneath the beam. You will see the attachment point for the tow and also the connection ports for trailer taillights.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 07:36 PM   #3
one9kilo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F25

Here is what it looks like with the attachment. When I did have it off it wasn't too noticeable. It's mostly tuck away except for the cable connection port. If your going for a super clean look, this isn't it. Still, I actually like the look of it. I'm living in an area were people are not great parallel parkers so I leave the attachment on as "protection."

Don't mind my dirty X3. lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 11:08 PM   #4
ALPx3
Private
Rep
Drives: 17 x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by one9kilo View Post
Here is what it looks like with the attachment. When I did have it off it wasn't too noticeable. It's mostly tuck away except for the cable connection port. If your going for a super clean look, this isn't it. Still, I actually like the look of it. I'm living in an area were people are not great parallel parkers so I leave the attachment on as "protection."

Don't mind my dirty X3. lol
Thanks for the pic. Yeah I had my friend at bmw give me a quote on the tow hitch and attachment today and its Way over price $600ish.

I ended up finding a aftermarket stealth tow hitch that would work better and in the $400 range.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 02:20 PM   #5
Denkikun333
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3

One9Kilo,
I recently got a used OEM hitch and mounted it to my 2015 X3. I'm having some trouble though.... I inserted the receiver into the hitch and now I cannot get it to come out!!!! I read about some others having this problem, but nobody seemed to have an answer. When I bought the hitch the guy didn't have the key... I received the hitch and receiver as two separate parts and I assumed that the receiver couldn't be locked already... Now I am wondering if the receiver somehow became locked as I inserted it.. could you please confirm how the key works to lock/unlock the receiver from the hitch (is the key slot vertical or horizontal when it's locked?) Thanks!
Peter
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 09:10 AM   #6
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

I have the german European version of the tow hitch. It is much cooler than the US version. It retracts from under the bumper with a punch of a button and hides again when not needed.
Appreciate 0