BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-11-2021, 02:28 PM   #903
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Thanks everyone! I haven't officially taken delivery but hoping I do today. Those are pics my awesome CA sent me.
That looks AMAZING 🤩
Appreciate 1
Baylorguy203.00
      08-11-2021, 03:59 PM   #904
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I haven't officially taken delivery but hoping I do today. Those are pics my awesome CA sent me.
Thanks for sharing your images, Baylorguy - looks great! My wife's BG/Black is in VPC-transit land so not sure when it'll be arriving, but she's looking forward to it. Maybe the 'ZDM' option has thrown them for a loop...
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 04:33 PM   #905
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Thanks for sharing your images, Baylorguy - looks great! My wife's BG/Black is in VPC-transit land so not sure when it'll be arriving, but she's looking forward to it. Maybe the 'ZDM' option has thrown them for a loop...
It is worth the wait. At the dealership now.
      08-11-2021, 05:32 PM   #906
silverathlon
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

Quote:
Looks amazing in BG! Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 08:46 PM   #907
ngc_choop
Rep
Drives: '22 X3M Comp '20 MK5 Supra

Took delivery of my X3M Competition today. I love it so far and can't wait for this journey!

Brought it straight home and I'll be doing the PPF install and Ceramic Coating myself, tomorrow!

Should be fun since there are no pre cut kits out for my plotter to cut! I'll post more pics later!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Ctriggs5168.00
X3MCRN175.50
Max Well4734.50
Dimitri314.50
      08-11-2021, 09:06 PM   #908
silverathlon
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngc_choop View Post
Took delivery of my X3M Competition today. I love it so far and can't wait for this journey!

Brought it straight home and I'll be doing the PPF install and Ceramic Coating myself, tomorrow!

Should be fun since there are no pre cut kits out for my plotter to cut! I'll post more pics later!
Looks amazing! Looking foward to seeing more pics..I can't get enough!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 09:13 PM   #909
ngc_choop
Rep

Only issue so far is that the finance department at my dealer said that they can't go any lower than 2.9% for financing. They called BMWUSA for verification and it was confirmed that only 2.9% is allowed for 60 months. I hope some of y'all got lower so I can go complain lol
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 09:14 PM   #910
KodiakEd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 / X7

Quote:

The shop I contacted has them now and is scheduling for early September. I need to be careful with it for few days until I can get it wrapped.

Looks nice. Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 09:22 PM   #911
ngc_choop
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakEd View Post
The shop I contacted has them now and is scheduling for early September. I need to be careful with it for few days until I can get it wrapped.

Looks nice. Congrats!!
Thanks!!!

Shoot let me know which cutting software they use so I can start looking it up lol
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 11:15 PM   #912
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Where you guys shop for aftermarket wheels?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 11:16 PM   #913
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Only issue so far is that the finance department at my dealer said that they can't go any lower than 2.9% for financing. They called BMWUSA for verification and it was confirmed that only 2.9% is allowed for 60 months. I hope some of y'all got lower so I can go complain lol
First, congrats! And I had a similar experience with financing. My CA was great but the dealership played games regarding the rate. I pushed and challenged and they flat out admited due to supply and demand, no one is seeing the base rate we are used to. It is bs and had I not had alot of other stuff going on in my life now I would have just walked to prove a point. In my opinion not even close to the experience I am used to with Audi.

I do hope the rest of you have a better dealership experience. Just know there is alot of funny business going on right now with rates. The car is certainly amazing and is a head turner!
      08-11-2021, 11:28 PM   #914
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
First, congrats! And I had a similar experience with financing. My CA was great but the dealership played games regarding the rate. I pushed and challenged and they flat out admited due to supply and demand, no one is seeing the base rate we are used to. It is bs and had I not had alot of other stuff going on in my life now I would have just walked to prove a point. In my opinion not even close to the experience I am used to with Audi.

I do hope the rest of you have a better dealership experience. Just know there is alot of funny business going on right now with rates. The car is certainly amazing and is a head turner!
In many cases, it's the finance guys. It's where it's easier to hide all that questionable profit.

I just signed my paperwork today. The numbers matched to the penny. Everything was exactly that was pre-negotiated and as specified. Didn't have to step foot on a dealer, signed at home.

For the next time, I do recommend reviewing the option of going with a broker. You do get a lot… A LOT better service.

That being said, just enjoy the beast you took home. Don't let it ruin your day. Just feel better that you caught the bullshit…

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 06:03 AM   #915
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
In many cases, it's the finance guys. It's where it's easier to hide all that questionable profit.

I just signed my paperwork today. The numbers matched to the penny. Everything was exactly that was pre-negotiated and as specified. Didn't have to step foot on a dealer, signed at home.

For the next time, I do recommend reviewing the option of going with a broker. You do get a lot… A LOT better service.

That being said, just enjoy the beast you took home. Don't let it ruin your day. Just feel better that you caught the bullshit…

Cheers!
In my case I didn't know rate could be negotiated up front since I always finance externally. Even when I did though, a dealership has never blatantly marked up a rate without being being willing to adjust when someone calls it out multiple times. Anyway, I do appreciate the advice of a broker, I may look into that next time.

On a more humorous note, I took a picture for you guys to prove yet again that Bigfoot does exist! Next thing you know the government will tell us ufos are a thing, too

Name:  20210811_165845.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  448.4 KB
      08-12-2021, 06:33 AM   #916
KodiakEd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340iRN View Post
Where you guys shop for aftermarket wheels?
Tire Rack had great prices and shipped to my house in 3 days.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 06:37 AM   #917
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

Quote:

Cheers!

Good to see this!, it would be very disappointing if things "change" when the time comes and the car is ready...
      08-12-2021, 06:38 AM   #918
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

Quote:
In my case I didn't know rate could be negotiated up front since I always finance externally. Even when I did though, a dealership has never blatantly marked up a rate without being being willing to adjust when someone calls it out multiple times. Anyway, I do appreciate the advice of a broker, I may look into that next time.

On a more humorous note, I took a picture for you guys to prove yet again that Bigfoot does exist! Next thing you know the government will tell us ufos are a thing, too

Attachment 2670625
      08-12-2021, 06:39 AM   #919
KodiakEd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Maybe it has something to do with credit scores since they always quote the lowest rate they will offer based on best scores.

I was told 1.9% thru BMWFS when I placed the order. Was a pleasant surprise when I signed the paperwork yesterday they told me they got a 1.6% rate thru a 3rd party bank.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 06:41 AM   #920
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
Quote:

Cheers!

Good to see this!, it would be very disappointing if things "change" when the time comes and the car is ready...
Definitely! Sent you a PM but you are all out of message space to receive them.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 06:45 AM   #921
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Definitely! Sent you a PM but you are all out of message space to receive them.
yea, just saw that, I just cleared it. This forum system needs an upgrade!!
      08-12-2021, 07:24 AM   #922
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakEd View Post
Sorry to hear that. Maybe it has something to do with credit scores since they always quote the lowest rate they will offer based on best scores.

I was told 1.9% thru BMWFS when I placed the order. Was a pleasant surprise when I signed the paperwork yesterday they told me they got a 1.6% rate thru a 3rd party bank.
Sometimes but not all the time. I have had well north of 800 fico for years and they would not budge on their artificially imposed base rate. Dealers are allowed to mark up interest rates however they want. In the case of short inventory and multiple buyers lined up, I fully expect some dealerships to do more tricks.
      08-12-2021, 07:28 AM   #923
Sasquatch3
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M

The online configurator has been updated for the 2022 model year.
Appreciate 2
JJ 911SC22415.50
V8MAN497.50
      08-12-2021, 07:41 AM   #924
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch3 View Post
The online configurator has been updated for the 2022 model year.
We (North of the 49th parallel) are still with the 2021
Appreciate 0