BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
nomorebigideas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive20d SE (2011)

Base Stereo / Add Centre Speaker

Hi all,

Anyone know if it's possible to add a centre speaker (on the dashboard) to a base Stereo system in a 2011 X3 F25? I'm in the UK.

Interested in upgrading the door speaker with Eton mid-ranges (with the combined tweeter and additional crossovers for each).

Cheers,

J.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 09:55 PM   #2
MSportTune2
First Lieutenant
Aland Islands
Rep
Drives: F30 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorebigideas View Post
Hi all,

Anyone know if it's possible to add a centre speaker (on the dashboard) to a base Stereo system in a 2011 X3 F25? I'm in the UK.

Interested in upgrading the door speaker with Eton mid-ranges (with the combined tweeter and additional crossovers for each).

Cheers,

J.
On your dashboard center, do you already have an opening with speaker cover? If yes, then you can change to a two way center channel. If you don't have an opening, it's going to be a major mod to add the opening that also fits the speaker cover. If no opening, there is no wiring either.

This is what I encounter on my F30 base stereo. My wife's 2014 F25 lci have the center channel with full range speakers and I changed to a HK two way. The mid and tweeter mounting is already there so just plug and play.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

Better option, get a separate amp and tune it. Center will cloud the separation. Bavsound, Match, etc amps will get you there
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 08:09 AM   #4
momoboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 35i 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher View Post
Better option, get a separate amp and tune it. Center will cloud the separation. Bavsound, Match, etc amps will get you there
What he said. Better off getting an amp and speakers and tune. I had the HiFi system and upgraded to an amp and better speakers and removed the center channel. You can't tell and in fact the center staging is even better now.
Appreciate 0