BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #1145
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul J Donnan View Post
Hi new to this forum

Just taken delivery of 2019 X3 M40d
Coming from 2018 630d GT, loving new car Alpine White with black leather blue stitching.
Car has just been coded for SLI and Video in motion and phone ringtone.

Love the M adaptive suspension and HUD
Congrats and great engine choice!

Did you put the mudflaps on?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 02:54 PM   #1146
Paul J Donnan
Rep
Drives: X5 M50d

Thanks, got dealer to fit them before delivery.

Was a little nervous at first how mud-flaps would look. But better than I anticipated. I think you can get away with them on Alpine white.
Definitely helps with road and tire spray, especially on 21 wheels.

Nearly got the dealer to fit the MPerformance decals, but they sent a photo of them and wasn't sure, has anyone installed these and what do you think of them in reality.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 02:58 PM   #1147
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, got dealer to fit them before delivery.

Was a little nervous at first how mud-flaps would look. But better than I anticipated. I think you can get away with them on Alpine white.
Definitely helps with road and tire spray, especially on 21 wheels.

Nearly got the dealer to fit the MPerformance decals, but they sent a photo of them and wasn't sure, has anyone installed these and what do you think of them in reality.
I think the decals look terrible personally. Cerium delete is the way to go, especially on Alpine White, keep it understated but a bit more aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #1148
Paul J Donnan
Rep
Drives: X5 M50d

Same thoughts teaston, will definitely be ditching the Cerium over next few weeks. Just a nightmare to keep from water spotting anyway.
Can't believe the torque of these cars. Have drive both the M40i and M40d and there's very little between them.

Mate has M140i and is very impressed with M40d
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 03:49 PM   #1149
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Same thoughts teaston, will definitely be ditching the Cerium over next few weeks. Just a nightmare to keep from water spotting anyway.
Can't believe the torque of these cars. Have drive both the M40i and M40d and there's very little between them.

Mate has M140i and is very impressed with M40d
Yes the cerium is also a nightmare to keep clean looking!

Wait a few months, the engine really loosens up over the first few k and gets even more lively!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 05:26 PM   #1150
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Hi new to this forum

Just taken delivery of 2019 X3 M40d
Coming from 2018 630d GT, loving new car Alpine White with black leather blue stitching.
Car has just been coded for SLI and Video in motion and phone ringtone.

Love the M adaptive suspension and HUD
Congrats! Great looking car! Enjoy the ride
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 07:05 PM   #1151
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

I currently have the bimmercode app on my Samsung S9+ and have performed some coding changes. I intend to pickup a new Samsung S10+ tomorrow from Best Buy. Being my S9+ is a trade in, from what I understand, since I have to surrender the S9+ at pickup, they will do the transfer from the S9+ to the S10+.

Question is will the bimmercode app along with the restore settings all go onto the new phone? I'd hate to try to restore something and not be able to because it didn't transfer from the old to the new phone. Then I'd be stuck.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 08:03 PM   #1152
Hispeed4fun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
I currently have the bimmercode app on my Samsung S9+ and have performed some coding changes. I intend to pickup a new Samsung S10+ tomorrow from Best Buy. Being my S9+ is a trade in, from what I understand, since I have to surrender the S9+ at pickup, they will do the transfer from the S9+ to the S10+.

Question is will the bimmercode app along with the restore settings all go onto the new phone? I'd hate to try to restore something and not be able to because it didn't transfer from the old to the new phone. Then I'd be stuck.
I thought about this and would just put everything back before trading in phone and start from scratch with the new one.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 10:39 PM   #1153
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hispeed4fun View Post
Quote:

I thought about this and would just put everything back before trading in phone and start from scratch with the new one.
Maybe that's what I better do.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 04:30 AM   #1154
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Quote:

I think it is based on your Google account when you reinstall it on your phone.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 05:22 AM   #1155
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

It should be a folder on the phone somewhere, I'm an Apple guy though, but should be similar on Android, I just copy the backups folder to iCloud drive
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #1156
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

It should be a folder on the phone somewhere, I'm an Apple guy though, but should be similar on Android, I just copy the backups folder to iCloud drive
I'll have to remember to copy the backup folder to iCloud before getting a new phone this year...

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
teaston10994.50
      03-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #1157
Hispeed4fun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhidium View Post
I dont know but maybe thats the case. i did look and found the folder location in my phone. I guess you could copy and paste it but i dont know much about this stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 01:14 PM   #1158
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I dont know but maybe thats the case. i did look and found the folder location in my phone. I guess you could copy and paste it but i dont know much about this stuff.
I did see the bimmercode folder on the internal storage. I tried to copy it to the SD card so I could move it to the new phone, but can't seem to do it. It states that the destination folder is the same as the source.

Stephan said it's tied in with the Google account and it all should move to the new phone.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #1159
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I did see the bimmercode folder on the internal storage. I tried to copy it to the SD card so I could move it to the new phone, but can't seem to do it. It states that the destination folder is the same as the source.

Stephan said it's tied in with the Google account and it all should move to the new phone.
Did you try the bimmercode folder or the backup folder inside it? I could only copy the backup folder.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #1160
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did you try the bimmercode folder or the backup folder inside it? I could only copy the backup folder.
I tried both together and separate, but neither give the option to move it to the SD card.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 02:31 PM   #1161
tanmaygarg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW x3 m40i

anti-dazzle led coding

Hello, was wondering how to get the anti-dazzle coded on my leased x3 m40i.

Can anyone recommend me a good source?

Also, can it void my warranty or give me some trouble at the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #1162
Nicklebon
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmaygarg View Post
Hello, was wondering how to get the anti-dazzle coded on my leased x3 m40i.

Can anyone recommend me a good source?

Also, can it void my warranty or give me some trouble at the dealership?
Almaretto on this forum and few others seems to be the guy that is the most knowledgeable and especially so with lights. I'm looking at doing the same thing through him once I get the prerequisites taken care of.

Reading this again I realize I am assuming that Almaretto is a he. They may not be but from what I gather reading various threads they know coding backwards, forwards and sideways.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #1163
tanmaygarg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW x3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklebon View Post
Almaretto on this forum and few others seems to be the guy that is the most knowledgeable and especially so with lights. I'm looking at doing the same thing through him once I get the prerequisites taken care of.

Reading this again I realize I am assuming that Almaretto is a he. They may not be but from what I gather reading various threads they know coding backwards, forwards and sideways.

Thank you. Will try to get in touch with him.

I was looking at https://www.codemybimmer.ca. This looked legit and have good reviews. Wondering if anyone here has any experience with them.

Edit: these are the services they offer for x3.

Enable Video in Motion at all speeds
Enable all video formats for video playback over USB
Enable Variable Light Distribution (Requires option 552 and 5AC for High Beam Assist and Adaptive LED Headlights)
Enable Euro Anti Dazzle High Beams (Requires option 552 and 5AC for High Beam Assist and Adaptive LED Headlights)
Turn off iDrive legal disclaimers
Change iDrive layout to iDrive 6.0 (For 2016 7 Series)
Change Instrument cluster theme to Alpina
Close Trunk with Key Fob
Turn off Horn on Secure feature upon locking
Change default distance on active cruise control
Enable Mobile Office (For vehicles without 6NW wireless charging option)
Set Auto Start Stop to last user memory or default off (For 2018 models)

Last edited by tanmaygarg; 03-10-2019 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 06:20 PM   #1164
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I guess Stephan from bimmercode was wrong. Even though the bimmercode app transferred to the S10+, when I open it, it's asking for another $34.99 for the full version.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #1165
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I guess Stephan from bimmercode was wrong. Even though the bimmercode app transferred to the S10+, when I open it, it's asking for another $34.99 for the full version.
Is there not a restore purchases option in the Google Play store?

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 08:10 PM   #1166
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Is there not a restore purchases option in the Google Play store?
Not that I can find.
Appreciate 0