BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #23
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3Msport 3.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonvaas View Post
Very laborious to go and collect but it was the only place that had Donnington and the main options I wanted...

Nice people there though.
Yes they are really nice, mines the same spec as yours but in Sophisto, the only thing I wish it had was surround view but you can't have everything can you.
Seems like quite a few of us wanted the surround view.... As one of them I wanted got sold from underneath me, I negotiated and got the alloy insurance thrown in. I definitely won't like it when it happens but am sure I will get one or two dings so at least I've got the refurbs paid for.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #24
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Yeah I'd got used to using it on the 740d, the birds eye view is perfect for reverse parking making it a doddle to park, although the X3M is a foot shorter and you have a better view so it's not that hard.
      12-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #25
Steveo535
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Phytonic Blue X3MC

I was little unsure if I had done the right thing coming from a 535 F11 but after a couple of days I love it.

This was the main reason I didn't want Protect X on my X3MC but the dealer put it on and like you found white residue, swirls and haze on the paint.

I had to comprise with my car I really want Donnington grey but to get the options I wanted I had to go for Phytonic Blue but still love the car.

Enjoy your new motor.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 02:16 PM   #26
GmanJeff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M, 2016 X5

You should use the fuel (petrol) specified by BMW, which will be noted in your owner's manual and (in U.S. vehicles, at least) on the fuel filler compartment door. Using a lower octane than specified will cause the motor to compensate for knocking by a reduction in power and probably in mileage. Conversely, there is no benefit to using a higher octane than BMW specifies.

It's also worth using brand-name fuels, which in the Americas are referred to as "Top Tier Gasoline", a brand name for a standard for fuel additives and detergents. Using discount/off-brand fuel can lead to more rapid accumulation of fuel-related deposits in the motor, which are detrimental to performance and motor longevity.
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2019, 02:48 PM   #27
X3MSteve
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M

I got a Donington Grey with Park Plus in Lancashire :P

But I too had my dreams destroyed a few times so I deserve it, collection tomorrow and straight to the detailers so no collection photo until later in the week
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #28
daltonvaas
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo535 View Post
I was little unsure if I had done the right thing coming from a 535 F11 but after a couple of days I love it.

This was the main reason I didn't want Protect X on my X3MC but the dealer put it on and like you found white residue, swirls and haze on the paint.

I had to comprise with my car I really want Donnington grey but to get the options I wanted I had to go for Phytonic Blue but still love the car.

Enjoy your new motor.
Thanks Steve

Did you tell them about this and if so what was their response to the poor protectX application?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 05:06 PM   #29
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3Msport 3.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MSteve View Post
I got a Donington Grey with Park Plus in Lancashire :P

But I too had my dreams destroyed a few times so I deserve it, collection tomorrow and straight to the detailers so no collection photo until later in the week
Damn you.... 😡that was probably one of the ones that went from under me

At least I managed to secure one. Albeit doesn't have 'all' the toys on but that was the option I wanted the most. At first I was brassed off with it not also having the Driver Assistance Plus, but that one was resolved quite quickly when I just thought 'but it's an M car' I should do the driving.

But the Parking Plus is definitely something I would have used every day.

Never mind, have fun.

Haven't made my mind up whether to get it all ceramic'd up. I am considering this one simply as a rental and will be handing it back so current thought is that I will leave it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 12:43 AM   #30
Steveo535
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Phytonic Blue X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonvaas View Post
Thanks Steve

Did you tell them about this and if so what was their response to the poor protectX application?
As you may have read from one of my post I told them I didn’t want the Protect X but they but it on anyway.

When I rang them they about the paintwork and white residue they just said if “I take the car back they car get it off” but I won’t let them touch the car.

I had to take some paperwork in after I collected the car and I mentioned the issue with the Protect X all they said was “yes but your sorting it aren't you”. To be honest they didn’t seem to interested in my complaint.

They made that good a job on the inside (not) they had not even taken the blue film off the M logos on the seats.

I had put on the first BMW I bought and it turn an Alpine White car cream on all the leading edges of the car which is why I haven’t on any car since.

Hope you get a better response.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 12:58 AM   #31
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo535 View Post
“yes but your sorting it aren't you”.
Brilliant
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 03:45 AM   #32
daltonvaas
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboy77 View Post
Damn you.... ��that was probably one of the ones that went from under me

At least I managed to secure one. Albeit doesn't have 'all' the toys on but that was the option I wanted the most. At first I was brassed off with it not also having the Driver Assistance Plus, but that one was resolved quite quickly when I just thought 'but it's an M car' I should do the driving.

But the Parking Plus is definitely something I would have used every day.

Never mind, have fun.

Haven't made my mind up whether to get it all ceramic'd up. I am considering this one simply as a rental and will be handing it back so current thought is that I will leave it.
Wasn't bothered at all about drive plus but yeah parking plus would have been nice, but tbh i've had regular park asst for the past 4.5 years without the desire to want anything more so it should be fine.....

I'm also using it for a few years then back so... luckily the dealer threw in the cosmetic repair plus too so I don't need to worry about my wife kerbing the alloys as much as I would otherwise
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 04:50 PM   #33
JaxZcar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 Z4 Road Noise

After one week of new car experience, I am very disappointed in the excessive
low speed road noise from my M40i. I am looking into sound insulation
alternatives and welcome your experiences and suggestions.
      01-18-2020, 01:11 AM   #34
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxZcar View Post
go test drive an X3M.....should put things into perspective
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 05:43 AM   #35
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxZcar View Post
You'd be better off in the Z4 forum.
      01-20-2020, 02:25 AM   #36
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

OP get used the poor road surface noise. Unfortunately it's not the tyres and more the suspension. For me it's the major negative of the car, I don't think the suspension is too hard, but the noise on broken surfaces is frustrating.

I can't really think of a solution to this, so kind of stuck with it.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 06:14 AM   #37
daltonvaas
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
OP get used the poor road surface noise. Unfortunately it's not the tyres and more the suspension. For me it's the major negative of the car, I don't think the suspension is too hard, but the noise on broken surfaces is frustrating.

I can't really think of a solution to this, so kind of stuck with it.
Hey, Moff, yes I think that the road noise is leading to a lot of negative bias about the cars ride...the suspension is fine, a little stiff perhaps but expected, it's just the road noise that really accentuates the ride issue, I strongly believe that without the road noise not many people would have an issue with the ride...

That said I did apply some 4mm silent coat under the boots mat, I don't think its made much of a difference, maybe a bit. I'm also used to it on bad roads now so it's ok
Appreciate 1
moff1362.50
      01-20-2020, 08:02 AM   #38
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Suspension may loosen over time its reported. Who knows perhaps there maybe a Dinan Shockware type suspension flash in the future!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 06:18 AM   #39
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Suspension may loosen over time its reported. Who knows perhaps there maybe a Dinan Shockware type suspension flash in the future!
Yep this is interesting given that a big part of the stiffness is based on the adaptive dampers which have a stiffer setting than the stock X3M (non CP).

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 07:17 AM   #40
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Yep this is interesting given that a big part of the stiffness is based on the adaptive dampers which have a stiffer setting than the stock X3M (non CP).
I've pinged them a message they could
Make a few quid here
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 12:14 PM   #41
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

I love the ride. When I put I my Pirelli Scorpion Winters at 38 PSI they were too squishy.

I bumped them up to 42 and now it feels like stock. I’m happy.
Appreciate 0