BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-25-2021, 11:50 AM   #45
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

Full Merino/Alcantara
HDJA - Black Alcantara/Black Merino leather with midrand beige contrast

Extended Merino
LKDA - Sakhir
LKHV - Adelaide Grey
LKSW - Black

VATQ - Tartufo extended Merino (I think this is considered individual, not sure of the cost)

Vernasca leather (STD)
MAH7 - Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGetGriff View Post
Have they listed the interior colors?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 11:52 AM   #46
GoGetGriff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
Full Merino/Alcantara

Extended Merino
LKDA - Sakhir
LKHV - Adelaide Grey
LKSW - Black

VATQ - Tartufo extended Merino (I think this is considered individual, not sure of the cost)

Vernasca leather (STD)
MAH7 - Black

Quote:
Thank you!! No more light colored variant! So sad.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 11:55 AM   #47
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
Full Merino/Alcantara

Extended Merino
LKDA - Sakhir
LKHV - Adelaide Grey
LKSW - Black

Vernasca leather (STD)
MAH7 - Black

Quote:
Tartufo is considered individual, but the cost used to be the same (1k) for the 2021 model.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 11:56 AM   #48
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

Hmm, now that you mention it, yea, I don't see the white any longer. Again, this is not official so it could change....

Quote:
Thank you!! No more light colored variant! So sad.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2021, 11:58 AM   #49
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Question: what is the caliper color option all about?
option of having the brake calipers in blue, red, or black.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 12:02 PM   #50
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
Quote:
^ This. I wanted red calipers but only blue is available right now so I passed on that one allocation. Fingers crossed hoping they will be available at a later date along with the digital key etc
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 12:11 PM   #51
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///minh View Post
Quote:
Quote:
^ This. I wanted red calipers but only blue is available right now so I passed on that one allocation. Fingers crossed hoping they will be available at a later date along with the digital key etc
Ooooh. I didn't know that was a new option.

I'd take the red 100% but no way I'd wait to get a different color. I'm ok with the blue. Maybe I'd wait if they were forcing me to pick the black 🤣
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 12:13 PM   #52
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ooooh. I didn't know that was a new option.

I'd take the red 100% but no way I'd wait to get a different color. I'm ok with the blue. Maybe I'd wait if they were forcing me to pick the black 🤣
At this rate might as well get blue and later powder coat it to another color. Just not a fan of the blue color when the interior is SO.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #53
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
i just wanna open my freakin door and start the car with my freakin phone/watch and not have to carry around a keyfob anymore
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 12:31 PM   #54
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
i just wanna open my freakin door and start the car with my freakin phone/watch and not have to carry around a keyfob anymore
Get a Tesla? 🤣🤣🤣 j/k
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 12:40 PM   #55
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesnewbmw View Post
f82fanatic: I'm curious how you found out about Marina Bay Blue color for the X3M? I've seen it listed on German configurator - - but those colors not necessarily identical to U.S. Do you have Price Guide or Order Guide?? Thanks
The Australian, German, Swiss and UK sites show 16 configurable LCI colors (all the same), with the UK also showing Tanzanite but it doesn't allow the 3D render so I haven't been able to share it in the paint thread [ https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1834645 ]. Whether the 8 colors mentioned in the US Press Release represent the basic lineup and the other 8 colors might be 'Individual' offerings remains to be seen, but would seem odd that those diverse geographic regions would have those 16 possibilities and we in the US wouldn't as well, even if at higher cost?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 01:11 PM   #56
evo-mike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Or get the activity key
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 01:38 PM   #57
wifesnewbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 3 series 328Xi

Max Well: I tend to think you may be at least somewhat right about colors - especially with Tanzanite listed under X3/X4 with an additional $1500 upcharge as well as the $550. Would make no sense - and I would not bank on the press release being exactly perfect. Trouble is the U.S. configurator will not be posted until mid August according to the BMW North American team ( received email two days ago stating that). But maybe the Order Guide/Price Guide will elaborate if someone can post when they are available (I hope)
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 02:30 PM   #58
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here is my build sheet, was told we will have the digital key but no option for calipers or cf strut bar. Which is a deal breaker for me especially the calipers. Lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      06-25-2021, 03:26 PM   #59
wifesnewbmw
Private First Class
Rep

Doesn't the build sheet state that digital key is deleted - but you were told the opposite?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 03:53 PM   #60
NKGK20
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M , G80 on

Frozen grey is fire
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 04:08 PM   #61
de_Mulles
Enlisted Member
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Quote:
f82fanatic: I'm curious how you found out about Marina Bay Blue color for the X3M? I've seen it listed on German configurator - - but those colors not necessarily identical to U.S. Do you have Price Guide or Order Guide?? Thanks
The Australian, German, Swiss and UK sites show 16 configurable LCI colors (all the same), with the UK also showing Tanzanite but it doesn't allow the 3D render so I haven't been able to share it in the paint thread [ https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1834645 ]. Whether the 8 colors mentioned in the US Press Release represent the basic lineup and the other 8 colors might be 'Individual' offerings remains to be seen, but would seem odd that those diverse geographic regions would have those 16 possibilities and we in the US wouldn't as well, even if at higher cost?
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know where you've seen 16 colors on the german site, as there are only the basic 8.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #62
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_Mulles View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know where you've seen 16 colors on the german site, as there are only the basic 8.
Wowwwwww. Nice!

Don't use the builder. Look for the description section of website. The builder only has the 8 colors loaded.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 04:28 PM   #63
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

I didn't realise midrand beige was full leather vs extended, very pleased about that! Toll on November

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 04:52 PM   #64
Max Well
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_Mulles View Post
Apologies as I've not been very astute at looking at the paint descriptions for each site, but they are all the same. It appears every country has the basic 8 colors described in our US release, and then the following 8 (9 for UK as they are the only ones showing 'tanzanite') are clearly described as 'Individual'. I should've picked up on that. I'm attaching an image from just now of the BMW.de site showing what we're discussing.

So that is good news for us in the US, as the F97 hasn't been allowed a range of Individual in the past like the 'upper echelon' models allow. Perhaps we are now being allowed to eat at the dinner table with the others.

Now thinking which to choose, as there are a number (if they allow rail delete ).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 05:03 PM   #65
Max Well
Colonel
Rep

Image with adjusted shadowing suggests the LCI's front modifications may be more about aerodynamics than aesthetics.
Attached Images

Last edited by Max Well; 06-26-2021 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: Shortened
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 05:27 PM   #66
wifesnewbmw
Private First Class
Rep

I see the 16 or so colors on the german site - hard to believe bmw will offer that many in U.S. I've never seen them come close and with Price Guide already out for the X3 &X4 30i and M40i's - it only shows 8 (7 plus one priority 1 - Tanzanite).
Appreciate 0