BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-24-2023, 01:26 AM   #1
8MWV
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i M Performance 220i

UK Nox emission 2.0d (190ps)

Hi

I’m considering buying an X3 Xline for my wife’s big birthday this year.

The car in question is a 2019 2.0 diesel (190) ps. Now she’s in a 2.0i which is great on fuel and emissions but in a 2 series.

No one can tell the future especially these days with so much instability in the world but I can’t find any specific details on the NOx emission for the X3.
I’ve read reports that new 2.0 d produce next to 0 NOx. Just wondering what the official line is on the X3

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 03:13 AM   #2
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8MWV View Post
Hi

I’m considering buying an X3 Xline for my wife’s big birthday this year.

The car in question is a 2019 2.0 diesel (190) ps. Now she’s in a 2.0i which is great on fuel and emissions but in a 2 series.

No one can tell the future especially these days with so much instability in the world but I can’t find any specific details on the NOx emission for the X3.
I’ve read reports that new 2.0 d produce next to 0 NOx. Just wondering what the official line is on the X3

Many thanks
Have you contacted BMW for figures ? If it uses SRC/Urea (adblue) that should remove a very high % of NOx.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/disc...emissions.html

I was watching a documentary the other night about UK car emissions, and the next emission thing is volatile organic compounds (VOC) that are known carcinogens.

It was interesting that the new UK vehicles tested, the particular hybrid EV models had the highest VOC output, at a level considered high risk to humans, whilst the diesel tested had the lowest.

It reminded me of how the UK government forgot about nox when the agenda was promoting diesel, then it became a thing, so I’d expect similar with VOC, once the EV agenda changes again.

Last edited by avi66; 01-24-2023 at 06:32 AM..
Appreciate 1
8MWV14.00
      01-25-2023, 07:30 AM   #3
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D Msport+

Do you have a particular concern re Nox?
It makes no difference from a VED (road tax) perspective anymore.
I do know that my previous 5series 2.0d was rated very low for Nox and at that time the road tax was only £20, used to annoy my missus no end when she had to pay £100 for her little Corsa.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 04:31 AM   #4
8MWV
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i M Performance 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.bands View Post
Do you have a particular concern re Nox?
It makes no difference from a VED (road tax) perspective anymore.
I do know that my previous 5series 2.0d was rated very low for Nox and at that time the road tax was only £20, used to annoy my missus no end when she had to pay £100 for her little Corsa.
No short term concerns regarding Nox. I’m looking at a longer term purchase based on the inflated prices of vehicles today, and with the way our politicians chop and change their policies and priorities, it’s hard to tell what the future will bring.

With the onset of euro 7 in 2025 I was curious to see if the 2.0d X3 would fall into or close to the stricter requirements currently being discussed (not yet finalised) , to mitigate any change in policy our politicians may throw at us in towns and cities. I live in the countryside so not an immediate issue.

I’m shortly off to BMW to discuss the purchase. 👍
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 10:48 AM   #5
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
No short term concerns regarding Nox. I’m looking at a longer term purchase based on the inflated prices of vehicles today, and with the way our politicians chop and change their policies and priorities, it’s hard to tell what the future will bring.

With the onset of euro 7 in 2025 I was curious to see if the 2.0d X3 would fall into or close to the stricter requirements currently being discussed (not yet finalised) , to mitigate any change in policy our politicians may throw at us in towns and cities. I live in the countryside so not an immediate issue.

Depending on what you mean my long term, I’d avoid anything battery powered lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 02:59 PM   #6
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:

The issue you have is the car gets rated at purchase not retrospectively. So it might meet EU7 but the car would only ever sit at its currently certified level.
Appreciate 1
8MWV14.00