BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-08-2022, 09:24 AM   #1
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
'23 X3M Order, couple questions

Hey all!

I'll be signing papers for my X3MC today, found a dealer that actually has a build spot, so shouldn't be too long of a wait, just a couple questions for those that know:

1) I noticed Wireless Charging deletes the Digital Key on some models, but it doesn't list it as a thing on the BMW website, and I don't see it deleting digital key in the order guide, but I also don't see it as STD equipment, is it gone for the '23 X3/X4Ms? Or if I ordered Wireless Charging would I have both?

2) I see the Executive Package comes with "Parking Assistance Plus" which seems to be the 360 camera, but specifically does *not* come with the 3D Surround View. I don't think I could care less about the 3D Surround View, but a 360 camera (with that top-down view) is a pretty essential feature for me, can someone confirm if that package does include the 360 camera?

3) I also see the "hands-free tailgate operation" is also deleted with a $100 credit, but this does *not* delete the actual power tailgate operation, is that correct? From my understanding, this is just the tailgate "kick" feature.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 09:35 AM   #2
MackSea70
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C, 2020 Tesla Y LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Hey all!

I'll be signing papers for my X3MC today, found a dealer that actually has a build spot, so shouldn't be too long of a wait, just a couple questions for those that know:

1) I noticed Wireless Charging deletes the Digital Key on some models, but it doesn't list it as a thing on the BMW website, and I don't see it deleting digital key in the order guide, but I also don't see it as STD equipment, is it gone for the '23 X3/X4Ms? Or if I ordered Wireless Charging would I have both?

2) I see the Executive Package comes with "Parking Assistance Plus" which seems to be the 360 camera, but specifically does *not* come with the 3D Surround View. I don't think I could care less about the 3D Surround View, but a 360 camera (with that top-down view) is a pretty essential feature for me, can someone confirm if that package does include the 360 camera?

3) I also see the "hands-free tailgate operation" is also deleted with a $100 credit, but this does *not* delete the actual power tailgate operation, is that correct? From my understanding, this is just the tailgate "kick" feature.

TIA
I have a 22 X3MC - no wireless charging, but I do have digital key. I do have the 360 camera as part of my exec pack. And yes, hands free tailgate is the kick feature - so not missing much there.

BTW - if interested in a low miles 22, I'll be putting mine up for lease assumption soon. Picked up in May, have less than 2k miles on it. DGM / Adalade.
2023 M5C (MBB, Tartufo, CCB, MPE, splitter, skirts, diffuser and pro spoiler), 2022 X3MC (gone), 2022 M5C (gone, not forgotten), 2020 992S (gone), 2018 M3C (should have never let it be gone), 2015 550i (gone), 2013 550i M-Sport (gone), 2010 Panamera (good riddance) (this list is getting entirely too long).
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 09:39 AM   #3
Lifted
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC

I get more use out of the stupid kick tailgate than I would wireless charger (aka phone warmer)
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 09:54 AM   #4
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
I have a 22 X3MC - no wireless charging, but I do have digital key. I do have the 360 camera as part of my exec pack. And yes, hands free tailgate is the kick feature - so not missing much there.

BTW - if interested in a low miles 22, I'll be putting mine up for lease assumption soon. Picked up in May, have less than 2k miles on it. DGM / Adalade.
Thanks for the confirm on the camera, I think I'll pass on the offer though :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted View Post
I get more use out of the stupid kick tailgate than I would wireless charger (aka phone warmer)
I have wireless charging in my 440 and it works quite well, actually. Phone doesn't feel all that warm and limits the battery drain even during long trips.

So, jury's still out on the digital key delete, but I think I'd opt for wireless charging anyway, even if it did delete it. Don't really use the key feature all that often.
Appreciate 0