BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-26-2022, 04:37 PM   #133
Vettethret
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
Desert tan is the last glock on my list….just one more, I swear. 😅
That's what I keep telling myself, just ONE More!

I have a Kimber Rapide 10mm coming, the agony of the wait!
Appreciate 2
F87LUV3689.00
      03-26-2022, 04:51 PM   #134
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettethret View Post
Quote:
That's what I keep telling myself, just ONE More!

I have a Kimber Rapide 10mm coming, the agony of the wait!
Unfortunately for me, now being an NJ resident, is that one has to apply for a permit every time you want to make a handgun purchase. As you can imagine, it takes forever then sourcing the firearm you want, my permit expired so it starts all over again!
      03-26-2022, 05:50 PM   #135
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Dam straight Ben!

Lib leftist heads exploding in 1...2...

Happy Range Day
      03-26-2022, 05:51 PM   #136
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aX3Man View Post
I was telling a friend about this thread and he wanted to know where he should mount his new rifle.
      03-26-2022, 05:55 PM   #137
Vettethret
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Nothing like firing off some rounds in daisy dukes!
Appreciate 1
scostu1621.00
      03-26-2022, 06:02 PM   #138
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nothing like firing off some rounds in daisy dukes!
YES!

Guy is cool and pretty humble too..............his bio

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mat_Best

Love his coffee.
      03-26-2022, 06:05 PM   #139
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
...yeah yeah yeah.........it's "always just 1 more.."
      04-03-2022, 07:13 AM   #140
Gear4545
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I have a special safe for it.

I'd rather give you the "unofficial" rules, which I advise you to follow strictly.

1. Conduct regular training with your firearm, at least once a week. You need to "try" your gun more often, to understand how it behaves during firing and what surprises may arise. It is very good, if you are instructed by a person who "knows everything about firearms".

2. Do not use ammunition that is not designed for this model of firearm. Do not fire the pistol with any solid object inserted in the barrel channel, as this will damage the barrel and render the pistol inoperable, since the barrel design is designed to fire only rubber bullet cartridges, as well as gas and blank cartridges".

Do not store the gun with the cartridge in the chamber and with the firing mechanism cocked. At all times other than prior to the probable actual use of the firearm, be sure to engage the safety catch to prevent accidental discharge.

4. Always consider the gun loaded and ready to fire. This psychological warning will enable you to take your gun less lightly. Knowing that it can go off at any time will keep you and those around you from carelessly storing and moving it.

5. Do not point your gun unnecessarily in the direction of a person or any other living target. It should never be forgotten that a gun can be loaded and that such careless handling of it can cost someone not only a shot in the body, a lost eye, or any other kind of injury, but also their life, if it hits a vital organ or point, such as the temple.

6. When shooting, keep your firearm at arm's length.

7. Keep your gun out of reach of others, especially if you have family and children. Make sure that access to the gun is strictly limited. Gun safes can be useful for this, but are not necessary for traumatics, and regular safes can work for handguns as well. There is no need to communicate the cipher or put the key to it in a conspicuous place.

8. Do not use defective guns.

9. Regularly monitor the condition of your gun.

10. Always carry your weapon concealed and do not draw extra attention to yourself. Always act as if you are unarmed and only draw your weapon if you are ready to shoot immediately. We are talking about the fact that you should never scare anyone with a weapon, show it off unnecessarily, or suffer from the "cowboy" syndrome in general.

I believe that following these 10 rules will save you from the real life problems, as well as from the unpleasant situations with the participation of law enforcement agencies. If I'm wrong about something, add your point with the rules or correct me!

And for my guns I have a safe!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
chrisk03153.00
      04-03-2022, 01:35 PM   #141
GP0256
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 MINI GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF01 View Post
Maybe in the ghettos of London! I live in Edinburgh, so absolutely none of that carry on here...thankfully!
What's interesting in the US, the same politicians trying to make things "safer" by limiting the ability of law abiding citizens to carry a firearm are the same which make it easier for repeat criminals to go back out on the streets.

There was a homeless guy in China Town (NYC) with multiple arrests/convictions who followed a woman back to her apartment and stabbed her to death recently - as an example.

Additionally, there have been a ton of reports of people getting smashed in the head with hammers or pushed on the tracks in the NYC subway system.

Of course, you have a better chance of winning the lotto than getting a firearm permit in NYC. A carry permit is impossible to obtain.

Keep in mind though, the UK is why we have a second amendment (the right to keep and bear arms). Our founding fathers wanted to make sure we had the ability to fight back against a tyrannical government
Yeah see this is my issue. My fiancé, 6 years ago before we got together, had a guy who raped women by following them into high rise apartment buildings and using a weapon to rape them follow her home. They let him out 3 times. He followed my fiancé home after work, broke into her apartment behind her. She screamed, he left and forgot his book bag…….. guess what the police found in it? More weapons, he was going to do it to her and she got lucky. Now he is out for the 5th time all for the same thing, back in the streets. That's enough for both of us to be lawful, Gun toting citizens with the license to do so. I'll be the first to admit I'll probably have to go in a psych ward if I have to shoot someone but if I do it to save my family, that makes it worth it to me.
Appreciate 3
scostu1621.00
      04-03-2022, 01:51 PM   #142
SupremeHustle
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4MC 2021 F-Type R

You should have every right to protect yourself. So I'm all for keeping a gat in your ride in case criminals start acting like criminals or the police start acting like the police.
Appreciate 4
GP0256191.00
_22_m3_15.00
      04-18-2022, 12:31 PM   #143
_22_m3_
Rep
Drives: 22 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Yeah, that was me. Curious what situations you think you might run into that warrants carrying a firearm...and then actually use it to subdue or worse, kill someone. My opinion naturally, not looking for an argument. Good luck.
The situations are endless. I was driving home 2 weeks ago, around 11:30 at night and some guy in a camaro, who was most likely intoxicated, was road raging like crazy with me. I guess he thought I should have moved out of his way right when he came up on me. He finally went around me, cut me off slammed on his brakes, as I tried to go around him, he would speed up cut me off etc etc. I stopped way short of a light, he waited, I eventually decided to cut through a parking lot in an effort to show him I am not wanting to mess with this. He blocked the exit from the parking lot so I couldn't get out. I was able to squeeze behind his car. He sped up again to get in front of me and thankfully I was able to pull a u turn to get away from him. Had he continued or I wasn't able to get out of the parking lot, I would have used my gun if it came down to it. Notice my first inclination is to avoid all of this. I don't want to deal with the legal repercussions or emotional trauma that comes from a situation like this but I also refuse to just be a sitting duck while some psycho attempts to harm me and my wife.
Appreciate 4
scostu1621.00
r33_RGSport12912.50
joebie3295.50
      04-18-2022, 12:41 PM   #144
_22_m3_
Rep
Drives: 22 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
I in fact did show this to my wife...she agrees wholeheartedly. If someone holds me at gunpoint and I pull out a gun, what do you think the outcome will be? Either way, gun or no gun if a gun is pointed at me I'm not going to further any potential violence. Luckily I don't live in the U.S.

As for "not protecting my family"....well, you leave that to me.

Thank god I live in a country where it's not a free for all...again, my opinion naturally.

You do what you need to do I suppose.
I know this is an old post, but in my opinion, part of carrying a firearm is being situationally aware. A guy with a gun doesn't just appear. Being situationally aware can help you be prepared. Hopefully that means trying to leave the area where a psycho with a gun is. Also, with as much training as I have had in my life. If a guy has a gun to my head and wants my car. I am letting them have it. I would tell my wife to exit the car and comply. I have had to use my gun in defense once and I never want to be in a situation to use it again.

I also respect everyone's opinion on this. If carrying a gun isn't for you. I respect your decision to think it through and not do something that can have life changing consequences. My wives family is all Canadian and have since moved to the states. When they found out that I carry and shoot for recreation, I think they were a little taken aback. With the crazy turns the world has taken, they decide to have a gun in the house and be well trained isn't so crazy and have been shooting and training a lot lately.
Appreciate 5
scostu1621.00
r33_RGSport12912.50
      04-18-2022, 07:05 PM   #145
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _22_m3_ View Post
Notice my first inclination is to avoid all of this. I don't want to deal with the legal repercussions or emotional trauma that comes from a situation like this but I also refuse to just be a sitting duck while some psycho attempts to harm me and my wife.
Wisdom..........
      08-06-2022, 12:17 PM   #146
Civil
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Trying to figure out which Sig p365 models fits in that cubby under the dash. Will the X or XL fit? If only the p365 fits, does it with a 12-round mag? My hands are too big for the standard p365.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 04:39 PM   #147
X3MCSTV
Rep
Drives: X3MC

For those who drive around with guns in their car, how often are going to the shooting range to maintain your aim? I've heard if you aren't going often your aim will suck
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 05:27 PM   #148
Travisbach2381
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MCSTV View Post
For those who drive around with guns in their car, how often are going to the shooting range to maintain your aim? I've heard if you aren't going often your aim will suck
If this is a serious question. Personally, range twice a month, qualifications twice a year, carry daily for my job.
Appreciate 1
X3MCSTV60.50
      08-06-2022, 05:27 PM   #149
Vettethret
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MCSTV View Post
I go to the range once a week, and 10mm rounds ain't cheap! You better be highly proficient in your shooting, the last thing you want to do is Kill an innocent bystander should you need to use your firearm. Aside from the legal ramifications, having that on your conscious for the rest of your life...

I've been collecting 10mm's lately, nothing better than a 10mm 1911 with Hydra-shoks, so much fun!
Attached Images

21X10 21X11.5 Vossen HF5, 285/325 MPSS, H&R springs, 11mm Spacers, RK Tunes intake, Armorextend AE Design Carbon Fiber Front Lip, Rachip GTS Black with XLR, ALi Baba cat back, Carbon interior...
Appreciate 2
X3MCSTV60.50
scostu1621.00
      08-18-2022, 12:04 PM   #150
Nyc_driv3r
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Brooklyn Grey X3mc

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by leorod_rn View Post
Here's a pic for reference 😎
Didn't think about this. Nice
      08-19-2022, 06:30 PM   #151
DFTBA
Private First Class
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: BMW F83

Garage List
No offence guys, but this is the most American thread ever

Owning guns myself, so realllllly no offence.
Appreciate 3
      12-07-2022, 03:08 AM   #152
JoeannLMiller
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Its really great Magnetic Mount to keep firearm safe & secure in a car.
https://www.online-gunstore.com/
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 06:33 AM   #153
competitionorbust
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M

What a bunch of pussies.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 06:48 AM   #154
competitionorbust
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M

Quote:
How's the Blue Oyster nightlife?
Ha guys like you always trying to get sucked off in the mens shower....
Appreciate 0