BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-27-2018, 07:48 PM   #23
GoVikings
GoVikings
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_2get View Post
I have a non-M, 2015 xline Canadian version. I bought double slat gloss black at amazon. I had my roof wrapped gloss black to match. I think double slat is a subtle mod on a non-M, that can easily be reverted back to OEM grill should I change my mind..
Nice! any opinion on the gloss double slat in carbon fiber frame? (if there is some CF to match on side mirrors)?

I noticed your black and white BMW hood emblem, looks great. Are you happy with that? I am thinking of B&W CF emblems
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 03:52 AM   #24
ez_2get
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i e90 - 2015 X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVikings View Post
Nice! any opinion on the gloss double slat in carbon fiber frame? (if there is some CF to match on side mirrors)?

I noticed your black and white BMW hood emblem, looks great. Are you happy with that? I am thinking of B&W CF emblems
I would've bought carbon fiber gloss double slat, but my concern was the carbon fiber color/pattern/depth might not be exactly the same for the carbon fiber roof wrap. If it's guaranteed that the double slat carbon F would match the carbon F for the roof wrap, I would've went that path.

So to play it safe, I just had all the mod in gloss black. I wouldn't want my car to have carbon fiber here and there, but w/ different pattern/color/depth.