BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Color combos? Give me some suggestions

First, does anyone know if the "special customization options" are up on the build your own yet? if so that means its the sparking bronze and vermilion red are the "special colors" those are available on all the cars, I was expecting something like a M3 orange or an Imola Red or maybe the "Individual colors" that are offered in Europe...

Second, special interior options were mentioned with contrast stitching, I don't see that on the build your own either, BUT there are 2 special colors of Chestnut and Mojave, are those the custom leather? nothing about stitching though and the photo doesn't look like contrast stitching.

So to the original point of this thread, color combos?
What do you guys think? I am looking to get a non black or beige leather but wanted opinions on combos that could work. the oyster and deep blue is beautiful, I have seen that in person on the Z4, what about oyster and the red? What exterior colors would go well with the special mojave or chestnut leathers?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
First, does anyone know if the "special customization options" are up on the build your own yet? if so that means its the sparking bronze and vermilion red are the "special colors" those are available on all the cars, I was expecting something like a M3 orange or an Imola Red or maybe the "Individual colors" that are offered in Europe...

Second, special interior options were mentioned with contrast stitching, I don't see that on the build your own either, BUT there are 2 special colors of Chestnut and Mojave, are those the custom leather? nothing about stitching though and the photo doesn't look like contrast stitching.

So to the original point of this thread, color combos?
What do you guys think? I am looking to get a non black or beige leather but wanted opinions on combos that could work. the oyster and deep blue is beautiful, I have seen that in person on the Z4, what about oyster and the red? What exterior colors would go well with the special mojave or chestnut leathers?
I ordered a x35i jet black, chestnut and fine line wave wood - the darker one. I do not believe the chestnut has contrast stitching. I like the color contrast and the dark carpet. I ordered a 2007 328i jet black and beige leatherette a while back and regret not getting a darker interior. I like the oyster best but know it would be difficult to keep clean.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
maestroX2
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
I ordered a x35i jet black, chestnut and fine line wave wood - the darker one. I do not believe the chestnut has contrast stitching. I like the color contrast and the dark carpet. I ordered a 2007 328i jet black and beige leatherette a while back and regret not getting a darker interior. I like the oyster best but know it would be difficult to keep clean.

We ordered Space Gray, Mojave & fine line wave. Actually wife picked the color. Kinda skeptical about Mojave but we prefer not to get black leather. Too common. Chesnut will only look good with darker exterior. Oyster or Beige with baby & toddler is a recipe for disaster.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 05:56 AM   #4
mike185
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 X28i ; M235i xdrive Convert

Garage List
I put my order in yesterday Titanium Silver with Chestnut ,Fineline wave
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
mach330
You don't know JACK!!!
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

i just ordered mine. alpine white. i was really debating over the black leather (with wave) or chestnut with aluminum (i didn't think chestnut looked good with either wood). in the end i wasn't quite sure about chestnut so i got black.

edit: actually im still torn on chestnut/wave wood or black/wave wood. is there any actual pix i can see somewhere? this is so hard.

Last edited by mach330; 11-24-2010 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0