BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #1
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Talking **NEW** VRSF X3/X4 Intercooler, Downpipe & Charge Pipe

VRSF 5" Street HD Intercooler FMIC Upgrade Kit 10-18 BMW X3 35iX, X4 35iX & X4 M40iX F25 F26 N55

VRSF Intercooler Upgrade Kit
for your 2010 - 2018 BMW X3 35iX, X4 35iX & X4 M40iX F25 F26 with the N55 engine.
Replace your inefficient factory intercooler with a VRSF upgraded intercooler kit to get the most out of your N55. Our intercoolers are designed to be the best performing, direct bolt on intercoolers available for your BMW with special attention to quality and performance while maintaining a reasonable price. Each VRSF intercooler includes our proprietary High Density fin pack which results in higher HP gains compared to the other guys, mainly due to our incredibly dense internal and external fin pack. Our core was engineered to offer a greater overall surface area for increased heat absorption as well as dissipation.

VRSF HD Intercooler Core
The most important component of any intercooler is the core. The core cools the charged air from the turbo before it enters the engine and the OEM BMW tube and fin intercooler is designed to support low boost levels and air flow. When tuned, airflow and boost levels are increased significantly. This causes the OEM intercooler to heat soak and reduces HP and increases the chance of pre-detonation.

We remedy this problem with our proprietary, high density bar and plate intercooler core which utilizes a staggered and offset internal and external fin pack. The VRSF HD core has been carefully balanced to provide the the best intake temperature reduction while maintaining minimal pressure drop. The VRSF HD core is also much more durable than the OEM tube and fin core, with a better ability to withstand rocks and other debris.

The VRSF Street HD Intercooler is comprised of an incredibly dense fin pack both internally and externally. It's not uncommon to see intake temperatures drop at the end of a 3rd gear pull due to the Street HD's larger overall surface area. You can expect to see an intake temperature reduction on a stock turbo, full bolt on car during a 3rd gear pull which is why we the Street HD is THE best option for your N55. Please note that the HD fin pack is now standard at no extra charge!

Installation & Construction
We include everything required to replace the OEM intercooler on your X3 35iX, X4 35iX & X4 M40iX. All VRSF intercoolers feature tabs that allow the retention of the factory fan shroud and our CFD optimized cast end tanks are designed to work with both the OEM intercooler piping as well as any aftermarket charge pipe that adapts to the OEM FMIC. After each intercooler is pressure tested, we then apply a thermal dispersant coating which ensure a leak free experience along with superior protection against the elements. Our intercoolers fit both Left Hand Drive (LHD) & Right Hand Drive (RHD) Models as well as all XI models.

Features
  • Proprietary VRSF HD bar & plate core.
  • CFD optimized cast end tanks.
  • 87% larger than the OEM intercooler.
  • Quick and easy install (less than 1.5 hours)
  • Compatible with both OEM and aftermarket charge pipes.
  • Thermal heat dispersent for added durability.
  • Includes lifetime warranty
  • Dimensions: 21" x 8.5" x 5"

This item fits the following BMWs:
  • 2009 - 2018 F25 BMW X3 35i & 35iX N55
  • 2013 - 2018 F26 BMW X4 35i & 35iX N55
  • 2018 - 2019 F25 BMW X4 M40i & M40iX N55

VRSF Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit 10-18 BMW X3 35iX, X4 35iX & X4 M40iX F25 F26 N55

VRSF Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit
for your 2010 - 2018 BMW X3 35iX, X4 35iX & X4 M40iX F25 F26 with the N55 engine.
Increase throttle response and decreases turbo lag with the VRSF Charge Pipe Upgrade for your F25/F26 BMW X3 35iX, X4 35iX & X4 M40iX. Every VRSF Charge Pipe is constructed from mandrel bent, T6061 grade aluminum including the flanges. Each flange is precision machined from CNC billet aluminum, including the throttle body, intercooler and vacuum connections. After these are welded, they're test fitted on multiple jigs in order to ensure proper fitment and a reliable, leak free connection.

Each VRSF charge pipe is finished in a durable wrinkle black powdercoated finish that blends in perfectly with the engine bay. We also include one plugged 1/8" NPT bung that can be used for methanol injection, boost leak testing or as a boost source. The OEM charge pipe is prone to failure at both stock and tuned boost levels which is why we include everything necessary to replace your flimsy OEM chargepipe including high quality, 4-ply silicone couplers as well as stainless steel t-bolt clamps.

Additionally, we offer and recommend replacement throttle body c-clips and o-rings in case your original clip and gasket are lost or worn.

Features:
  • Increase throttle response and decreases turbo lag.
  • Durable wrinkle black powder coated finish.
  • 4 ply silicone connectors & stainless steel t-bolt clamps included.
  • Constructed from T6061 mandrel bent, tig welded aluminum.
  • Includes a 1/8" NPT bungs for meth/water injection.
  • Throttle body matched 3" piping.
  • Billet precision machined CNC flanges for a leak-free connection.
  • Includes everything necessary to upgrade from factory charge pipe.
  • Lifetime warranty.

• 2009 - 2018 F25 BMW X3 35i & 35iX N55
  • 2013 - 2018 F26 BMW X4 35i & 35iX N55
  • 2018 - 2019 F25 BMW X4 M40i & M40iX N55

VRSF Catless & High Flow Catted Downpipe for 2015 - 2018 BMW X4 M40i & M40iX N55 F26

We are proud to introduce our VRSF Upgraded Downpipe for your F26 X4 M40i/M40iX. This downpipe is THE best bang for the buck power mod available and it is available in either a catless configuration or you can opt for our 200-cell high flow sport cat configuration. Back pressure is signficantly reduced when eliminating the restrictive catalytic converter in the factory downpipe which results in faster spool, increased horsepower & a more aggressive exhaust note.

Every VRSF downpipe is constructed from mandrel-bent, SS304 grade stainless steel and our flanges are precision machined in order to ensure proper fitment every time. We also include a lifetime warranty as well as our "No Hassle" satisfaction guarantee (including fitment). For ultimate performance, we offer Cerakote's best thermal barrier coating which helps keep the hot air inside the exhaust and out of the engine bay which decreases overall intake air temps along with engine and transmission oil temps. This High Temperature Ceramic Coating is made to withstand temperatures up to 1800F

Note: While we do offer a lifetime warranty on the downpipes, we only offer a 1 year warranty on the ceramic coating and high flow cat.

VRSF Catless & Catted BMW X4 M40i/M40iX N55 Stainless Steel Downpipe
  • Made from mandrel bent, tig welded 304 grade stainless steel.
  • Smooth radius bends decrease turbulence and increase flow.
  • 200 cell high-flow sport cat & catless options available.
  • Precision machined CNC flanges made from SS304.
  • Gains from 20-25hp with tune.
  • VRSF Lifetime Warranty

• 2015 - 2018 F26 BMW X4 M40i/M40iX N55

VRSF Stainless Steel Catless Downpipe N55 11-18 BMW X3 35i & X4 35i F25/F26

VRSF 3.5" Stainless Steel Downpipes
For your 2011-2017 BMW X3 & 2014-2018 X4 with the N55 Engine

We are proud to introduce our VRSF 3.5" downpipe for your N55 F25/F26 BMW X3 & X4. This direct bolt on downpipe is THE best bang for the buck mod available for your BMW. By eliminating the restrictive catalytic converter in the factory downpipe, back pressure is reduced significantly which results in faster spool, an increase in power & a more aggressive exhaust note. We also offer a catted version of this downpipe which features a 200 cell high flow catalytic converter which offers the same increase in exhaust note, faster spool with a slight difference in HP. Both options will fits RHD and LHD models with no modification necessary.

This downpipe features a full 3.5" stainless steel design and is hand crafted from SS304 grade stainless steel. Like all VRSF products we also include a lifetime warranty as well as our "No Hassle" satisfaction guarantee which includes fitment and defects. We also offer ceramic coating services on the catless downpipe which utilizes Cerakote's High Temperature Ceramic Coating, made to withstand temperatures up to 1800F.

Please note that the warranty on the catted downpipe is limited to two years. The warranty on the ceramic coating is limited to 1 year while the downpipe itself includes a lifetime guarantee.

Note: Will only fit PWG cars with 3.5" downpipe outlet. Please contact us with the last 7 of your VIN if you need assistance confirming fitment.

VRSF 3.5" X3 & X4 F25/F26 N55 Stainless Steel Downpipe
Made from hand crafted, tig welded 3.5" 304 grade stainless steel.
Available with a 200 cell high flow cat.
Fits RHD and LHD models with no modification neccessary.
Direct bolt-on application with no cutting necessary.
Smooth radius bends to decrease turbulence and increase flow.
Fits the stock catback as well as all aftermarket catbacks.
Gains from 20-25hp with tune.
VRSF Lifetime Warranty
Model Number: N55-F25-DP

Applications:
  • 2011-2014 BMW X3 xDrive35i F25 w/Pneumatic Wastegate
  • 2014-2015 BMW X4 xDrive35i F26 w/Pneumatic Wastegate

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
Bufalo124.00
      11-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #2
TheCoolX3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X3 35i M-Sport

Garage List
Awesome to see! When will the VRSF Race FMIC be available for X3/X4 35i models?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
E90705
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90/F25 M-sport

That X3 in the video 👍🏼😉
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 01:18 AM   #4
doodlebro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X3 35i

Bought one of the intercoolers direct from VRSF... Hoping fitment is easy!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #5
Bufalo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Very interested to hear how it goes. Considering the same upgrades on my '17.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #6
venomnightrider
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i, e36m3, f25 x3 35, f80 x5

I'll be installing all 3 by spring.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 11:48 AM   #7
Long_Wang
Mr Wonderful
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Do you guys sell a discounted "kit" of all 3 together?
      12-21-2018, 07:34 AM   #8
hardparker
Father of Frankenfold
Rep
Drives: Yo daddy's 2014 X3 M Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [0.00]
2014 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebro View Post
Bought one of the intercoolers direct from VRSF... Hoping fitment is easy!
Good luck with your install and let us know what you find. I've fit a couple of different F30 intercoolers (first Phoenix, now VRSF Race) to my car. The single bolt mounting point on the bracket and the bracket's placement are what are less than ideal. I had to fab up adapters to drop the intercooler down about 3/4" and adapt the two hole stock mounting to the single hole mount one the intercooler.

Then, of course, the charge pipe length changes, requiring longer silicone hump hose to get the extra length and compensate for the misalignment.

If that's been rectified for the X3 fitment (doesn't look like it) and it's a drop-in install, that would be awesome for you guys. If not, VRSF should send me a Christmas prezzy for the R&D consulting.
      12-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #9
doodlebro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardparker View Post
Good luck with your install and let us know what you find. I've fit a couple of different F30 intercoolers (first Phoenix, now VRSF Race) to my car. The single bolt mounting point on the bracket and the bracket's placement are what are less than ideal. I had to fab up adapters to drop the intercooler down about 3/4" and adapt the two hole stock mounting to the single hole mount one the intercooler.

Then, of course, the charge pipe length changes, requiring longer silicone hump hose to get the extra length and compensate for the misalignment.

If that's been rectified for the X3 fitment (doesn't look like it) and it's a drop-in install, that would be awesome for you guys. If not, VRSF should send me a Christmas prezzy for the R&D consulting.
I will definitely make a thread for the install.

From the parts box, it looks like VRSF is doing something very similar to your brackets, so we'll see how the charge pipe fitment works out. I do have an FTP chargepipe, so I'm hoping it has enough room, otherwise I'll need to source a longer silicone connector.

Need to get this thing powdercoated lightly so it keeps things looking stock, but after that I'll be eager to do the install and finish off my bolt ons
Appreciate 0