BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-16-2020, 06:12 PM   #45
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
...I see what you are saying, but I bet alot more people use a Ferrari for what it's been designed for vs. using a Raptor for what it's been designed for. Would you go out and pay $60K++ for a truck and then go beat the hell out of it offroad? Probably not. There are a lot more people that spend a fortune for a Ferrari, and then take it out on the road/track and put it through it's paces.
I mean, i think you're right that most owners of Raptors aren't jumping the things 2 feet in the air and taking it to its maximum capabilities.

But I do think most owners have probably pounded a gravel road in one while going faster than they would in another vehicle.

Just like how I don't think most F40 owners have really driven their car at 10/10ths, hunting for that last tenth of a second on a track. Instead they're out there on the road experiencing small doses of what made the car legendary, or driving on the track at 7/10ths, because good god, you're not going to risk your million dollar plus F40 hunting for lap times or drifting or something.

I think most Raptor owners have probably done stuff that were well below the limits of the truck, but still probably close to the limits of what another, less capable vehicle could do.

But also, it's cool if you don't like them, not everything is for everybody. I don't own one and I wouldn't really want to as I don't have the space for any full sized truck. Just saying that I get the appeal.
Appreciate 0