BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-12-2020, 08:43 AM   #1
Adrianx3
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3 2005

Hey guys so I have dealt with this car so much since last November 2019. Its a 2005 BMW x3 3.0i. I was going on the interstate and i accelerated I was going fast , next thing I knew when I took the exit I noticed the car had lost power and it reved alot to go faster than 20 MPH or I have to press all the way into the gas pedal to go up a little uneven road. I got the famous triad of lights. So immediately I researched and learned about the bearing inside the 4x4 actuator and i opened it and it wasn't worn out. Then I even changed transmission oil, filter, and solenoids. I don't remember why I did that but At that time i knew it could of been that from reading forums. Then I changed brake pads. Nothing. Then I learned about the abs pump, if that was the problem im pretty much just going to throw the whole car away because its expensive and has to be programmed. Then I decided to check the fuses, none of them were bad, I didn't know about the ones under the hood and I found one that was bad! Its the dark green on picture . I changed the fuse and the car goes back to normal lights go off but seconds later It goes into the limp mode again. Fuse blowns and lights come on. Its a 30 amp so I changed it to a 40 just to experiment and the car runs longer normal but still blows it up. Does anybody know what this fuse is? Anybody had the same problem? I really dont want to just give up on this car even though I had so much trouble with it but i have learned so much about bmw.. I had even learned to code a new key. I just have invested so much money to it. Also since its an electrical problem. The car battery would die if it wasnt used for like 4+ days but I could never find the problem. I don't know if it can be connected . [IMG][/IMG]

I really appreciate you all reading this
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 10:12 AM   #2
bmdubya1198
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39/E46/E53/E30...

So this fuse is for the O2 sensors? I would check the wiring and make sure there aren't any exposed wires that could be grounding and causing the fuse to blow/melt.
2007 335i/6 (brother's)
2006 330i (sold)
Appreciate 0