BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-02-2021, 03:12 PM   #133
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

A contact I have at BMWNA informed me that the Icon LED/Laser headlights will not be offered as an option on the '22s, not sure if that has to do with supply issues or what, when I pressed to understand why I was just told, sorry...I just hope nothing else becomes "unavailable" once these guides come out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngc_choop View Post
Set to be built in Week 31 .

'22 X3M Competition
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Tartufo Extended Merino Leather
Exec Package
892M Wheels

Was unable to add the Laser Lights and change our brake caliper color but hoping we have the option before it goes into production!

Also, got the $500 off from loyalty discount!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 03:13 PM   #134
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

Cool, thanks for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Got it!

FYI, new programs available here.

Official X3M / X4M Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1620929

Not that bad. 56% 36/10 residual. Only $500 loyalty. No word on MF yet, I'll start looking around to see if I find anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 06:09 PM   #135
wifesnewbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 3 series 328Xi

f82fanatic: Glad to hear about your car and potential "due" date. And thanks for keeping after the Price and/or Order Guide.
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      07-02-2021, 06:44 PM   #136
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
A contact I have at BMWNA informed me that the Icon LED/Laser headlights will not be offered as an option on the '22s, not sure if that has to do with supply issues or what, when I pressed to understand why I was just told, sorry...I just hope nothing else becomes "unavailable" once these guides come out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngc_choop View Post
Set to be built in Week 31 .

'22 X3M Competition
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Tartufo Extended Merino Leather
Exec Package
892M Wheels

Was unable to add the Laser Lights and change our brake caliper color but hoping we have the option before it goes into production!

Also, got the $500 off from loyalty discount!
Thank you for the update everyone. I'm just keeping my eyes open for the pricing/ordering guide before I place an order. Just patiently waiting and it's killing me inside.

For sure a bummer if calipers, laser headlights, and remote start is not available.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 09:10 PM   #137
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
whats the difference between the laser lights and the adaptive LED (in terms of actual design)?

im checking the press release and weirdly enough, there is absolutely no mentioning of laser lights whatsoever. i only assumed laser lights would be available because of the PR pictures… (both the normal X3 and X3M have the blue trim, the X4 and X4M have blacked out trim). the shapes of the angel eyes as well as the lenses (projectors) look the same between the two as well.

anyway, spoke with the sales manager that i’ll be working with. he was transparent and was hesitant on giving definitive answers to all these questions since order guides still arent out. im gonna wait on ordering until i know what im getting into… as of now, seems like digital key is definitely out. laser lights are a big question mark. remote start is available though.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:51 PM   #138
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

The LaserHL are mentioned in the PR pictures as an option (attached), this is why I also assumed they would be available since it says it pretty clearly that they would be available as an optional extra.

From what I have gathered, it looks like design wise the head lights look pretty much the same, outside of the blue accents that the laser ones have, it looks like the shape of the DRLs will be the same on both, unlike the DRLs on the M3/M4 which actually look different. Functionally, the laser lights provide better visibility when the high beams are used, outside of that they seem to be the same. So if that is the case, not having them as an option is probably no big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
whats the difference between the laser lights and the adaptive LED (in terms of actual design)?

im checking the press release and weirdly enough, there is absolutely no mentioning of laser lights whatsoever. i only assumed laser lights would be available because of the PR pictures… (both the normal X3 and X3M have the blue trim, the X4 and X4M have blacked out trim). the shapes of the angel eyes as well as the lenses (projectors) look the same between the two as well.

anyway, spoke with the sales manager that i’ll be working with. he was transparent and was hesitant on giving definitive answers to all these questions since order guides still arent out. im gonna wait on ordering until i know what im getting into… as of now, seems like digital key is definitely out. laser lights are a big question mark. remote start is available though.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:52 PM   #139
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:

anyway, spoke with the sales manager that i'll be working with. he was transparent and was hesitant on giving definitive answers to all these questions since order guides still arent out. im gonna wait on ordering until i know what im getting into… as of now, seems like digital key is definitely out. laser lights are a big question mark. remote start is available though.
Quote:

anyway, spoke with the sales manager that i'll be working with. he was transparent and was hesitant on giving definitive answers to all these questions since order guides still arent out. im gonna wait on ordering until i know what im getting into… as of now, seems like digital key is definitely out. laser lights are a big question mark. remote start is available though.
https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/03/15/g...ies-explained/
Appreciate 1
Max Well4690.50
      07-03-2021, 07:55 AM   #140
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

Congrats folks, lots of week 31 builds! Great specs too.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 09:36 AM   #141
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Congrats folks, lots of week 31 builds! Great specs too.
I think it's all of us that got the first group of allocations. Looks like we are in the first week of production of X3Ms!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 09:46 AM   #142
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 340iRN View Post
I know the difference between LED and LASER… i was specifically asking about the design of the angel eyes for the F97 LCI since they are usually different designs for the other models (e.g. 3er, 4er, X5, etc.).

Quote:
The LaserHL are mentioned in the PR pictures as an option (attached), this is why I also assumed they would be available since it says it pretty clearly that they would be available as an optional extra.

From what I have gathered, it looks like design wise the head lights look pretty much the same, outside of the blue accents that the laser ones have, it looks like the shape of the DRLs will be the same on both, unlike the DRLs on the M3/M4 which actually look different.

that’s what I assumed. I couldn’t find any other design differentiation between LED and Laser other than the blue trim. They both look largely the same, which is good IMO since it looks like we won’t be getting them for MY2022. the BMWNA PR have no mention of the laser lights. only the international ones do (like the picture you posted which represents the European market).
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #143
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I know the difference between LED and LASER… i was specifically asking about the design of the angel eyes for the F97 LCI since they are usually different designs for the other models (e.g. 3er, 4er, X5, etc.).

Quote:

From what I have gathered, it looks like design wise the head lights look pretty much the same, outside of the blue accents that the laser ones have, it looks like the shape of the DRLs will be the same on both, unlike the DRLs on the M3/M4 which actually look different.

that’s what I assumed. I couldn’t find any other design differentiation between LED and Laser other than the blue trim. They both look largely the same, which is good IMO since it looks like we won’t be getting them for MY2022. the BMWNA PR have no mention of the laser lights. only the international ones do (like the picture you posted which represents the European market).
Yeah. That's the info/pics that we have right now. It looks like it's just the blue accent, but no way to know until we get more answers from. BMW in the US. Why are they so damn slow???

I still haven't been able to see a non competition X3M. I want to see how the chrome looks on the car, at least to figure out what it'll look like while I wait to get the black parts to replace the chrome.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 10:01 AM   #144
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

Yep, they make sure to note "European model shown" on their pictures...
Which is funny to me because these X series all happen to be manufactured here in Greer SC!!

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 10:05 AM   #145
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

I hear ya, this lack of info is driving me crazy which makes it worse since I am not particularly a patient dude...first world problems I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Yeah. That's the info/pics that we have right now. It looks like it's just the blue accent, but no way to know until we get more answers from. BMW in the US. Why are they so damn slow???

I still haven't been able to see a non competition X3M. I want to see how the chrome looks on the car, at least to figure out what it'll look like while I wait to get the black parts to replace the chrome.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 10:54 AM   #146
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

Garage List
For the lights design differences, you got the blue accent and the chrome/clear for the laser vs black shadow line on the led.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 02:09 PM   #147
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

My dealer is having his manager build mine as he has access to the configurator yet no prices yet. They have no ordering guide or price guide either. I'm hoping to get a build production week a month from now. I put money down for an allocation last month when BMW wouldn't take my 2021 order. Excited.

Still on the fence with whether or not to get ventilated sport seats. Everywhere I look makes it sound terrible, but I think these are the first sport seats with ventilation and may be better. Thoughts?
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      07-03-2021, 04:05 PM   #148
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

I am getting them, for the price why not? I am hoping something is better than nothing.

Quote:
My dealer is having his manager build mine as he has access to the configurator yet no prices yet. They have no ordering guide or price guide either. I'm hoping to get a build production week a month from now. I put money down for an allocation last month when BMW wouldn't take my 2021 order. Excited.

Still on the fence with whether or not to get ventilated sport seats. Everywhere I look makes it sound terrible, but I think these are the first sport seats with ventilation and may be better. Thoughts?
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN174.50
      07-03-2021, 04:24 PM   #149
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:

What worries you about getting them? They are actually pretty good if you live in a hot weather spot and your back sweats. That's what it helps with.

Only thing I didn't like when I had them before (on a Porsche) is that the seats look different.
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN174.50
      07-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #150
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
My dealer is having his manager build mine as he has access to the configurator yet no prices yet. ... Still on the fence with whether or not to get ventilated sport seats. Everywhere I look makes it sound terrible, but I think these are the first sport seats with ventilation and may be better. Thoughts?
Think you might be confusing the G01 X3M40i ventilated seats when they first came out? They didn't have bolsters and the support was lacking. But if you're referring to whether they blow cold air upwards vs drawing back-side air down, it seems to be the latter, but they are effective at that (IMO).

My wife and I have them on our X3MCs and would re-order. Major improvement in seat-body contact areas with perspiration vs non-ventilated, especially on long trips. Note our location is significantly different than yours re: climate, but they help in comfort (5 hr drive today in mid-80s temps and zero issues in that regards).
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN174.50
      07-03-2021, 05:40 PM   #151
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Quote:
My dealer is having his manager build mine as he has access to the configurator yet no prices yet. ... Still on the fence with whether or not to get ventilated sport seats. Everywhere I look makes it sound terrible, but I think these are the first sport seats with ventilation and may be better. Thoughts?
Think you might be confusing the G01 X3M40i ventilated seats when they first came out? They didn't have bolsters and the support was lacking. But if you're referring to whether they blow cold air upwards vs drawing back-side air down, it seems to be the latter, but they are effective at that (IMO).

My wife and I have them on our X3MCs and would re-order. Major improvement in seat-body contact areas with perspiration vs non-ventilated, especially on long trips. Note our location is significantly different than yours re: climate, but they help in comfort (5 hr drive today in mid-80s temps and zero issues in that regards).
Thank you all for clarifying. I was apparently confusing the X3M seats with the x3 m40 seats. I'm glad I don't have to choose between sport seats and vented because the sport seats are sharp and it will be my first M so I want it as good as it can get; hopefully this chip shortage doesn't hinder my options. I'm still seeing laser lights and HK available in UK so they better be available here! I do wish we could choose those carbon sport seats the m3/m4 get. I also hope the carbon package is more elaborate than that which is offered in the UK.

Always thought my first M would be m3 or m4 but didn't like that front end and I think I'll have less anxiety in the northeast with snow given I'm a travel ICU nurse. The 2018 340 with the BMW tune and sound kit kept me happy but I want m power
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 02:02 PM   #152
M3Pilot09
Captain
United_States
Rep

X3MC

Loved my 2020 X3M

Love my 2021 X3MC I am driving now.

Excited to finally order my 2022 X3MC in BGM
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      07-05-2021, 02:08 PM   #153
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Pilot09 View Post
Loved my 2020 X3M

We got another one! So, what week did you get?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 02:19 PM   #154
Klazu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Pilot09 View Post
Loved my 2020 X3M

How much money does one lose changing cars every year? I guess you don't tune or modify your cars?
Appreciate 0