BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-04-2023, 10:07 PM   #1
JamesInSJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Driver airbag (SRS) light on dash - no codes - any thoughts?

Already had the passenger side airbag sensor pad recall done.

Recently, have had water coming in through door card and soaking driver side rear carpet, and just a bit on driver side carpet. My son accidentally let a USB type A connector drip into the cigarette socket and shorted fuse 47. Replaced that, but still have the airbag light.

No codes stored or pending. Fuse 11 for SRS is fine. Any ideas? Is there a driver seat occupancy pad? No indication that the clock spring is bad. I think I may have had a driver side airbag recall done 2 years ago or so, but if I did that is resolved, unless a connector came loose.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 03:27 PM   #2
collinsexton
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0si

Any other codes? I have a bad tone ring on an axle which in turn is throwing off the right rear wheel speed. It's causing the ABS, Brake, and 4x4 lights, and also the Airbag light due to that fault (it comes up as a communication issue).

From what I remember there is an airbag module directly under the center console. I had recently replaced my rear carpet and mine was caked with dirt and dust. Might give that a look.

I don't believe there is a driver side occupancy pad, the passenger side is just used to measure weight to enable/disable the passenger airbag accordingly. What kind of scan tool are you using? I've had some that claim they pull airbag codes but don't, and then I plug in my Autel MS906 and there is some.
Appreciate 0