BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-15-2019, 12:22 PM   #331
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike72uk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPepper View Post
I've just been told my car is at 6000, so should be heading to the port soon and so I've been trying to work out how/when it's coming to the UK.

Can't find a boat coming to the UK, and only found one RoRo from Durban to Bremerhaven on http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx (the "Mercury Ace", departing 23rd October, arriving Bremerhaven 14th November).

So, couple of questions please...
(1) are there any other sites to check (couldn't see any going on this route - WW, etc)
(2) Do the South African built cars get unloaded at Bremerhaven and then get put onto another ship before coming over to the UK? (presuming Southampton?)
(3) Is there a link to the Durban Port website mentioned above please? I'm guessing this needs the VIN number?

Thanks.
Thats great news Red,

As far as I know, these are the UK Order status codes:
1100 Scheduled
1200 Scheduled for Production
5000 Confirmed for Production
5050 Chassis Number Allocated
5055 Confirmed by Production Control
5100 Bodyshop Start
5190 Bodyshop Complete
5200 Paintshop Start
5260/5270 Paintshop Complete
5300 Pre-Assembly Start
5400 Assembly Start
5500 Assembly Complete
6000 Transfer to Distribution
8200 Released to Carrier
9000 Departed Plant
9605 Pre EU port of exit.
9610/20/30/40/50/60 In Transit
9615/35/45 In Storage
9620 At sea
9630 Port of Entry
9650 Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer
9660 Dispatched to BMW Dealership
9800 Arrived Dealer

Once you hit 9000, it's effectively left the plant and is making it's way to the ship for the journey north. If it mirrors US built cars, it'll stay at 9000 through the trip to Durban Port, the entire ship journey up to Bremerhaven and only once she has passed through Bremerhaven will the status change.

Mine went to 9610 - Port of Exit after the ship hit Bremerhaven, then 9620 - At Sea on the journey from Bremerhaven to Southampton. After unloading, it sat at 9630 - Port of Entry for about 5 days (I believe this was whilst waiting customs clearance).

As soon as the status hist 9645, your dealer then has to call it off and lBMW Logistics sort out the transportation to the dealership.

For ref in terms timescales, mine hit 9000 on 10th Sept and only changed to 9610 around 1st October ( I think I managed to work out what ship she ended up being on from Charleston and it departed on the 14th Sept), and 9630 on 6th October. Took until Thursday 10th to change to 9645 and it arrived at the dealer today I believe, for me to collect tomorrow.
Got a peek of mine today ahead of my weekend collection... (just exterior)!

Have to wait till the weekend to see my interior which will be the best surprise
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #332
RedPepper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4 M40d

Quote:
Once you hit 9000, it's effectively left the plant and is making it's way to the ship for the journey north. If it mirrors US built cars, it'll stay at 9000 through the trip to Durban Port, the entire ship journey up to Bremerhaven and only once she has passed through Bremerhaven will the status change.

Mine went to 9610 - Port of Exit after the ship hit Bremerhaven, then 9620 - At Sea on the journey from Bremerhaven to Southampton. After unloading, it sat at 9630 - Port of Entry for about 5 days (I believe this was whilst waiting customs clearance).
Oh no - so there's no differentiation between the car having left the plant, sitting dockside or on a boat from South Africa? In theory it could not be on the boat on the 23rd and I'd have no idea based on these codes? I'll just have to hope the other link for shipping details based on the VIN works!!

Quote:
For ref in terms timescales, mine hit 9000 on 10th Sept and only changed to 9610 around 1st October ( I think I managed to work out what ship she ended up being on from Charleston and it departed on the 14th Sept), and 9630 on 6th October. Took until Thursday 10th to change to 9645 and it arrived at the dealer today I believe, for me to collect tomorrow.
Yay!! I (and probably more than a few others) have been watching this thread with interest... if we can't have our cars just yet, we can anticipate yours, so really looking forward to seeing all these week 36 cars over the next few days!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 01:21 PM   #333
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochview View Post

Have to wait till the weekend to see my interior which will be the best surprise
I wanna see those seats too! Trouble is with photos the white balance rarely works with Tartufo or Cognac. You'll love the seats!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 01:35 PM   #334
dylan1357
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've just been told my car is at 6000, so should be heading to the port soon and so I've been trying to work out how/when it's coming to the UK.

Can't find a boat coming to the UK, and only found one RoRo from Durban to Bremerhaven on http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx (the "Mercury Ace", departing 23rd October, arriving Bremerhaven 14th November).

So, couple of questions please...
(1) are there any other sites to check (couldn't see any going on this route - WW, etc)
(2) Do the South African built cars get unloaded at Bremerhaven and then get put onto another ship before coming over to the UK? (presuming Southampton?)
(3) Is there a link to the Durban Port website mentioned above please? I'm guessing this needs the VIN number?

Thanks.
Thats great news Red,

As far as I know, these are the UK Order status codes:
1100 Scheduled
1200 Scheduled for Production
5000 Confirmed for Production
5050 Chassis Number Allocated
5055 Confirmed by Production Control
5100 Bodyshop Start
5190 Bodyshop Complete
5200 Paintshop Start
5260/5270 Paintshop Complete
5300 Pre-Assembly Start
5400 Assembly Start
5500 Assembly Complete
6000 Transfer to Distribution
8200 Released to Carrier
9000 Departed Plant
9605 Pre EU port of exit.
9610/20/30/40/50/60 In Transit
9615/35/45 In Storage
9620 At sea
9630 Port of Entry
9650 Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer
9660 Dispatched to BMW Dealership
9800 Arrived Dealer

As soon as the status hist 9645, your dealer then has to call it off and lBMW Logistics sort out the transportation to the dealership.

Looking good!!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 03:30 PM   #335
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (G01) M40i (MY20)

Quote:

Lucky bugger ! She looks fantastic.

I went down to sign the finance papers this evening (2.9% locked in ), ready to collect tomorrow and I didn't even get a peek. There was a mild panic when I walked in as the guy proudly announced that "I've just sent her to the valeters for washing" at which point my face must have said it all, as he immediately followed up with "is there a problem?" which is when I let rip that from the outset I had specifically requested no washing etc and to leave the transportation packaging on yada yada.....even as late as a conversation with my sales guy (who to be fair this chap wasn't as my guy was MIA, having told me I had to come today to sign) on Thursday last week when I re-iterated the request and specifically said don't even wash her.

Needless to say, no notes were made on the file anywhere, but to this guys credit, as he'd only send the instruction about 30 min earlier, he rushed up to their valeting unit (which is some distance from the retail showroom) to put an immediate stop to things, and returned with a rather pleased look as the car wasn't there which mean't that they hadn't started and so the day was saved.....

Quite how they hadn't worked it out given the car had arrived at them with all the packaging and protection still on when they normally get PDI'd at Southampton is another question.

I was needless to say steaming and will be expecting a few extra goodies in the car at collection tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #336
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (G01) M40i (MY20)

Quote:
Oh no - so there's no differentiation between the car having left the plant, sitting dockside or on a boat from South Africa? In theory it could not be on the boat on the 23rd and I'd have no idea based on these codes? I'll just have to hope the other link for shipping details based on the VIN works!!

Yay!! I (and probably more than a few others) have been watching this thread with interest... if we can't have our cars just yet, we can anticipate yours, so really looking forward to seeing all these week 36 cars over the next few days!
Basically yes!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 03:44 PM   #337
rajp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M40i - Blk SAPPHIRE

Quote:
Lucky bugger ! She looks fantastic.

I went down to sign the finance papers this evening (2.9% locked in ), ready to collect tomorrow and I didn't even get a peek. There was a mild panic when I walked in as the guy proudly announced that "I've just sent her to the valeters for washing" at which point my face must have said it all, as he immediately followed up with "is there a problem?" which is when I let rip that from the outset I had specifically requested no washing etc and to leave the transportation packaging on yada yada.....even as late as a conversation with my sales guy (who to be fair this chap wasn't as my guy was MIA, having told me I had to come today to sign) on Thursday last week when I re-iterated the request and specifically said don't even wash her.

Needless to say, no notes were made on the file anywhere, but to this guys credit, as he'd only send the instruction about 30 min earlier, he rushed up to their valeting unit (which is some distance from the retail showroom) to put an immediate stop to things, and returned with a rather pleased look as the car wasn't there which mean't that they hadn't started and so the day was saved.....

Quite how they hadn't worked it out given the car had arrived at them with all the packaging and protection still on when they normally get PDI'd at Southampton is another question.

I was needless to say steaming and will be expecting a few extra goodies in the car at collection tomorrow.
Ahh... I asked my dealer about the 2.9% and he said that it is only for stock cars ordered from 1st Oct and delivered by end of the year.. I will go back and talk to him tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 03:09 AM   #338
RedPepper
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2019 View Post
That site is useful but definitely doesn't tell the whole story. Until the Glovis Star update, I though my car was likely to be on Mercury Ace. I would work on the assumption your car will be on that, be offloaded in Bremerhaven and then put on another ship to Southampton. You should be able to tell depending which week they are expecting dealer delivery. If you're week 50 that would probably work for the Mercury Ace.
Just keep an eye on the Durban RoRo site that you put your VIN information into... http://41.160.4.58:8080/apex/f?p=102:11:::NO::: to confirm where it is. It may take a couple of days before your VIN is put on their system so don't be too concerned if it doesn't show up immediately.
Yesterday there was nothing showing - it couldn't find the VIN - but today it now shows headings for (amongst other things) vessel and voyage! No data under the headings yet, but at least they know the car is coming and I'll get details of the ship. Thanks for the link Andy!

And in other news, my salesman came back from his week off and emailed to confirmed production (which I knew) and the revised monthly payments under the 2.9% APR finance. Really struggling to understand how some dealers are allowing a switch and some aren't. I was just a few days too early for it officially, so maybe there is some leeway allowed to avoid having annoyed customers and I fell into that? But very happy to have a near £60 per month saving.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 08:48 AM   #339
Climb Mode
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Well, similar to another poster, my order has gone from "production begins" to about 7 steps ahead "quality check" all in one day.

Past: MY2017 F30 340iXdrive 6MT
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2019, 09:15 AM   #340
LewiiiD
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Quote:
That site is useful but definitely doesn't tell the whole story. Until the Glovis Star update, I though my car was likely to be on Mercury Ace. I would work on the assumption your car will be on that, be offloaded in Bremerhaven and then put on another ship to Southampton. You should be able to tell depending which week they are expecting dealer delivery. If you're week 50 that would probably work for the Mercury Ace.
Just keep an eye on the Durban RoRo site that you put your VIN information into... http://41.160.4.58:8080/apex/f?p=102:11:::NO::: to confirm where it is. It may take a couple of days before your VIN is put on their system so don't be too concerned if it doesn't show up immediately.
Yesterday there was nothing showing - it couldn't find the VIN - but today it now shows headings for (amongst other things) vessel and voyage! No data under the headings yet, but at least they know the car is coming and I'll get details of the ship. Thanks for the link Andy!

And in other news, my salesman came back from his week off and emailed to confirmed production (which I knew) and the revised monthly payments under the 2.9% APR finance. Really struggling to understand how some dealers are allowing a switch and some aren't. I was just a few days too early for it officially, so maybe there is some leeway allowed to avoid having annoyed customers and I fell into that? But very happy to have a near £60 per month saving.
My dealer today told me he's not been able to change me onto the 2.9%. Apparently a client placed an order 1 day before the change and they haven't been able to either.

Seems really hit and miss. He was disappointed as it's led to fair few cancelled orders. Mine included.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 09:40 AM   #341
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Can't he cancel the order and then magically he'll find a slot already containing a car to your spec...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 09:54 AM   #342
LewiiiD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
Can't he cancel the order and then magically he'll find a slot already containing a car to your spec...
I thought the same. I haven't asked that. Maybe when he comes back to me with a no thats what I'll suggest. Even if it goes into the other half's name, makes no difference to us.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 10:06 AM   #343
RedPepper
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewiiiD View Post
I thought the same. I haven't asked that. Maybe when he comes back to me with a no thats what I'll suggest. Even if it goes into the other half's name, makes no difference to us.
Yes, that was my fallback option if the dealer said no. Just seems like a lot of hassle for everyone (dealer and customer) and I'm sure having to game the system isn't exactly the buying experience BMW would wish for their customers!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 10:59 AM   #344
rajp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

So I did ask the dealer and he said that they will be able to cancel the existing approval and get a new one in place. So should be all good.
      10-16-2019, 11:07 AM   #345
LewiiiD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajp View Post
So I did ask the dealer and he said that they will be able to cancel the existing approval and get a new one in place. So should be all good.
I've just got of the phone to mine. This is what's happening with ours also.

He mentioned quite a few of his customers are in similar positions.

BMW have played a bad card here. Pissing off new / existing customers isn't good PR.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #346
rajp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

BMW have played a bad card here. Pissing off new / existing customers isn't good PR.
My sales person said the same to me too.. they have played this badly and now have to reapply...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #347
Andy2019
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3 M40d

Quote:
According to the Durban port website, my car was loaded onto the Glovis Stella yesterday morning so it looks like cars are actually moving out of South Africa again.
This hopefully puts it into Bremerhaven around 4th November, so week 48 delivery now looks realistic.
For those people that have cars on the Glovis Stella, the ship is heading directly to Bremerhaven now and no other ports of call. ETA is 31st October.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 11:47 AM   #348
LewiiiD
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
According to the Durban port website, my car was loaded onto the Glovis Stella yesterday morning so it looks like cars are actually moving out of South Africa again.
This hopefully puts it into Bremerhaven around 4th November, so week 48 delivery now looks realistic.
For those people that have cars on the Glovis Stella, the ship is heading directly to Bremerhaven now and no other ports of call. ETA is 31st October.
Fab news. Our car is on that vessel. How long would people say until they're in the UK?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #349
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Quote:

These are my thoughts exactly. I'd probably be willing to forfeit the deposit and the car itself
if it comes to that and BMW won't play ball.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 11:57 AM   #350
LewiiiD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaretFozzy View Post
Quote:

These are my thoughts exactly. I'd probably be willing to forfeit the deposit and the car itself
Keep pushing. This has been a widespread issue.

Like you I would have cancelled out of principle. Thankfully we have come to a positive conclusion.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 01:01 PM   #351
rajp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaretFozzy View Post
My sales person said that he had just come out of the meeting with the sales manager and they had so many people complaining about this, that the directive was to offer this to people already on the higher rate.. push it onto them.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 09:45 AM   #352
rajp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Right... my car status has changed to 9610 and Genius chap told me that it will be delivered to my BMW centre on the 29th Oct.. this is great news...
Appreciate 0