BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #67
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestr View Post
Freight and PDI is a not something that can be negotiated as the dealer does not mark that up. The dealer pays the exact Freight & PDI that you pay and passes it on. It is not a gimmick like everything else in the auto buying process... lol
Did anyone suggest it was negotiable?
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #68
nvestr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i - Sold

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Did anyone suggest it was negotiable?
Sorry - guess I misread. I thought some were implying that the dealer was making money off of PDI.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 05:59 PM   #69
nick1212
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport 6MT - Gone soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1212 View Post
I have heard post production around 4 weeks to get the car. Might be a little early but depends on when they can get it on the train and sometimes it sits for up to 10 days waiting to get on a train.
Called BMW CA today and they were able to tell me that production is set for next week and to call back in a week and a half to get an update.
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41906.50
      01-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #70
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 xDrive 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1212 View Post
Called BMW CA today and they were able to tell me that production is set for next week and to call back in a week and a half to get an update.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #71
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 30i

Does anybody know if it means production has just started once the dealer receives the VIN number from the manufacturing plant? I should get a VIN number in 2 or 3 days.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 06:25 PM   #72
nick1212
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport 6MT - Gone soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMooseMan View Post
Does anybody know if it means production has just started once the dealer receives the VIN number from the manufacturing plant? I should get a VIN number in 2 or 3 days.
Nope you need to ask for your production week.

I found out that week 2 actually means week 3 completion of production.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 12:36 AM   #73
glowbalgroup
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40I

I got 7.8% off on My M40I
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 08:25 AM   #74
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowbalgroup View Post
I got 7.8% off on My M40I
Not bad! Specially considering the discount me and other folks here got.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 12:26 PM   #75
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

An interesting note here about the M Sport Line/Package: it seems BMW Canada was offering the M Sport Package ($2900) and M Sport Package Plus (more $1500 on top of the $2900) for the 2018 X3. The M Sport Package would not include the M Sport brakes (the blue ones). They included, along with the dynamic damper control and sportier suspension, on the M Sport Plus package.

As far as I noted, for 2019 both packages are gone and now they offer the M Sport Line, like a package, for $3500 including everything but the M Sport suspension (dynamic damper control), which is sold separately as an option.

It seems an interesting deal as it includes the better performing (and looking!) brakes besides the sportier bumpers. If the M Sport brakes are the same ones used on the M40i, they're amazing!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 09:03 PM   #76
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Just wondering if anyone took any of the dealer extras. I was offered leather-guard, extended warranty, window tinting, and etching. Irony was once they sold me the car they put me in a room with a lady that looked like she belong on a Victoria secrets runway to sell me this stuff. She was a 15 on 10 and dressed to kill. Had a hard time concentrating on what she was trying to sell. At the end I just said I will think about everything, but would like to go back and get the presentation again
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:01 PM   #77
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
If you had to choose between dark graphite grey and phytonic blue which would you pick and why?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:24 PM   #78
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaolos View Post
Just wondering if anyone took any of the dealer extras. I was offered leather-guard, extended warranty, window tinting, and etching. Irony was once they sold me the car they put me in a room with a lady that looked like she belong on a Victoria secrets runway to sell me this stuff. She was a 15 on 10 and dressed to kill. Had a hard time concentrating on what she was trying to sell. At the end I just said I will think about everything, but would like to go back and get the presentation again
I got window tinting as the representative said it's made/applied inside(?) the glass during manufacturing, so the quality is(?) way better than tinting installed by third-party companies. Besides, the price was fair (around $350).

Other than that, I didn't talk to a model, it was just an asian guy.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:26 PM   #79
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
If you had to choose between dark graphite grey and phytonic blue which would you pick and why?
I saw both in person. The graphite grey is beautiful, but on my opinion the blue is just... too beautiful! If you don't like "common" colours, the blue is a better option.
In the end, it's personal taste anyway. :P
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:28 PM   #80
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I got window tinting as the representative said it's made/applied inside(?) the glass during manufacturing, so the quality is(?) way better than tinting installed by third-party companies. Besides, the price was fair (around $350).

Other than that, I didn't talk to a model, it was just an asian guy.
The back windows are automatically tinted by BMW and yes it's in the glass. From reading it's just a colour and not a tint. So there is no UV protection nor does it stop heat. They would need to tint the front. Did you do the entire car? I hear that we should do the moon roof or we will die of heat or the UV rays.

I need to ask they wanted 385$ but did not specify what they were tinting. Them maybe again i could of missed it
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:30 PM   #81
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The back windows are automatically tinted by BMW and yes it's in the glass. From reading it's just a colour and not a tint. So there is no UV protection nor does it stop heat. They would need to tint the front. Did you do the entire car? I hear that we should do the moon roof or we will die of heat or the UV rays.

I need to ask they wanted 385$ but did not specify what they were tinting. Them maybe again i could of missed it
The option they gave me would tint all side windows, not sure about the moon roof though... I will ask the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:32 PM   #82
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

The option they gave me would tint all side windows, not sure about the moon roof though... I will ask the dealer.
Been reading the forums and most recommend it. Apparently there is something that is clear and stop heat and UV rays. Not sure if I should do it with BMW or after market but if I do it would be everything except the windshield.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:50 PM   #83
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Been reading the forums and most recommend it. Apparently there is something that is clear and stop heat and UV rays. Not sure if I should do it with BMW or after market but if I do it would be everything except the windshield.
Honestly I didn't know about the need to tint the moon roof, but now I'm curious about it and will ask the dealer. I decided to pay for side windows tinting specially because I think the car looks WAAAAY nicer with all side windows equally (or almost equally) tinted (plus privacy).
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 10:51 PM   #84
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Honestly I didn't know about the need to tint the moon roof, but now I'm curious about it and will ask the dealer. I decided to pay for side windows tinting specially because I think the car looks WAAAAY nicer with all side windows equally (or almost equally) tinted (plus privacy).
Do the rear as well and yes it looks much better.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 11:05 PM   #85
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Yeah, I definitely neet to check the window tinting with the dealer to confirm the rear window and moon roof are included (or make sure they are).
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 05:37 AM   #86
cgroves
Exalted Tire Scorcher
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i Graphite

Quote:
I saw a Graphite M40 on the road and it looked really sharp. I like the Phytonic a little more but my wife ordered her 30i first in Phytonic and while we're going to be that couple, we didn't want to be THAT couple, so I ordered the Graphite. I suspect it will show swirls etc a little more than the blue but I like it.

Last edited by cgroves; 01-10-2019 at 05:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 07:40 AM   #87
Spitfire-
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:
Yeah, I definitely neet to check the window tinting with the dealer to confirm the rear window and moon roof are included (or make sure they are).
Make sure they're not charging you $350 for just tinting the fronts. You could get everything done (front, rear & moon roof) at a reputable shop in the GTA for more or less the same price.

On my M40i, I got 20% at the front and 70% everywhere else (rear & moon roof) and have been very happy so far.
      01-10-2019, 08:21 AM   #88
Diaolos
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Just wonder if the 5A4 option 5A4 LED Headlights w/Cornering Function has high beam assit in it as well. Been doing some reading and just a bit confused as I have seen models that have 5A4 LED Headlights w/Cornering extended. Wondering if it does not say extended if it does not include the high been assist. This talking about 2019 X3.

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0