BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-15-2019, 08:44 PM   #45
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan5m3 View Post
Thanks for that pointer. Somehow i've been go that post before... hrmm...
These posts and threads are pretty interlinked. Jeepsterjoey posted way more photos of his install here: https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1558066
      03-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #46
OttoMobilia
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: it varies on my mood 😊

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan5m3 View Post
Thanks.

I must not be following this. When you can, how is this double sided tape applied in your last picture, along which plastic edges to stay away from the paint?
Apologies for the delayed response.

Hope image makes sense..
Attached Images

| Driving Assistance Pkg| Driving Assistance Plus Pkg | Executive Pkg | Premium Pkg | F & R Heated Seats
 | Trailer Hitch
 | Wireless Charging and WiFi Hotspot
 | Adaptive M Suspension
 | M Sport Diff | H K sound
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 10:10 AM   #47
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

I picked up a set from eBay, came in at $109 or so. Decent quality, I was able to reuse all the OE fasteners (8mm screws) and had already purchased some plastic rivets and rivet gun. I'm not a fan of the metal captive fasteners a lot of aftermarket vendors supply, a recipe for abrasion and rust. The seller I used was bright-monkey. Fitment was on a par with the BMW parts I'd installed on my last X3 and 328 wagon.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 12:20 AM   #48
Alex C.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw X3 xdrive30i

Garage List
Ended up buying oem front and rear set for $130 shipped
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 06:35 PM   #49
dkreidel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot of BMW's

These mudflaps do fit perfectly on a X3 M40i, but...

You'll need to do some extra work to get them installed dead nuts right. The fronts can be made to work easily, it's just drawing a hole in the plastic mudflap about 1/4" to get it to line up with the location where you remove the pull rivet.

The rear require some effort, especially the right (passenger on a US spec car). You are going to need some additional parts; I used one of each of the Balkamp parts on each side. If I had known what I know now, I'd order the plastic panel nut BMW uses on the fender liner - you need 2 more and 2 of the screws with captive washer - in advance of starting into this. You'll still need the square panel nut shown below (1 on the passenger side) and 1 of the metal panel nuts shown in the photo for the left (drivers) side.

I removed the OE rivets with a panel trim tool; much, much easier than drilling out the rivets!

The bad news: I have a lift, and can't imagine doing the work on the ground. I also don't think you'll get really clean job with the wheels installed. I have about 6-7 hours in the effort, but that included installing the IND 12mm spacers on each corner since I had the wheels off. Pics tomorrow to follow tomorrow.

Contrary to popular belief, the contour of the M-sport fender trim isn't the problem - the profiles fit within .005" - it's the missing fasteners and holes in the wrong locations that make the job tedious in the rear.