BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-15-2019, 12:38 AM   #23
Alex C.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw X3 xdrive30i

Garage List
Installed the jb4 tune few weeks ago along with a chargepipe and kn drop in filter. Really woke the car up and its actually pretty quick. I have almost 200lbs in the trunk from subwoofer and amps and this tune really makes the car a better daily driver
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 10:19 PM   #24
jimmyjohn
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the crazy g01 owner View Post
Installed the jb4 tune few weeks ago along with a chargepipe and kn drop in filter. Really woke the car up and its actually pretty quick. I have almost 200lbs in the trunk from subwoofer and amps and this tune really makes the car a better daily driver
Can’t BMW identify if you have any type of tune — eg the code change or add on harness (like Racechip)?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 05:08 AM   #25
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjohn View Post
Can’t BMW identify if you have any type of tune — eg the code change or add on harness (like Racechip)?
They can if they want to.

Obvious signs like a JB4 still being there to subtle ones like connector clips clean or broken.

The DME has certain things a 'cheap' remapper may not 'cover' and the BMW diagnostics flag it.

... failing that in the event of a major claim there is data - FASTA data apparently - which shows loads of stuff incl max boost, timing advance, gearbox torque, etc which would be a dead giveaway .... if they look. It is seemingly uploaded as soon as the car is plugged into BMW diagnostics and though not the original purpose of the data is being used to look and see if thre car has been subject to changes. I Googled it and there is a lot on it + I have an interest through my job in needing to know this kind of stuff... though there is no one seemingly wanting to put anything in writing

Last edited by SO8; 11-24-2019 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: Changes
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 01:25 AM   #26
Alex C.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw X3 xdrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjohn View Post
My service advisor told me as long as the stock tune is on, it wont be an issue. He even recommended the jb4 to me.
Appreciate 0