BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #1
ThxMomnDad
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

What's up with my radio display?

I took delivery of my 2019 X3 xdrive30i 2 months ago. There's a strange issue that I have with the display while listening to SiriusXm. As an example, if I'm listening to channel 37 and I use the voice command and say "channel 88", the channel will change to 88, but the display stays where it was and shows me the channels near 37. The same thing happens if I use the buttons to go directly to my stored favorite channels. The really odd part is that this only happens about 75% of the time. If it happened all of the time, I'd assume that's the way it's supposed to work, but sometimes when I say "channel 88", the display will change to show channel 88.

Hope that makes sense. I know my description of the issue isn't great. Anyone have any answers?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 07:43 AM   #2
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

This is an annoying characteristic that I've had on my iDrive 6 cars as well. The only time the screen display moves is if you scroll up or down the screen itself. Except I thought it happened 100% of the time. If it is "intermittent", it may be related to whether you're displaying all stations or preset stations only. I've noticed other little anomalies between those two types of displays in the past.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 07:57 AM   #3
ThxMomnDad
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Thanks for the response, hinckley. Yes, it is odd to me that it doesn't happen 100% of the time. I do always have the display showing all stations, not just presets. What makes this really annoying is that when I go to channel like 88, which is a football channel, I also listen to a few of the sports channels around it, so I like to see on the display what is playing on those other channels. To do that, I have to press the "Media" button, and then select "Satellite Radio" and go back into SiriusXM in order to see channel 88 and the surrounding channels on the display screen. Very annoying.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #4
Lenny_RDM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Ideive 6 on everything about music is f&$#%¥ magic, 2 months im trying to play some mp3 from usb to hdd.... still not available
Appreciate 0