BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #1
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

Fuse for light in glove box?

Hi guys,

While taking the glove box out previously to get better access to the fuse box I discovered that the previous owner had trashed the connector for the light in the glove box. I did a quick workaround until I could get hold of a replacement connector, which I did so today. However while crimping the new terminals on, I must have touched both wires accidentally because now the light does not work at all.

It's got to be as simple as a blown fuse, but does anyone know what fuse is responsible for the light in the glove box? I have tried a bunch of fuses the diagram suggests it could be but haven't had any luck yet. I have yet to find anything else in the car which isn't working which suggests to me it's likely to be a 5 amp fuse, or perhaps there is something else that I just haven't noticed yet.

If anyone can point me in the right direction before I unbolt the glove box to get better access in order to try every single fuse one by one it would be greatly appreciated The car is an 2013 F25 so not LCI if that makes a difference.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 11:38 AM   #2
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

Scratch that, I found it. If anyone else needs to know for future reference, it's fuse number 10 and it's a 10 amp. The fuse diagram, while not the easiest thing to read, wasn't entirely useless after all.

No idea what else that controls as 10 amps seems to be a bit overkill for just a single light, but everything else seemed ok at least.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 04:23 PM   #3
wassim dallel
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw F30 318d

good evening, could you tell me in which fuse box you made the change, the one on the engine side or the glove box
Appreciate 0