BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3/X4 Forums BMW X3 (G01) / X4 (G02) Forum Loud blinker sound

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-15-2020, 10:13 PM   #1
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
suby01's Avatar
United_States
527
Rep
1,082
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: CT, USA

iTrader: (0)

Is the blinker in the 2020 M40i quiet or LOUD in your cars?
I have no idea how I never heard it before but now I cant seem to unhear it, at every single press of the turn signal.
I did have the November 2019 Software update done recently for the Remote View.
So I dont know if it the correct function now which changed from the software update. Or was it some kind of option that I coded by mistake in Bimmercode?
I have ID7 with the livecockpit.
2020 owners share your comments.



Last edited by suby01; 01-16-2020 at 11:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 01:07 AM   #2
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
92
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40d
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

Mine is quiet - too quiet in fact.

Can barely hear it at all. I suspect it’s something that they ‘fixed’ with your recent software update.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 05:18 AM   #3
Blacktemplar
Lieutenant Colonel
Blacktemplar's Avatar
Scotland
1875
Rep
1,961
Posts

Drives: Sophisto Grey X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Mine is quite loud by comparison to my F31 but not intrusive. I suppose with such a quiet cabin (particularly with acoustic glass) it can seem pretty noisy.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 06:32 AM   #4
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
46
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: X3 (G01) M40i (MY20)
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby01 View Post
Is the blinker in the 2020 M40i quiet or LOUD in your cars?
I have no idea how I never heard it before but now I cant seem to unhear it, at every single press of the turn signal.
I did have the November 2019 Software update done recently for the Remote View.
So I dont know if it the correct function now which changed from the software update. Or was it some kind of option that I coded by mistake in Bimmercode?
I have ID7 with the livecockpit.
2020 owners share your comments.
Having had the Nov 2019 update in early January, I'm pretty sure the indicator sound is now significantly louder than pre update !
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 07:15 AM   #5
clivem2
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
343
Rep
1,664
Posts

Drives: X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Mine is quiet...ID7 not updated.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 07:30 AM   #6
drewfromthehou
Private
drewfromthehou's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M40i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Houston TX

iTrader: (0)

The update fixed remote view for me but now the blinker is obnoxiously loud! I have never heard such a loud blinker. If I am on the phone now people want to hang up if I am making very many turns because they say the blinker sounds loud on their end too! So now I try to not use the blinker as much as possible because it's annoying to listen to it.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2020, 10:05 AM   #7
Hilla13
Registered
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: X3 M40i
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Had the late 2019 update applied to my 2020 X3 M40i here in the UK following a couple of issues.

The indicator noise is now so loud it's crazy. I actually took my car took the dealer about something else and had them listen to it - they agreed it was probably too loud.

The big thing for me was the update eliminated any real burbles from the exhaust; apparently it's to protect the PPF, but now it sounds so quiet!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #8
PeteInGilroy
New Member
7
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: '19 BMW X3
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Mine is annoyingly loud and I haven't done the Nav screen update yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 10:53 AM   #9
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
suby01's Avatar
United_States
527
Rep
1,082
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: CT, USA

iTrader: (0)

Im going to the car to get a sound clip, and will post it in a bit.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 10:58 AM   #10
dmicah
Internet Weasel
dmicah's Avatar
United_States
199
Rep
297
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 M40i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

It really would be great if the Bimmercode team could enable blinker volume. Also, I'd like to map blinker fluid level onto Live Cockpit Pro and HUD!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 11:34 AM   #11
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
suby01's Avatar
United_States
527
Rep
1,082
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: CT, USA

iTrader: (0)

Bump updated first post with video sound clip
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 11:55 AM   #12
titomi
Major
titomi's Avatar
Netherlands
550
Rep
1,460
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Turn on the radio volume. Problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:00 PM   #13
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
suby01's Avatar
United_States
527
Rep
1,082
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: CT, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
Turn on the radio volume. Problem solved.
Comments like this really benefit the forum community. I am coming to you for advice from now on.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:37 PM   #14
titomi
Major
titomi's Avatar
Netherlands
550
Rep
1,460
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
That's the best I can do. Your perception of the sound might be different, as expectations about the loudness. Some want it to be loud, so that they now, if the signal is at work or not, some find the same level too much. Every person on our lovely Earth is different. If you think the update changed that, ask the dealer to undo it (if possible).
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:48 PM   #15
willjames
Lieutenant Colonel
willjames's Avatar
United Kingdom
648
Rep
1,648
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 3.0d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Dukinfield, Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Mine is quite loud, I imagine it sounds like that in a bus
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 02:39 PM   #16
syuan92
Member
syuan92's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
230
Posts

Drives: '20 BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by suby01 View Post
Is the blinker in the 2020 M40i quiet or LOUD in your cars?
I have no idea how I never heard it before but now I cant seem to unhear it, at every single press of the turn signal.
I did have the November 2019 Software update done recently for the Remote View.
So I dont know if it the correct function now which changed from the software update. Or was it some kind of option that I coded by mistake in Bimmercode?
I have ID7 with the livecockpit.
2020 owners share your comments.


Sorry to go off topic but those don't look like the stock paddle shifters on an M40i. Care to share your mod?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 05:33 PM   #17
sinbad4
Captain
595
Rep
847
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 M40i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike72uk View Post
Having had the Nov 2019 update in early January, I'm pretty sure the indicator sound is now significantly louder than pre update !
Agreed! Just had 11/2019 update done last week.. blinker is almost obnoxiously loud now.
__________________
• 2020 BMW X3 M40i Graphite : ZDA/ZDB/ZPX/718M/2VF/2T4/3KA/3AC/688/6NW/3AC
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #18
RedPepper
Private First Class
RedPepper's Avatar
United Kingdom
29
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: X3 M40d
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Bucks, UK

iTrader: (0)

I had the update done on Monday, but still don't get the option to adjust data privacy permissions to share the image for the Remote View, and the blinker noise hasn't changed. This would suggest the update either hasn't worked or they've updated to the wrong version.

That said, I have been surprised how quiet the blinker noise is and, coupled with the lack of visibility on the external mirrors (unlike my old 3 series), has been a bugbear to know if the indicator is working and so more peering down at the dashboard. I would welcome a louder noise!

Will be speaking again to the garage about the software. Out of interest, is there a way to check the version and what is the November version?
__________________
Current: X3 M40d (Sophisto Grey)
Former: 2016 335d xDrive Touring (Estoril Blue), 2013 330d xDrive Touring (Mineral Grey)
Before that: Jag XF 3.0dS, Several Audi A6 3.0TDi Avants, BMW X5 4.4i, BMW 330Ci (and before that is too embarrassing to speak of!)
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 10:03 AM   #19
cipher5
cipher5's Avatar
United_States
423
Rep
3,432
Posts

Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (12)

I have a 2018 and it's LOUD
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #20
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
suby01's Avatar
United_States
527
Rep
1,082
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: CT, USA

iTrader: (0)

So this pretty much proves that its either dramatically too loud for some reason and others is quiet. UGH BMW what gives?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 11:08 AM   #21
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
46
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: X3 (G01) M40i (MY20)
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPepper View Post
I had the update done on Monday, but still don't get the option to adjust data privacy permissions to share the image for the Remote View, and the blinker noise hasn't changed. This would suggest the update either hasn't worked or they've updated to the wrong version.

That said, I have been surprised how quiet the blinker noise is and, coupled with the lack of visibility on the external mirrors (unlike my old 3 series), has been a bugbear to know if the indicator is working and so more peering down at the dashboard. I would welcome a louder noise!

Will be speaking again to the garage about the software. Out of interest, is there a way to check the version and what is the November version?
Not that I'm aware of unless you connect BimmerCode which can detail the current i-Step version, the previous version and also the version it was built with.

But definitely the Remote 3D option under Data Privacy options (you need to be in the individual selections) will be there after the Nov 2019 update (which in my car reads as 15SA-19-11-540..... "At Delivery" version was 15SA-19-7-539 and mine was a week 39 build (early Sept MY20) last year.

Looks like the version references year (19), month (7 or 11) and then version (539 or 549)
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 11:19 AM   #22
RedPepper
Private First Class
RedPepper's Avatar
United Kingdom
29
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: X3 M40d
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Bucks, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike72uk View Post
Not that I'm aware of unless you connect BimmerCode which can detail the current i-Step version, the previous version and also the version it was built with.

But definitely the Remote 3D option under Data Privacy options (you need to be in the individual selections) will be there after the Nov 2019 update (which in my car reads as 15SA-19-11-540..... "At Delivery" version was 15SA-19-7-539 and mine was a week 39 build (early Sept MY20) last year.

Looks like the version references year (19), month (7 or 11) and then version (539 or 549)
Thanks Mike. Garage definitely said they'd done the update to "latest" and the Connected app did show the remote view from that day, but no option under the "individual" setting (and app says that's what's needed before I can show the image).

Garage did say anything more would be a Connected services call, so I will try them too.

All this for a 3d view and louder blinker!!
__________________
Current: X3 M40d (Sophisto Grey)
Former: 2016 335d xDrive Touring (Estoril Blue), 2013 330d xDrive Touring (Mineral Grey)
Before that: Jag XF 3.0dS, Several Audi A6 3.0TDi Avants, BMW X5 4.4i, BMW 330Ci (and before that is too embarrassing to speak of!)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST