BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-06-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
Smithy2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d msport Auto

Leaving the X3 family

It's time to say farewell, after 3 years of having an F25 and 3 years of the LC1 I have decided to move on. Unfortunately I am not a big fan of the new X3 styling and lease prices have gone up far too much to even justify me sticking with another one. Instead I have gone for a smaller car and plumped for an Audi Q3, massively cheaper and have full maintenance package included.

Have to say I have enjoyed my time with the X3, the second one has been my favourite car, not much has gone wrong with it, had a fuel sensor issue, the annoying sunroof rattle (even with the pad fix it still occurs), afew creaks from the dashboard, wear on the drivers seat after 18 months, black trim around the windows has gone weird (hard to explain it looks like watermarks but is inbedded - and its only one on side) oh and expensive tyre replacements.

Did consider the X1 but thought it would be worth changing to something different for a while - the tech in the Q3 is amazing and its grown up in size from the Mk1 (actually considered the mk1 6 years ago before choosing the X3 but found it a bit too small)

Hope you all enjoy your X3's and who knows i may be back in the future!
      02-06-2020, 06:38 PM   #2
airbagit13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW x3

Yeah, the weird looking watermark looking stains on the black molding on the windows happened to mine as well. They go away if you put oil on them but they come back. Happened when a car wash company used some sort of cleaning agent on them.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 08:52 AM   #3
filo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbagit13 View Post
Yeah, the weird looking watermark looking stains on the black molding on the windows happened to mine as well. They go away if you put oil on them but they come back. Happened when a car wash company used some sort of cleaning agent on them.
Just in case someone else crosses this post - I have the same weird black molding stains also probably due to a previous owner using some sort of cleaning agent they shouldn't have.

I've tried so many different things to get rid of the stains or whatever it is. Oil will work for a bit, but I've found that Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0 works the best. Keeps the stains gone for a couple weeks which seems longer than anything else I've tried.

Just a heads up if anyone is looking for something to try -- give Scratch X or something similar a shot.
Appreciate 0