BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #155
dylan1357
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike72uk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan1357 View Post
Fingers crossed it lands on schedule or sooner. I tried to track my delivery, apparently the ship is still at Bremerhaven but the car is at status 9650. If possible, it appears to have changed ships for the final leg to Southampton.

Dylan, was yours a wk36 build car then ? how did you get the 9650 status, from the dealer or "Online Genius" ?
So, my build was week 33 and arrived today at the dealership, collecting tomorrow

The updates from the geniuses were 9000 from 30th August until around the 15th Sept. at one point delivery date was w/c 21st Oct.

In theory, you could be collecting in 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Some geniuses are better with the status updates, ask when the status change happened.

I'll post some pics tomorrow once collected, but it's not a 2020 M40i...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 01:05 PM   #156
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
FFS...just enquired with "online genius". (there's a misplaced term if ever there was one) and apparently mine is still at 9000 (departed plant) - I flipping new that since 10th Sept. Then went on to tell me delivery was expected week commencing 28th Oct, which is a week later than I had been told when ordering (which was wk 43 - 21st October)

what is sooo frustrating is that no-one (not even my dealer) seems able to confirm if the vehicle is actually on a vessel, and what that vessel is.

What a friustrating process! I WANT MY CAR NOW
Hi Mike,

Apparently it stays at 9000 from the point it departs the factory until it leaves Bremerhaven to come to the UK.

The geniuses know nothing, I've spoken with many and they never truly know. Give it a few weeks and then the status should update as it departs for the UK.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #157
dylan1357
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lochview View Post
Quote:
FFS...just enquired with "online genius". (there's a misplaced term if ever there was one) and apparently mine is still at 9000 (departed plant) - I flipping new that since 10th Sept. Then went on to tell me delivery was expected week commencing 28th Oct, which is a week later than I had been told when ordering (which was wk 43 - 21st October)

what is sooo frustrating is that no-one (not even my dealer) seems able to confirm if the vehicle is actually on a vessel, and what that vessel is.

Hi Mike,

Apparently it stays at 9000 from the point it departs the factory until it leaves Bremerhaven to come to the UK.

The geniuses know nothing, I've spoken with many and they never truly know. Give it a few weeks and then the status should update as it departs for the UK.
...and then the status changes start coming in quickly
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2019, 01:14 AM   #158
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi Mike,

Bosporus Highway has arrived in Bremerhaven, ship one of four coming from Charleston. Themis is just approaching the UK, ETA Tuesday.

Victoria Highway and Toledo have both passed by the north of Bermuda but seem to be going rather slowly since they departed.

They must be waiting in a queue or in a holding pattern until the other two ahead of them start their respective journey's back towards the US.

Here's hoping some week 36 cars are on these and we start seeing some status changes over the next week or so.

All the best with your collection today Dylan...

Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 02:40 AM   #159
dylan1357
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi Mike,

Bosporus Highway has arrived in Bremerhaven, ship one of four coming from Charleston. Themis is just approaching the UK, ETA Tuesday.

Victoria Highway and Toledo have both passed by the north of Bermuda but seem to be going rather slowly since they departed.

They must be waiting in a queue or in a holding pattern until the other two ahead of them start their respective journey's back towards the US.

Here's hoping some week 36 cars are on these and we start seeing some status changes over the next week or so.

All the best with your collection today Dylan...

Have fun!
Thanks, I'll try to remember to grab pictures amongst all the over excitement....
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2019, 12:05 PM   #160
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

lochview am I right in thinking you're waiting on Silver with Tartufo? Same as my subsequent week 39 build.
      09-21-2019, 12:20 PM   #161
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
lochview am I right in thinking you're waiting on Silver with Tartufo? Same as my subsequent week 39 build.
clivem2 Yep, looking forward to seeing the combo!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 03:23 PM   #162
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Bosporus Highway left Bremerhaven yesterday and arrived in Zeebrugge this afternoon before it departs tomorrow for Southampton, arriving on Tuesday.

Themis is off the south coast of Ireland and is due into Bremerhaven on Wednesday and then on to Southampton on Friday.

Victoria Highway and Toledo are both currently right in the middle of the North Atlantic on their way to Bremerhaven due to arrive next Sunday and the following Tuesday.

Haven't received any emails from BMW this weekend, so either the car isn't on the first ship or the system doesn't generate emails during the weekend... more likely that the car isn't on the Bosporus Highway and is potentially on the other ships yet to arrive yet.

However, I will continue to monitor and will keep you appraised of any updates (emails from BMW) or vessel movements as and when I can throughout the week...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 07:46 PM   #163
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (G01) M40i (MY20)

Quote:
Bosporus Highway left Bremerhaven yesterday and arrived in Zeebrugge this afternoon before it departs tomorrow for Southampton, arriving on Tuesday.

Themis is off the south coast of Ireland and is due into Bremerhaven on Wednesday and then on to Southampton on Friday.

Victoria Highway and Toledo are both currently right in the middle of the North Atlantic on their way to Bremerhaven due to arrive next Sunday and the following Tuesday.

Haven't received any emails from BMW this weekend, so either the car isn't on the first ship or the system doesn't generate emails during the weekend... more likely that the car isn't on the Bosporus Highway and is potentially on the other ships yet to arrive yet.

However, I will continue to monitor and will keep you appraised of any updates (emails from BMW) or vessel movements as and when I can throughout the week...
Loch,

I don't think you get any more emails from BMW until it is with the dealer as looking at the sequence of dots on the email, departed factory is the second to last one, so I reckon there will be one more, most likely either when arrived in UK or (more likely) when at dealer.

You should be able to get a status change once it has left Bremerhaven if I recall, going from 9000 to something between 9695 and 9620.

M.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 09:07 AM   #164
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaretFozzy View Post
Status 6000 now 👍
Still at Status 6000. Been like that for 10 days now.

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #165
Andy2019
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3 M40d

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I've got a Carbon Black Week 37 build M40d on order and my status changed to 6000 on 11th September and has been stuck ever since.
I have a worrying feeling that this could be to do with Brexit and BMW doing what they did in February and not putting UK bound cars on ships in Durban until they know what's going on.
I don't know for certain but it's a hunch - I hope i'm wrong! If you do a search you'll find a thread on Brexit with the details of what happened earlier in the year.
I need to speak to my dealer to find out what's going on.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 01:21 AM   #166
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Blank

Quote:
Quote:
Status 6000 now 👍

I hope BMW are not intentionally "delaying" UK bound cars, so they can slap them with the WTO Tariffs if Brexit occurs on 31st October...

I firmly believe if you have ordered a car pre this date, the tariffs shouldn't be applicable even if it arrives after the Brexit date.

My X3 M40i UK spec car updated to 9000 status 3 weeks ago, so am hoping it is on one of two Wallenius Wilhelmsen ships currently heading to Europe and then arriving into the UK in early October, meaning the car should get to me before the end of October...
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 01:30 AM   #167
Douggie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1, X3

Quote:

Maybe related to this?

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1655319

Last edited by Douggie; 09-24-2019 at 04:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 05:23 AM   #168
zeich83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
I hope BMW are not intentionally "delaying" UK bound cars, so they can slap them with the WTO Tariffs if Brexit occurs on 31st October...

I firmly believe if you have ordered a car pre this date, the tariffs shouldn't be applicable even if it arrives after the Brexit date.

My X3 M40i UK spec car updated to 9000 status 3 weeks ago, so am hoping it is on one of two Wallenius Wilhelmsen ships currently heading to Europe and then arriving into the UK in early October, meaning the car should get to me before the end of October...
What are those WTO rules? Isn't it up to the UK to determine tariff rates upon Brexit and determine if they want to collect them or not? They may forego their collection briefly in order to limit the damage.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 06:07 AM   #169
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Quote:

If they are then they can stick it and I'll choose another brand instead!

The wife picked up a new Evoque last week and it's stunning, inside and out, even for a 2.0 diesel. Was pre-built with every option ticked and from signing the paperwork to collecting the car only took 3 days!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 10:03 AM   #170
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Hey Loch,

Any update on your status? I take it both Bosporus Highway and Themis have made their calls at Southampton now (just checked and Bosporus Highway departed Southampton on 24th Sept, lookalike Themis is scheduled to arrive Southampton 29th Sept) ?

I had someone check mine today and I'm still 9000, so assuming that my car wasn't on either of the above mentioned ships (or the status should have changed once they left Bremerhaven) so maybe it's on Victoria Highway (due Bremerhaven 28th Sept, Southampton presumably a couple of days later) or Toledo (due Southampton 5th Oct)

Last edited by Mike72uk; 09-26-2019 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 10:23 AM   #171
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hey Loch,

Any update on your status? I take it both Bosporus Highway and Themis have made their calls at Southampton now ?

I had someone check mine today and I'm still 9000, so assuming that my car wasn't on either of the above mentioned ships, maybe Victoria Highway or Toledo
Hi Mike,

No updates yet, but Themis is due into Zeebrugge tonight and then due into Southampton on Saturday.

I had it confirmed that Wallenius Wilhelmsen are the official carriers for BMW from North America, so assume that Toledo will be the next one to arrive early next week.

Officially Zeebrugge is still EU so the 9000 status might not update until Themis departs on its way to the UK tomorrow...

If not, it's likely Toledo is where our cars might reside!

Getting a tad frustrated for sure. Can't believe there is no record of where the car resides that BMW should share with us... annoying
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 10:24 AM   #172
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

If they are then they can stick it and I'll choose another brand instead!

The wife picked up a new Evoque last week and it's stunning, inside and out, even for a 2.0 diesel. Was pre-built with every option ticked and from signing the paperwork to collecting the car only took 3 days!
Looks like BMW will honour orders raised pre Brexit from a WTO rules change perspective. Seen on other posts that this seems to be the case along with some T's & C's being updated.

Glad to hear it for sure!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 01:28 PM   #173
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Getting a tad frustrated for sure. Can't believe there is no record of where the car resides that BMW should share with us... annoying
Oh I'm pretty certain that there is a record somewhere of what car is on what ship, probably based around VIN number.... that's basic logistics management, how else would they know what car is going where?

I'm getting equally frustrated !

M.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 02:27 PM   #174
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Oh I'm pretty certain that there is a record somewhere of what car is on what ship, probably based around VIN number.... that's basic logistics management, how else would they know what car is going where?

I'm getting equally frustrated !

M.
Agreed, but trying to find a customer reference number or waybill to track the car with Wallenius Wilhelmsen is not currently feasible as BMW seem not to have this in the systems that the dealer or Genius have access to, which is all the more frustrating!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #175
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

So, I've been looking back on my "Possible Week" since order. Order was placed 10th August. Expected Delivery (Possible Week in BMW system) was Week 43 (21st October). A further check on 6th Sept had it still at Week 43 (21st October). Then on 17th Sept that had slipped a week to Week 44 (28th Oct) and today it seems to have slipped further to Week 45 (4th November).

The car completed build and departed factory on 10th Sept.... which would make it almost 2 months since being built for delivery...... for a 12 day voyage across the Atlantic and whatever time it takes too get from UK landing port to dealer.

What is going on..... is this because of the Recall Notice/Stop Delivery Order ?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 05:14 AM   #176
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So, I've been looking back on my "Possible Week" since order. Order was placed 10th August. Expected Delivery (Possible Week in BMW system) was Week 43 (21st October). A further check on 6th Sept had it still at Week 43 (21st October). Then on 17th Sept that had slipped a week to Week 44 (28th Oct) and today it seems to have slipped further to Week 45 (4th November).

The car completed build and departed factory on 10th Sept.... which would make it almost 2 months since being built for delivery...... for a 12 day voyage across the Atlantic and whatever time it takes too get from UK landing port to dealer.

What is going on..... is this because of the Recall Notice/Stop Delivery Order ?
I emailed Wallenius Wilhelmsen and asked if they could provide details on where my car is in it's journey. They can't provide it to me unless I have a reference number, even though they can do lookup on the VIN.

So have asked them to send me what field I need to ask BMW UK for so I can check this on their track and trace site...

So damn frustrating!
Appreciate 0