BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-15-2019, 12:37 PM   #23
x3sm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 Porsche

I did a thing! Always hated that orange parking lots were on 24/7, coded them out.
Attached Images

AUDI S4: SOLD
BMW E92 335: SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 06:37 PM   #24
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
I started this post because I wanted to install LCI fogs in my pre-LCI X3 and so far none of these posts have helped. There's allot of good info for coding them once I figure out what I need to mount LCI LED fogs on my 2011. Is it even possible? Does anyone at lease know if the plugs are the same? I'm not interested in installing LED bulbs in the Halogen housings.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 09:37 PM   #25
x3sm
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
I started this post because I wanted to install LCI fogs in my pre-LCI X3 and so far none of these posts have helped. There's allot of good info for coding them once I figure out what I need to mount LCI LED fogs on my 2011. Is it even possible? Does anyone at lease know if the plugs are the same? I'm not interested in installing LED bulbs in the Halogen housings.
Your question has been answered on post #3! The LCI LED Fog Lights do not mount to PRE-LCI bumper molding in the back. AFAIK, you cannot install LCI moldings to PRE-LCI bumper. You will either need to convert the whole front end to LCI or you will need to create custom brackets to mount LED fogs to PRE-LCI bumper. The plugs are the same, I installed the LED fogs and did not need any wiring done, simply plug and play + some coding.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 11:30 PM   #26
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sm View Post
Your question has been answered on post #3! The LCI LED Fog Lights do not mount to PRE-LCI bumper molding in the back. AFAIK, you cannot install LCI moldings to PRE-LCI bumper. You will either need to convert the whole front end to LCI or you will need to create custom brackets to mount LED fogs to PRE-LCI bumper. The plugs are the same, I installed the LED fogs and did not need any wiring done, simply plug and play + some coding.
Doesn't the fog light mount to a bracket behind the bumper, not the bumper itself? If so, would this LCI bracket work with a pre-LCI bumper?

Thanks for the conformation on the plugs.

Name:  lci fog light braker.JPG
Views: 1099
Size:  37.2 KB
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 03:24 PM   #27
x3sm
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Doesn't the fog light mount to a bracket behind the bumper, not the bumper itself? If so, would this LCI bracket work with a pre-LCI bumper?

Thanks for the conformation on the plugs.

Attachment 2145558
No, that is what I was saying - the brackets from PRE-LCI do not fit LCI bumper. You can even tell from that picture. You can try to fabricate some hybrid bracket from PRE-LCI and LCI mounts.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #28
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, that is what I was saying - the brackets from PRE-LCI do not fit LCI bumper. You can even tell from that picture. You can try to fabricate some hybrid bracket from PRE-LCI and LCI mounts.
I'm not asking if pre-LCI brackets fit an LCI-bumper, I'm asking if the LCI brackets fit a pre-LCI bumper?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #29
x3sm
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not asking if pre-LCI brackets fit an LCI-bumper, I'm asking if the LCI brackets fit a pre-LCI bumper?
Can't tell if serious.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 06:16 PM   #30
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can't tell if serious.
Seriously, I don't have conformation if LCI brackets will fit a pre-LCI bumper.

Besides, you're saying PRE-LCI do not fit LCI bumper, why would I even want to do that? I'm trying to use LCI LED fogs for my pre-LCI bumper, which is the topic of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 09:47 PM   #31
x3sm
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Besides, you're saying PRE-LCI do not fit LCI bumper, why would I even want to do that? I'm trying to use LCI LED fogs for my pre-LCI bumper, which is the topic of this thread.
Since you don't understand what has been already said to you, figure it out: www.realoem.com
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 01:09 AM   #32
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Since you don't understand what has been already said to you, figure it out: www.realoem.com
  • I understand that the question I asked was not clearly answered.
  • You say a pre-LCI bracket will not fit a LCI bumper, fine, I did not ask that question, nor do I want to do that.
  • Are you saying a LCI bracket will not fit a pre-LCI bumper, because I don't see that anywhere in this thread? If it does not fit, fine, question answered, if you don't know, fine.
  • Since you did the conversion, you had both LCI and pre-LCI brackets in hand and would know what the difference is between them besides the fog light mounting. It's hard to tell by the pictures.
  • realoem is not going to show if a LCI bracket will fit a pre-LCI bumper.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 10:08 PM   #33
x3sm
Captain
Rep

Quote:
  • I understand that the question I asked was not clearly answered.
  • You say a pre-LCI bracket will not fit a LCI bumper, fine, I did not ask that question, nor do I want to do that.
  • Are you saying a LCI bracket will not fit a pre-LCI bumper, because I don't see that anywhere in this thread? If it does not fit, fine, question answered, if you don't know, fine.
  • Since you did the conversion, you had both LCI and pre-LCI brackets in hand and would know what the difference is between them besides the fog light mounting. It's hard to tell by the pictures.
  • realoem is not going to show if a LCI bracket will fit a pre-LCI bumper.
If PRE-LCI bracket will not fit a LCI bumper, then why would LCI bracket fit the PRE-LCI? Obviously if it doesn't fit one way, it wouldn't fit the other way. The bracket takes shape of the front bumper, so if you look at the bumpers you can tell that either way the bracket will not work. You can also look at realoem and it shows you part numbers for each year vehicles and again you can tell by parts numbers that they will not work. Finally you can find pictures of brackets online and 100% say they are not interchangeable anyway you try. Also you cannot fit PRE-LCI fogs to LCI brackets nor the other way around. Again I tell you, if you want LCI LED fogs, convert the whole front end or make custom brackets.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 10:22 PM   #34
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the conformation.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 01:13 AM   #35
RichardH
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: X5M

Anyone figure out how to get foglights on with DRLs?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 10:09 PM   #36
g2423_1
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
I did a thing! Always hated that orange parking lots were on 24/7, coded them out.
quick question, is LCI xenon light plug and play with pre LCI xenon lights? I'm planning to upgrade to LCI xenon lights.
Appreciate 0